Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 2: December 2007-January 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
while i'm no prude and have nothing against the average person living together out of wedlock, i feel it's completely inappropriate for the future head of the CoE. if the head of the CoE is suppose to uphold all the teachings and doctrine of the church then he should not be living with someone out of wedlock,it's hypocritical. unless of course the CoE condones this kind of living arrangement.

why would you drop £410 for fakes???? if you're going to by fakes why not just buy some little cheapy stuff.

Last edited:
why would you drop £410 for fakes???? if you're going to by fakes why not just buy some little cheapy stuff.

Is it zirconias or zircons? While zirconias are indeed fakes, the zircons are real gems and can look fantastic in a designer setting. It's not diamonds but for 410 pounds you surely get really smart earrings with real zircons in a fine setting. Just what a young man should give his girlfriend, prince or not, while giving her real diamonds would actually resemble payment for services rendered. It has nothing to do IMHO with what he could spent but what he should spent at most.

P.S. Dinny Hall on the homepage speaks of zircons and use of real gems. Zirkonias are used only as :
" Cubic Zirconia (sometimes referred to as Zirconia)
Some Gemstones are manufactured to imitate other Gemstones. The imitations copy the look and colour of the real stone but possess neither their chemical nor physical characteristics. The most widely produced of these is Cubic Zirconia, used both as a colourless and coloured stone to imitate diamond. At Dinny Hall, the only Cubic Zirconia we use is cut by hand to Dinny’s design, and is set with 14K Gold."

Last edited:
Jo is right. Zircon and Cubic Zirconia (CZ) are different. In short, CZ is a synthetic diamond. Zircon is an actual gem, not synthesized. But I guess we cannot know which one Kate has unless we see pictures. Does anyone have pictures of these earrings?

my 2 cents- better small and perfect diamonds than big and fake. maybe its just "stocking stuffer" and we won't know the real present but fake is fake, i'd be mad, women buy their own cz's imo- for a present you better buy me real! maybe Kates the type that wouldn't want to worry about keeping up with "real jewelry" he knows her best, but it looks cheap to me, no matter how much he spent. of course if he knows she'll have access to the royal jewelry box soon it's not an issue.

Ok, I just saw Duncan's story about the earrings. I presume that is Yahoo! India's original source. :lol:

Picture of the earrings? How can The Sun have this picture? Did they find out which ones William bought and they took picture of another pair just like it at the store?
Are these really the ones Kate has? If so, they look CZ to me too.

But my last question is.... is it appropriate for William to buy her real diamonds? I thought real diamonds signify engagement/marriage. I know husbands buy them for wives.... but on/off girlfriends? I'm not sure. I don't know about this one. I leave it to more informed people. ;)

Last edited:
they are cz but what you have all missed out is that there white gold which depending on how many carats it is can be really expensive so that is what has put the cost at so high not the stones

i received various diamond or emerald (birthstone) earrings, necklaces, even a watch once from various serious boyfriends, my mother never had a negative opinion and she was my "mrs manners" if you will. it never entered my mind "being paid" if that was the meaning it went right over my head, but i can't speak for the rules for royalty.

Yeah, like I said, I am virtually clueless about such matters. I have such a sparse clue about what is "appropriate" for these situations. It all seems to vary so much anyway, from one culture to the next, and I get so confused.... :doh:

Ok, I just saw Duncan's story about the earrings. I presume that is Yahoo! India's original source. :lol:

Picture of the earrings? How can The Sun have this picture? Did they find out which ones William bought and they took picture of another pair just like it at the store?
Are these really the ones Kate has? If so, they look CZ to me too.

But my last question is.... is it appropriate for William to buy her real diamonds? I thought real diamonds signify engagement/marriage. I know husbands buy them for wives.... but on/off girlfriends? I'm not sure. I don't know about this one. I leave it to more informed people. ;)

Looks as if a junior officer with a low pay tries to imitate gifts a prince of Wales might give to his girlfriend. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I must say that I don't like these earings. I would never have worn them - they are bingle bangle and inappropriate, IMHO. Kind of what working class girls would wear to the disco in the 70ties. Makes one wonder if the mentioned "female friend" really was a friend of either William or Catherine.

tacky- good question about who's friend -i'd be bummed if a friend of mine picked those out, especially if they knew my taste and usual choice of jewelry. he should have asked the counsel of kates sister, or camilla or laura.
seems like i remember the royals give funny, inexpensive gifts at Xmas, hope kate gets the joke ;) i read Dianas first experience was upsetting, she had bought nice, thought out, expensive gifts and the others gave padded toilet seats and black bath soap, she was hurt no one had told her the "inside joke" (might not be true, can't remember the source- sorry)
i'm sticking with these being a stocking stuffer and not the "real present". i don't know if i would have worn these in my 20's but earrings are personal if you don't know someones taste don't go that route. classy and expensive you can't go wrong. better $500 on an unique, antique brooch than the same amount on earrings everybody and their dog can own- sorry jmo
in my experience with hubby i have to lead by the hand, cut it out of an ad or buy it myself and tell him what he got ;) alto to be fair he really tried but it tended to be imo really for him (sexy undies, tv tables, juicer, i could go on) he honestly doesn't have a clue, when he'd take a friend for advise- he'd never listen to them, sigh what can you say, men....... he had to "learn" now he surprises me with personal stuff he knows i would like- antiques, books, expensive chocolate, to me it really is the thought that counts not the cost or "bigness" it's the effort that touches me not the item itself. (this year we gave each other rewiring the house how romantic is that :ROFLMAO:)
what do our younger members think- would you be happy with these for Xmas from your love (not your aunt, friend, brother) your true love? i'm a brat, i don't care white gold or not i'd be looking around for the real present. it will be interesting watching for them in future photos.

(this year we gave each other rewiring the house how romantic is that :ROFLMAO:)

You're right - that kills romantic evenings and candle light dinners by chance..... Now you'll have to plan it because the electricity of your house won't do the "chancing" for you anymore. How throughly unromantic... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: BTW - congratulations to your renewed comfort! :flowers:

they look like costume jewelry. i'm with bbb....better small and perfect than big and fake...taaaaaccckkkyyyy

so they are supposed to be living together at his palace and he gives her those extremely tacky,fake earrings after 4 years together?????also, he spent just an hour deciding??that is how long it takes to buy for the most important person in your life? lastly he didnt need to take anyone with him, he should know kate well enough after all this time (they even lived together for more than a year) to know what kind of jewellery she likes.
trust me, it seems like this isnt "stock stuffing". its the real gift.just shows to me how he feels about her..lovely.

so they are supposed to be living together at his palace and he gives her those extremely tacky,fake earrings after 4 years together?????also, he spent just an hour deciding??that is how long it takes to buy for the most important person in your life? lastly he didnt need to take anyone with him, he should know kate well enough after all this time (they even lived together for more than a year) to know what kind of jewellery she likes.
trust me, it seems like this isnt "stock stuffing". its the real gift.just shows to me how he feels about her..lovely.

Thats funny I was just thinking the same thing. You would think after 4 or 5 years together and living with the person, you would get a really nice and meaningful gift. If he really knew what he was getting, he should have asked some assistants if they were real diamonds. It is not as if he does not have any millions to spare on his suppose future "wife". I was cracking up when I heard this story, shows how much he loves her. IMO those earrings are pretty.

To All: :merryxmas: and :newyear1:

William is not and never has seemed to be a romantic person.

tacky- good question about who's friend -i'd be bummed if a friend of mine picked those out, especially if they knew my taste and usual choice of jewelry. he should have asked the counsel of kates sister, or camilla or laura........SNIPPED......in my experience with hubby i have to lead by the hand, cut it out of an ad or buy it myself and tell him what he got....SNIPPED.....
i'm sticking with these being a stocking stuffer and not the "real present". i don't know if i would have worn these in my 20's but earrings are personal if you don't know someones taste don't go that route. classy and expensive you can't go wrong. better $500 on an unique, antique brooch than the same amount on earrings everybody and their dog can own- sorry jmo
They are not very expensive as 'main' presents go, so I also think they are a stocking filler. :flowers: When you have everything or can have anything you want, the presents have got to be incredibly personal or 'tat'.
.in my experience with hubby i have to lead by the hand, cut it out of an ad or buy it myself and tell him what he got.
I don't let mine off that easily, After a few hours shopping, I drag him to the shop where I have already arranged my present, but I umm and argh for at least an hour, before I 'guide' him to pick my gift. I know it's time to go in for the kill when I see (in a window) that he is checking his watch for the umpteenth time! :ROFLMAO:

then again...for all we know this could be just another made up story.

Those earrings look like something Edie Sedgwick would wear on a bad day...but I would think he could come up with something more innovative than that since they won't even be together for the holidays. It may be BS...probably is in fact. But like CT said he has never seemed so romantic so in his mind who knows...

IMO that was not THE GIFt. In every relationship that I ever had we always gave an expensive gift and then a few little other ones. They are not expensive earrings so maybe its one of the small gifts. A big gift for them could be anything, doesnt necessarily have to be jewelry. Maybe a trip somewhere or new furniture, etc. Who knows?? I think everything they do and every move they make is blown out of proportion by the media. Just because he is rich doesnt mean he cant buy cheap things or be conservative with his spending either.

IMO that was not THE GIFt. In every relationship that I ever had we always gave an expensive gift and then a few little other ones. They are not expensive earrings so maybe its one of the small gifts. A big gift for them could be anything, doesnt necessarily have to be jewelry. Maybe a trip somewhere or new furniture, etc. Who knows?? I think everything they do and every move they make is blown out of proportion by the media. Just because he is rich doesnt mean he cant buy cheap things or be conservative with his spending either.

well i'm not sure what you consider expensive but the story says he spent £450 on them. :flowers:

This could be just another made up story too, but if it isn't I believe it says a lot about just how long Kate may be around. Staying with Prince William is one thing, she could be here today and gone tomorrow, but redecorating sounds a bit more permanent.

Europe
Prince William’s girlfriend Kate Middleton is planning to redecorate his London residence

Britain’s Prince William’s girlfriend Kate Middleton is planning to redecorate his London residence.

The 25-year-old beauty, who has been staying at Clarence House for the past few months, reportedly wants to make her mark on the property by updating the “old fashioned” paint work and furnishings in her dressing room.

Prince William’s girlfriend Kate Middleton is planning to redecorate his London residence / Online News @ TheCheers

see what happens when they're apart...the press has to come up with silly little snippets like this. for crying out loud could wills and kate spare us this kind of stuff next year and just spend the holidays togethe????

see what happens when they're apart...the press has to come up with silly little snippets like this. for crying out loud could wills and kate spare us this kind of stuff next year and just spend the holidays togethe????
:D
1. Has she spoken to Charles?
2. Who are these mysterious sources
3. Let's not forget the original source - The News of the World! :lol:

Have William and Kate Split again?? I am not sure if It's true... Kate just move in with William into the CH?

National Ledger - Kate Middleton & Prince William Split?

Jennifer Cox from the National Ledger got the article from thisthis is aberdeen - news, entertainment, jobs, homes and cars
I think the aberdeen paper only posted half the article or something since it
looks like a summary of William and Kate's past year together that is missing the beginning paragraph. :rolleyes: I suspect Jennifer doesn't follow William and Kate enough to realize the aberdeen paper screw up .
Or they did split after Kate got those earrings.:D

That sounds just like the article from April.

:D
1. Has she spoken to Charles?
2. Who are these mysterious sources
3. Let's not forget the original source - The News of the World! :lol:

Isn't Camilla now responsible for decorations and the running of the household at CH? I bet she would love the idea if it was true at all...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom