The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 11:13 PM
Nobility

I didn't mean it like that.Sorry

Old 12-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Aristocracy

She doesn't look awful. Why do women have to be painted to look decent? She looks like a real person.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:46 AM
Aristocracy

i was not talking about her non-maked up face....i'm not that stupid to think that because she's a "royal girlfriend" she have to be delightful and " ready for the red carpet"...she is a human being...i mean who on earth is spruce every single day of the year (except victoria beckham ) with high heels, and tout le tralala

i was refering to her clothing..that see-through skirt is just awful imo...and that belt on the sweater.. even in the 80's nobody would have worn that thing....
Old 12-06-2007, 01:03 AM
Gentry

I don't care for her outfit at all, but I figure it was just an unfortunte choice on her part Everyone is entitled to them.

I really don't mind the non-make up look. At least I can recognize her without it. I can't say that about everyone.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:41 AM
Royal Highness

Does anyone know if she coming home from somewhere in that outfit or did she come out of her London home? Why are these photos being taken?
Old 12-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Gentry

I don't see anything wrong with those pictures.

It must be really awful to have people taking your picture everyday. You'd become so self-conscious. Gosh what would happen if your nose itches or if you have a wedgie?? No vacant corners for them! LOL
Old 12-06-2007, 09:50 PM

I also find nothing wrong with Kate in these pictures. Not her best day, but I don't understand the need to scrutinize and analyze every little imperfection. If she indeed went up to the paparazzi to ask them to stop, I find that quite mature and admirable.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:52 PM

I love this picture of Kate. Is this from the photography exhibit?
Old 12-06-2007, 10:09 PM
Royal Highness

Even supermodels don't photograph well from every angle, even with full makeup. Some of the photos appear to have been taken from low angle looking up, which casts even more shadows than a frontal shot.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise View Post
If I'm violating the rules for posting this, I'm sorry. But here is the link to the pictures of her "having a word" with the vultures who hound her everyday. Very candid shots of her sans makeup. At the awful website they attempt to crucify her for wearing what appears to be a see-through skirt. GREAT BIG :ROLLEYES:

Fotobanka isifa image service

Also in these pictures Kate is photographed with an anonymous male, which has those same forked tongues wagging about how it is hoped she has found a new man, which means cheating on William. GREAT BIG :ROLLEYES: I believe this guy is the same friend who was photographed out with Kate and and a group of friends one evening last year, with his arm and his coat around Kate's shoulders. I recognized him almost immediately as a pal of her's. Nothing more.
Thank you for the photo link Luv2Cruise. It looks like Catherine is just starting out for the day and she stopped to take the paparrazzi to task for constantly following her. Good for her!
Old 12-07-2007, 08:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise View Post
If I'm violating the rules for posting this, I'm sorry. But here is the link to the pictures of her "having a word" with the vultures who hound her everyday. Very candid shots of her sans makeup. At the awful website they attempt to crucify her for wearing what appears to be a see-through skirt. GREAT BIG :ROLLEYES:
Wow, isn't she nicely dressed just to go and load the car, I'd be in trousers and a Barbour! I love the outfits in these pictures, the same sort of thing any nice young woman wears. As for the no make-up look, she still looks pretty and puts a lot of so called 'celebs' to shame.
Any skirt can 'appear' see through if you angle the cameara in a certain way.

All in all, top marks to Catherine who has the self confidence to dare to appear in public without full war paint!
Old 12-07-2007, 08:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Wow, isn't she nicely dressed just to go and load the car, I'd be in trousers and a Barbour! I love the outfits in these pictures, the same sort of thing any nice young woman wears. As for the no make-up look, she still looks pretty and puts a lot of so called 'celebs' to shame.
Any skirt can 'appear' see through if you angle the cameara in a certain way.

All in all, top marks to Catherine who has the self confidence to dare to appear in public without full war paint!
Reminds one of Camilla and the way she used to appear in her home village before she became HRH and now has to look accordingly. I am also one of the women who only apply make-up when going out for business purposes. My husband always tells me he hates to kiss a "chemical factory" - there are men who prefer the natural look. (Though I'm not sure William is one of them - unfortunately).

Ah, and welcome back, Skydragon .
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Nobility

Can you imagine not spending Xmas with your BF of 5 years? Time to move on, Kate!
Old 12-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffir View Post
Can you imagine not spending Xmas with your BF of 5 years? Time to move on, Kate!
In a situation like that - yes, I can. And I wish for Catherine that she is able to spend some more Xmases with her parents and siblings before she eventually is reduced to the BRF. But maybe Charles and Camilla one day have different ideas of a family christmas and will accept their son's in-laws or allow their sons to spend Xmas partly with the other family.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Royal Highness

maybe this is the last time she will get to spend xmas with her family???
Old 12-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
maybe this is the last time she will get to spend xmas with her family???
I think that is why she is not going to BRF's Christmas get-to-getters for the last few years. Because she knows when or if she marries into that family she will have to spend the Holidays with them.

I hope Princes Charles and The Duchess will change the rules for relatives of people who marry into the family to attend the Holidays.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Time to move on, Kate!
THANK YOU! I don't love her, but I think she deserves someone better than William. When he breaks up and makes up with her, he is standing in the way of her career, growth, and future, because every time she starts to move on, he shows up. And Im really getting tired of it. So my only hope now is that they get married or he leaves her alone!
Old 12-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Thats is exactly what I was thinking, doesn't she think maybe if she wants to win points in the royal families heart she would at least spend Christmas with his family. IMO, I'm old fashion, but for her to be accepted she has to spend time with his family too, if she wants to spend her life with him. I thought when she was invited by the Queen last year to spend Christmas with them, and denied it, she was stupid. She has all her life to be with hers!

Philip Elmer-Dewitt, in Time Magazine
Old 12-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Gentry

Wills and Kate on skate date and how they might have looked
Wills and Kate on skate date | The Sun |HomePage|News|Royals
All the best Mitchell
Old 12-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR Princess View Post
I thought when she was invited by the Queen last year to spend Christmas with them, and denied it, she was stupid.
But who knows if that is true or not. Other than some rumor printed in a newspaper, there's no proof that she was invited by the Queen for Christmas day last year.

Tags
kate middleton, prince william