Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 2: December 2007-January 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm violating the rules for posting this, I'm sorry. But here is the link to the pictures of her "having a word" with the vultures who hound her everyday. Very candid shots of her sans makeup. At the awful website they attempt to crucify her for wearing what appears to be a see-through skirt. GREAT BIG :ROLLEYES::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Wow, isn't she nicely dressed just to go and load the car, I'd be in trousers and a Barbour! I love the outfits in these pictures, the same sort of thing any nice young woman wears. As for the no make-up look, she still looks pretty and puts a lot of so called 'celebs' to shame.
Any skirt can 'appear' see through if you angle the cameara in a certain way.

All in all, top marks to Catherine who has the self confidence to dare to appear in public without full war paint! :clap::clap:

Wow, isn't she nicely dressed just to go and load the car, I'd be in trousers and a Barbour! I love the outfits in these pictures, the same sort of thing any nice young woman wears. As for the no make-up look, she still looks pretty and puts a lot of so called 'celebs' to shame.
Any skirt can 'appear' see through if you angle the cameara in a certain way.

All in all, top marks to Catherine who has the self confidence to dare to appear in public without full war paint! :clap::clap:

Reminds one of Camilla and the way she used to appear in her home village before she became HRH and now has to look accordingly. I am also one of the women who only apply make-up when going out for business purposes. My husband always tells me he hates to kiss a "chemical factory" - there are men who prefer the natural look. (Though I'm not sure William is one of them - unfortunately).

Ah, and welcome back, Skydragon :flowers:.

Can you imagine not spending Xmas with your BF of 5 years? Time to move on, Kate!

Can you imagine not spending Xmas with your BF of 5 years? Time to move on, Kate!

In a situation like that - yes, I can. And I wish for Catherine that she is able to spend some more Xmases with her parents and siblings before she eventually is reduced to the BRF. But maybe Charles and Camilla one day have different ideas of a family christmas and will accept their son's in-laws or allow their sons to spend Xmas partly with the other family.

maybe this is the last time she will get to spend xmas with her family???

maybe this is the last time she will get to spend xmas with her family???

I think that is why she is not going to BRF's Christmas get-to-getters for the last few years. Because she knows when or if she marries into that family she will have to spend the Holidays with them.

I hope Princes Charles and The Duchess will change the rules for relatives of people who marry into the family to attend the Holidays:flowers:.

Time to move on, Kate!

THANK YOU! I don't love her, but I think she deserves someone better than William. When he breaks up and makes up with her, he is standing in the way of her career, growth, and future, because every time she starts to move on, he shows up. And Im really getting tired of it. So my only hope now is that they get married or he leaves her alone!

Thats is exactly what I was thinking, doesn't she think maybe if she wants to win points in the royal families heart she would at least spend Christmas with his family. IMO, I'm old fashion, but for her to be accepted she has to spend time with his family too, if she wants to spend her life with him. I thought when she was invited by the Queen last year to spend Christmas with them, and denied it, she was stupid. :rolleyes: She has all her life to be with hers!

I thought when she was invited by the Queen last year to spend Christmas with them, and denied it, she was stupid.

But who knows if that is true or not. Other than some rumor printed in a newspaper, there's no proof that she was invited by the Queen for Christmas day last year.

Thats is exactly what I was thinking, doesn't she think maybe if she wants to win points in the royal families heart she would at least spend Christmas with his family. IMO, I'm old fashion, but for her to be accepted she has to spend time with his family too, if she wants to spend her life with him. I thought when she was invited by the Queen last year to spend Christmas with them, and denied it, she was stupid. :rolleyes: She has all her life to be with hers!

We don't know if she ever was really invited. Just because the tabs say so doesn't make it true:rolleyes: Previously royal GF's haven't been invited at xmas nor do I get the impression the Queen has any desire to change how the family does it's xmas.
IMO Kate seems to be on good terms with the various members of the RF. There are a decent amount of photos of her with various members so she has been spending time with them. She has no need to win points by spending it with them and possibly gained points by wanting to spend xmas
with her family. It shows she comes from stable and loving family which is IMO a major selling point to the royals.
And if she marries William she will no longer have her whole life to spend with hers. She will spend it with his or do what Camilla does on xmas day after lunch.
IMO Charles and Camilla will change the holidays, if for no other reason Tom and Laura.

About Christmas...I don't think it's strange that Kate doesn't spend Christmas with William. I don't know about your countries, but in mine it isn't usual for girlfriends or boyfriends to be invited to spend Christmas with their partners unless they've been living together for years. I know lots of couples - married ones, too - who spend Christmas with their parents and not together. Why shouldn't it be all different for Kate and William?

An article in The Sun says that Prince William took Catherine ice skating at Somerset House. A second article has photos of them skating together.

Wills and Kate on skate date | The Sun |HomePage|News|Royals

"Wills, 25, paid £12.50 for two tickets for 45 minutes' skating at London's posh Somerset House rink on Thursday.
The smitten pair skated to classical music in front of 200 others - and held hands at one point as they glided across the ice.
A source said: "It was very romantic and they seemed keen to keep to it very low key."

The second article shows the photos of them skating together. They look like they're enjoying themselves quite a bit.

Prince William | Kate Middleton | Heir to throne takes his girlfriend ice skating | The Sun |HomePage|News|Royals

I must be incredibly old fashioned, Christmas is a time you spend with your family and until they become engaged or married, Catherine should be with her parents. Once married she will have to learn to juggle the parents/in-laws, the same as we all do. I can't see HM or Charles and Camilla insisting that any wife of William cannot see their own family at this time.

I have to agree with Skydragon.
However serious Prince William and Kate Middleton are about each other, Christmas is a time you want to spend with your family, not your boyfriend and his family.
I'm not sure whether Kate had the option to join the Royal Family (unofficially, of course), however if she did, and she chose to spend the time with her family instead, I think it was the right thing to do.

I allways throught that only the royals were allowed to be there for christmas and then family friends would stay after christmas.

I think the fact that they just went ice skating together and held hands and it's been captured in a photo is more interesting than the old question of where will they spend Christmas.

They are spending Christmas with their families, and after Boxing Day they will go off together and spend New Year's Eve and New Year's Day together, at least according to certain factions of the media that's what will happen.

How one spends Christmas is an individual and personal choice. There is no such thing as "supposed to do" or whatever. You just do what you want. However, most people want to spend it with family. But families are all so different. For some people, family means friends. Anyway, on topic again, I agree with TonyaR. The ice skating pictures are more interesting than the Christmas debate. ;)

I think the fact that they just went ice skating together and held hands and it's been captured in a photo is more interesting than the old question of where will they spend Christmas.
Wasn't it 'The Sun' that paid lookalikes for Diana & Hewitt? :D

I don't know, but the photos look like they were taken with a mobile phone instead of a professional digital camera. I think it likely that a fellow skater took the photographs and not a professional photographer. It is refreshing to see William and Catherine doing something wholesome and fun like ice skating.
Maybe in the future we will see more newspaper articles about them enjoying activities like this instead of going to the clubs so much. I look forward to reading about their next outing.

whether these pictures are real or not, I'm happy to see William acting like a normal boyfriend for ones and having fun with Kate besides the usual drunk pictures. Hopefully this is the right step for a mature relationship, but something tells me not to hold my breath over it.

I thought it was very funny if you read the articles in sequence. The first one made it sound like Kate and William are quite proficient in skating....that part about "danced for about an hour". Then when you loook at the photos from the second article, they seem like any casual skaters risking falling on their back at any minute. Regardless if the photos were real or not, someone was definitely embellishing.

whether these pictures are real or not, I'm happy to see William acting like a normal boyfriend for ones and having fun with Kate besides the usual drunk pictures. Hopefully this is the right step for a mature relationship, but something tells me not to hold my breath over it.

Finally someone that sees him and their relationship the same way as I do!

I can remember only a few times when William has appeared to look the worse for wear coming out of a club. Usually mid-blink or a fraction of an instance can make someone appear drunk who in truth is not. Kate has never allowed herself to be photographed drunk in front of paparazzi. I believe she has too much class to "keep it real" for the world to see.

Nevertheless if William and Kate want to crawl on all fours together out of a seraglio it's their business. These two have been a couple all along, just that the press had to beg for and pay a pretty penny for cell phone snaps of their unguarded moment. Why??? Because William and Kate have made it crystal clear that they do not want the publicity on their relationship, and have gone to great lengths to keep it under wraps, therefore they are non-demonstrative in public. For that I am eternally grateful. The day we begin to be inundated with them grabbing all over each like two love struck teenagers is the day the wishful thinking for their breakup by the snipers at the other bittermen forum might not be quite as psychotic as they sound.

Last edited:
why we only have one photo of them ice skating? Wasn't it suppose to catch the attention of a lot of paparazzi??

why we only have one photo of them ice skating? Wasn't it suppose to catch the attention of a lot of paparazzi??

Why do you think they were trying to get the paparazzi attention? The pictures
looked they came from a camera phone. IMO someone caught William and Kate by chance. IMO it is just one of the normal life things they do that unfortunately aren't photographed that often so some people think the only thing William and Kate do together is get drunk at clubs and have a very immature relationship.

Sadly, thanks to the advent of omnipresent reality television, many people think that Prince William and his girlfriend's every step and every breath should be documented by "pics" upon which his adoring fans can "vote" online, usually. If there are no "pics," then there is no "proof" that they ever took a step outside of their door, and William and Kate are villains for not playing to the stands and giving his adoring fans a kiss or holding hands, or some sort of physical proof that they are in a "mature relationship.":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's really quite amazing, the culture today, and what young people expect -- no demand of the young royals-- all in the name of "my tax dollars support their lives so I'm entitled to know about and dictate their every step -- and choose/vote on/approve of William and Harry's choices for the "position/job" of bride.":ohmy:

Looking back, Charles and his girlfriends, and his engagement to Diana seem so quaint. Nowadays, no boundaries, no respect for privacy; decorum and discretion are scorned, and Kate Middleton suffers a virtual online lynching for daring to complain that paparazzi have more than once crossed the line in their attempt to satisfy the blood lust desire of "pics!" by "adoring William fans.":rolleyes::rolleyes: Appalling.

Last edited:
Sadly, thanks to the advent of omnipresent reality television, many people think that Prince William and his girlfriend's every step and every breath should be documented..........

Looking back, Charles and his girlfriends, and his engagement to Diana seem so quaint. Nowadays, no boundaries, no respect for privacy; decorum and discretion are scorned, and Kate Middleton suffers a virtual online lynching for daring to complain that paparazzi have more than once crossed the line in their attempt to satisfy the blood lust desire of "pics!" by "adoring William fans.":rolleyes::rolleyes: Appalling.
Very well said! I couldn't agree with you more.:clap: :cheers:

In addition, often if there IS a photo of the couple showing them different from the pre-set immovable mythology of those "fans" there are calls that it must be "photo-shopped".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom