Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 2: December 2007-January 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Split again??? I don't think so!!lol they seem to be in love more than ever!!!

Let's get in first with the next story (exclusive to TRF):
Shock Clarence Clash!
Camilla vs Kate in Redecorating Battle Royal!
Charles & Wills duck for cover!

or how about:

Kate calls in Colin and Justin to redecorate CH!

Shock Clarence Clash!

sword-battle.gif

Shock Clarence Clash!

:ROFLMAO: Love it! If only, wouldn't it be fun to watch?:lol:

Whatever happened to William's flat at the Dolphin that was discussed early this year?

Shock Clarence Clash!

This would make for great reality television. Think of the ratings :D

I love the sword fighting smileys too skydragon.

A wrap up of the year's ups and downs. Kate and William are right at the top of the list :flowers:

Taking a peak at Royals’ ups and downs

Dec 27 2007 by Eryl Jones, Western Mail

As 2007 draws to a close, the Royals will no doubt be looking back over the events of the past year.
So, what exactly did the past 12 months bring for the House of Windsor?
There were major ups and downs for royal romances. Prince William and Kate Middleton shocked royal watchers by splitting up in April.
Friends blamed the pressures of Army life and Kate was soon spotted out on the town, seemingly invigorated by life as a singleton.
But, by June, the pair were back together and seem to have put the temporary blip behind them.

Taking a peak at Royals’ ups and downs - icWales

Shock Clarence Clash!

Dear Warren,
Thank you for the very important news... You are cool...:lol:

h.

Last edited:
According to Reuters this morning, it appears that Kate is actually helping the popularity of Prince William among Britons, with her widespread approval :flowers:

Prince William favoured as next monarch
Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:41am GMT

LONDON (Reuters) - Britons favour Prince William over his father Charles as their next monarch, with widespread approval for William's girlfriend boosting his ratings, a poll shows...

....The groundswell of support appears to have been helped by his rekindled romance with Kate Middleton.

...Only 18 percent of those surveyed think she would not make a good addition to the royal family.

Now the question is, who exactly took this survery :)

Prince William favoured as next monarch | Lifestyle | Reuters

Last edited:
I believe that the public would choose him over Charles...LOL

According to Reuters this morning, it appears that Kate is actually helping the popularity of Prince William among Britons, with her widespread approval :flowers:

Prince William favoured as next monarch | Lifestyle | Reuters

Maybe it should be added that they only asked Britons aged 18 to 24. I bet it would be vice versa if the whole population of Britain had been represented. Of course youngsters want a young king. Who wouldn't? And of course they have no understanding that the throne is not the main win in the lottery but something you inherit from somebody.

But it's nice to read that half of the represented Britons have finally warmed to Camilla.

If you read the article you'd seen that they only asked people aged 18 to 24. No wonder Charles does not point (score as much points?) as much as his young son. :flowers:

My goodness, I hope you didn't come to that belief based on the poll, that asked 1004 people out of 65 million! :lol:

"Populus conducted a nation-wide poll of 1,004 people, commissioned by the Discovery Channel, with interviews taking place across the country by telephone and results weighted to be representative of all adults".

My goodness, I hope you didn't come to that belief based on the poll, that asked 1004 people out of 65 million! :lol:

"Populus conducted a nation-wide poll of 1,004 people, commissioned by the Discovery Channel, with interviews taking place across the country by telephone and results weighted to be representative of all adults".

No...I think most people in general would choose his son first. :lol:

Well as far as I understand, this poll has been taken among people up to the age of 24. It's therefore not surprising that they would relate more to someone close to their age like William rather than almost 60 year-old Charles. I don't get though why they keep on taking these kind of polls. It's the very nature of monarchy that you cannot chose who's gonna be head of state next. So what does it matter that some people prefer the younger William over his father?

No...I think most people in general would choose his son first. :lol:
Based on what though.

Most people I know in the UK above the age of 30 would rather have Charles who they see as well trained, articulate and caring, above an amateur and inarticulate boy. Then again of us all, only two have ever been asked in a poll, mainly I assume, because the majority of us are ex directory.

Well as far as I understand, this poll has been taken among people up to the age of 24. It's therefore not surprising that they would relate more to someone close to their age like William rather than almost 60 year-old Charles. I don't get though why they keep on taking these kind of polls. It's the very nature of monarchy that you cannot chose who's gonna be head of state next. So what does it matter that some people prefer the younger William over his father?
Hello Isana, welcome to the forums. :flowers:

They take these polls to give publicity to their programmes or papers. They can never be seen as accurate, especially as 1004 people could not possibly represent the whole of the UK. An acquaintance who works in the media told me how they will keep interviewing people to ensure they get the comments they want, to back up the figures they will be presenting. A lot also depends on the wording...

I was once asked if my opinion of Camilla had improved since the wedding, I answered NO because I have always had a good opinion of her. Therefore my answer in that poll would have been used to imply her popularity had not risen. :flowers:

[FONT=&quot]I do not favour Prince Charles at all, but I am against of breaking the order of succession. At the same time, I have to say that age and experience might be viewed as relative parameters, when it comes to ascending to a throne. If my memory serves me right, Her Majesty was 25-26 years old, when she was crowned. [/FONT]

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot] I have to say that age and experience might be viewed as relative parameters, when it comes to ascending a throne. If my memory serves me right, Her Majesty was 25-26 years old, when she was crowned. [/FONT]

Good point. I don't think Prince William is in any way as suited to be monarch as his grandmother was at that age.

Good point. I don't think Prince William is in any way as suited to be monarch as his grandmother was at that age.
No, I don't think he is either, but I think he knows that he will not be king for a long while, hopefully for him, so he wants to live his life in a way he won't be able to live when he is king. As for that poll I think those are so retarted because it doesn't matter what the people think Charles is going to be king whether the people like it or not, it is not a democracy! Then apparently the people will rejoice when William is king!

IMO he's much too young to become King. Some people think that Charles isn't capable to do it even after all his experiences. How could William do better ?

If my memory serves me right, Her Majesty was 25-26 years old, when she was crowned.
Fortunately, she hadn't spent a lot of her time in bars and clubs or having an on/off relationship with anyone! :rolleyes:

well whatever!!! That is what they do. But, I wouldn't do it. I hope they eat them birds.

Well ... What could be said? ... Her Majesty had responsible parents to guide her. I am sure that Her Majesty did listen to them and valued their opinion. Given the fact that Princess Diana is not available, I am curious why Prince Charles is incapable of properly controlling his sons.

"Princess Diana is not available" :ROFLMAO::lol: ! Oh dear, that made me laugh :D.

Of course there's the type of education you decide to give to a child and there's the generation. It's been said that Prince Charles didn't receive the most valuable education and that might be a cause to it (not blaming anyone here, okay ?). I don't think his sons were not well educated but more that they don't or refuse to understand the role they must have for the country.

Well ... What could be said? ... Her Majesty had responsible parents to guide her. I am sure that Her Majesty did listen to them and valued their opinion. I am curious why Prince Charles is incapable of properly controlling his sons.
HM came from a happy and stable marriage. William & Harry watched their mother ripping the RF apart, they witnessed her tears and tantrums, her very public linen washing. There is also the 'times', even royal children have more rights now. How do you control young adults, if you have the secret please let the millions of parents worldwide know.

Last edited:
Good lord I Googled the Vodka pictures lol! Very strange.

whoops wrong thread :p

Speaking about Prince William he doesn't seem to be doing anything different than most people his age.

Last edited:
"Princess Diana is not available" :ROFLMAO::lol: ! Oh dear, that made me laugh :D.

Of course there's the type of education you decide to give to a child and there's the generation. It's been said that Prince Charles didn't receive the most valuable education and that might be a cause to it (not blaming anyone here, okay ?). I don't think his sons were not well educated but more that they don't or refuse to understand the role they must have for the country.
:ermm::ermm::ermm: I beg your pardon..?

This may also imply that Prince Charles has failed to properly explain the role Princes must have for the country. It may safely be said that Her Majesty succeeded in doing so with Prince Charles.

Skydragon and theTruth... Your insightful remarks are duly noted...

Last edited:
:ermm::ermm::ermm: I beg your pardon..?

This may also imply that Prince Charles has failed to properly explain the role Princes must have for the country. It may safely be said that Her Majesty succeeded in doing with Prince Charles.

Skydragon and theTruth... Your insightful remarks are duly noted...

By "it made me laugh", I implied that "not available" sounded funny, that's all.

As for education, like I said before : generation. Nowadays, young people have much more liberty than they had in other times. I'm not saying Charles didn't do his work, William and Harry have the choice to listen and do it or not. Plain and simple.

I don't know if you can ever fully prepare to be the King/Queen at any age...it's overwhelming for sure. People have a way of rising to a challenge when they are expected to but the lack of political power the windsors possess should make it easier, IMO.

IMO the problem started with Diana and her desire for the Princes to grow up "normal". Charles agreed to to it,I believe, because he didn't want to inflict his childhood on his sons nor do I think he was really able to stop it after Diana died. And so we end up with the Princes basically doing what everyone else their age is doing.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom