Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 1: October-November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is rather unwise on Miss Middleton's part to quit job, even if some favourable developments are underway.

ABSOLUTELY! I agree! It just gives her "what a spoilt girl I am"-image, even if she deserves peace and quiet as we all do.

Having been a royalty watcher, a couple of decades before Diana was on the scene, I have a "feeling"...pure speculation....that we might, just might hear an announcement of Wills and Kate's engagement in a couple of weeks around the 21st of November to coincide with HMTQ's and DOE's celebration.

Kate leaving her job would give her a cushion of time for her to make decisions with the people involved in nuptial plans!!!

I bet they plan a wedding for April!

I bet they don't. They are still very young - if they marry now and (as many couples find out) realize that they are unsuited to each other after a few years, it will be very difficult to undo the whole thing with dignity. I think that the entire royal family realizes that (especially because they went through the whole drama with Diana) and will advise William to marry late.

Going back to the earlier posters who wondered what Diana would have thought, I have always felt that Diana would not have liked some of her son's behavior (drinking, smoking, clubbing, etc.) She was so into clean living, that I think that she would have been appalled by this and told them so. Prince Charles may feel the same, but I don't get the sense that he ever really put his foot down with them. (Diana was supposedly always the stricter parent.) I also think that Diana understood the importance of duty and hard work. I'm not saying that she always made the smartest decisions, but I think that she was truly committed to giving of herself. I think that she would have thought Kate was the typical, indulged, lazy rich girl. And before anyone slams me for "jealousy" of Kate's lifestyle, I DID come from money and it would never have occurred to me (or my parents) that I flit around with part time jobs, constant shopping and endless vacations. Talk about boring! But maybe, truthfully, that's about the level of character that William himself is interested in. It amazes me that an army officer gets so much time off for fancy vacations and nightclubs. (I know several people in the United States armed forces, and I can assure you that they are not indulged with so much free time.) William used to be dubbed the saviour of the monarchy. Unless he shapes up, I think that public opinion of this royal family will start to deteriorate.

I also think that Diana understood the importance of duty and hard work. I'm not saying that she always made the smartest decisions, but I think that she was truly committed to giving of herself. I think that she would have thought Kate was the typical, indulged, lazy rich girl.

I think that the young Diana wasn't that much different from the young Kate - Kate seems to be more self-cofidence and more worldly than Diana, but Diana didn't excel at school, plan a career or do charity work in a big way until she was a young wife. So I suppose she might dislike Kate, for whatever reasons, but could certainly see some similarities to her own youth.

Kate leaving her job would give her a cushion of time for her to make decisions with the people involved in nuptial plans!!!

I bet they plan a wedding for April!

No wedding plan until 2009! This year has the Queen and the Duke's diamond wedding anniversary. Next year has Prince Charles's 60th year old birthday. Definitely no! I don't want Prince William's wedding plan to crush either event. Next year's biggest celebrtition should be focused on dearest Prince Charles!

That would be horrible. I would lose my respect for William to be so stupid and for the Queen to approve the marriage.

The Queen doesn't need to approve at this point...he's old enough to make his own decisions...

Sometimes I think Kate will be left high and dry in the end, but I think the reality is that she is for sure the #1 candidate to be future queen...whether people like it or not.

It would be Stupid for William to marry Kate and for QEII To Consent.. well alright I Respectfully disagree. :)

(Diana was supposedly always the stricter parent.) .

I never read that! :eek: Diana was very keen on children feeling affirmed and loved. When William's first nanny was fired, apparently it was on the insistence of Charles and the Queen because they got concerned that whenever William misbehaved, the nanny would just give him a hug. Later the nanny complained that when she tried to discipline the boys, Diana would override her and let the boys do what they wanted. Who knows what to believe but even her bodyguard who saw her with her children a lot never said she was a particularly strict parent.

But I don't think Charles was that strict either, and given his upbringing by Prince Philip, that is understandable but I think with two parents who were more relaxed than strict the boys were used to doing what they wanted.

The Queen doesn't need to approve at this point...he's old enough to make his own decisions...

Sometimes I think Kate will be left high and dry in the end, but I think the reality is that she is for sure the #1 candidate to be future queen...whether people like it or not.

No offense, but you live in the U.S., of course you feel that way...but some people who moves or lives in the U.K., like me, should considers to think about the future monarchs who will be responsible for Great Britain. I study European history, there was so many ill decisions by Kings and Queens, which caused them to be removed or exiled. Thats just my opinion.

I never read that! :eek: Diana was very keen on children feeling affirmed and loved. When William's first nanny was fired, apparently it was on the insistence of Charles and the Queen because they got concerned that whenever William misbehaved, the nanny would just give him a hug. Later the nanny complained that when she tried to discipline the boys, Diana would override her and let the boys do what they wanted. Who knows what to believe but even her bodyguard who saw her with her children a lot never said she was a particularly strict parent.

But I don't think Charles was that strict either, and given his upbringing by Prince Philip, that is understandable but I think with two parents who were more relaxed than strict the boys were used to doing what they wanted.

I always had similar impressions based on my readings into the Waleses' domestic lifestyle. Furthermore, I've encountered in readings the suggestion that when Charles and Diana separated they engaged in competition for the boys' love: If Diana took them on a cool vacation to the US, Charles bought them soccer posts. Or if Charles bought them each a new horse, Diana bought them Go Carts or something. Maybe it's not true or entirely true, but it supports the idea of the "boys" as over-indulged. Everyone seems to think that they are, and I am thinking that I agree, based on their present-day behavior. :neutral:

No offense, but you live in the U.S., of course you feel that way...but some people who moves or lives in the U.K., like me, should considers to think about the future monarchs who will be responsible for Great Britain. I study European history, there was so many ill decisions by Kings and Queens, which caused them to be removed or exiled. Thats just my opinion.
In this situation, Miss Middleton is likely to be "sacrificed", if the public opinion turns out to be extremely negative. It is not late to do so.

Well I really don't think the public should have any say on who their royalty marries...that's ridiculous and these are modern times not ancient. I mean there are plenty of people who can't stand Camilla either...but she's still there...and her reputation is certainly not something to be proud of. But there she stands...she made it. That's just my opinion...whether I'm from the US or not...it is what it is...reality.

I mean there are plenty of people who can't stand Camilla either...but she's still there...

She's hardly hated by a rabid majority, though.

Any politician would clamor for the relatively low level of spite towards her, at least.

True, wbenson! I bet President Bush would trade spots with Camilla in a heartbeat.... of course largely put himself in his position,but all the same, I doubt he likes where his actions have put him, and Camilla is next door to canonization compared to him.... :rolleyes:

Well I really don't think the public should have any say on who their royalty marries...that's ridiculous and these are modern times not ancient. I mean there are plenty of people who can't stand Camilla either...but she's still there...and her reputation is certainly not something to be proud of. But there she stands...she made it. That's just my opinion...whether I'm from the US or not...it is what it is...reality.

See no one didn't like Camilla because of her reputation in the past, but the people grew to like her because of her new role as a Duchess, participating in organizations and charities...she also made Prince Charles happy. When you are political, it is important to see who marries who when it comes to royalty. See in some countries, including the U.S. that have Presidents they are elected on their role in making the country well for a certain time, but for the future Queen or King, whom ever they marry is important, for they are in control for the rest of their life or abdicated; mostly likely is "rest of their life". That is why its important for William to make a good choice, because he is the Future of U.K.

See no one didn't like Camilla because of her reputation in the past, but the people grew to like her because of her new role as a Duchess, participating in organizations and charities...she also made Prince Charles happy. When you are political, it is important to see who marries who when it comes to royalty. See in some countries, including the U.S. that have Presidents they are elected on their role in making the country well for a certain time, but for the future Queen or King, whom ever they marry is important, for they are in control for the rest of their life or abdicated; mostly likely is "rest of their life". That is why its important for William to make a good choice, because he is the Future of U.K.

I see your point but I also think Kate is the biggest possibility...her popularity is actually very good at this point and she has a level of mystery to help. I know we were discussing a tide turning in the press but it wasn't so bad...I mean nothing like Camilla has got over the years.

I mean it's the same with Chlesy too...people think she's too trashy but you know...they're going to make their own choices. Despite public opinion and the Queen's opinion, I think. And it doesn't seem like HM is as opinionated on these issues as her mother was...plenty of books say she doesn't really confront on these specific issues.

I see your point but I also think Kate is the biggest possibility...her popularity is actually very good at this point and she has a level of mystery to help. I know we were discussing a tide turning in the press but it wasn't so bad...I mean nothing like Camilla has got over the years.

I mean it's the same with Chlesy too...people think she's too trashy but you know...they're going to make their own choices. Despite public opinion and the Queen's opinion, I think. And it doesn't seem like HM is as opinionated on these issues as her mother was...plenty of books say she doesn't really confront on these specific issues.

I don't think Chelsy is too trashy, she just too young she is only 22. As for Kate in the goods with media, I have to disagree, she had a good image in the beginning, but now wow. Its like she had "Oh I'm so nice and sweet, who does nothing wrong" kind of mask, but before her breakup she looks a little like Britney to me...excluding the rehab and the messy look.:lol:

I seriously don't think Chelsy has a better image with the press than Kate.

I think the press try to potray Chelsy just like Sarah Ferguson and Kate to Diana, but, drag too long with no news in hand currently. So the good suddenly become the worst. But its normal for them to prefer the heir's partner than the spare's partner...:ermm:

I think that the young Diana wasn't that much different from the young Kate - Kate seems to be more self-cofidence and more worldly than Diana, but Diana didn't excel at school, plan a career or do charity work in a big way until she was a young wife. So I suppose she might dislike Kate, for whatever reasons, but could certainly see some similarities to her own youth.

At least Diana was nominally employed until she was engaged to the Prince of Wales.

Why does it seem Diana even now is always an issue Yes she was a great lady But she had her flaws. Leave Diana out of it and let Katherine Pursue (God Willing ) an Eternal Love with no Blemishes

At least Diana was nominally employed until she was engaged to the Prince of Wales.

I don't think Kate Middleton worked at Jigsaw without getting paid, so she was employed there and I'm sure she's not just going to polish her nails and wait for William to propose in the future - even if she'd like to, I think she's too clever for that.

Diana just took whatever jobs she could do from the time she was 16,17 and left that finishing school in Switzerland after just a few weeks. She didn't even pass the O level/GCSE. Diana worked as a ballet teacher's assistance for a very short time but then broke her leg skiing so she had to do whatever, cleaning jobs or assisting kindergarten teachers. Diana failed at school so she took jobs to fill time until she married a nice chap with a solid bank account, and preferably from her parents' perspective, a fancy title.

But about Kate...... since we're onto comparison..... let's see, whizzed through A Levels (though some say they've become ridiculously easy, right?) :D, gained a place at St Andrews, completed an honours dissertation in art history, tried to get a job in London with an art gallery, tried to start a clothing business, took a buyer job with Jigsaw instead.... tried to do a charity event. Hmm........ how is young Lady Diana or Kate "better" than the other one?

They seem like normal women to me. Just trying to figure out their place in life.... in their own ways! Enough with the comparisons....

Last edited:
what a blinder a certain Miss Middleton played while they were "separated" there should be a book on how to re-catch your prince it would read something like this:-
Rules
1) do not appear upset in the public in fact put on the appearance that ending the relationship was actually a relief
2) smile for the cameras it might be the only free publicity i will ever get again in my life - MILK IT!! (Not only good for me but also the company i work - check sales figures for Jigsaw did they rise while Kate worked there)
3) go out clubbing every night of the week and make sure i get my photo taken a some point
4) change your wardrobe to suit your age - wear the lowest cut tops without looking like you are about to get on page 3 but yet still low enough to catch the attention of the press
5) dramtically raise the hemline of your skirt
6) do not sell your story to any paper
7) keep using william's friends to get into all the right and happening places
8) BE SEEN TO ENJOY YOURSELF - flirt with everyone
9) make a double act with your sister who happens to have also recently split uip with her boyfriend
AND FINALLY
be prepared for the call from william saying he has made a mistake and realises that he is nothing without you - deliberate for a few seconds and then run back to his side

It also helps to have Charles and Camilla on your side.

That post from PrincessOfEurope is actually very good. Even though I don't entirely agree with the context, I am sure that some of these things are true to a certain extent. It is a highly entertaining post. I enjoyed it. :D

I seriously doubt that Camilla is wasting too much time thinking about Kate.

You are probably right, ysbel. Duchess of Cornwall has got her own issues to attend to.

I don't think Kate Middleton worked at Jigsaw without getting paid, so she was employed there and I'm sure she's not just going to polish her nails and wait for William to propose in the future - even if she'd like to, I think she's too clever for that.

According to her former co-workers at Jigsaw (see the Daily Mail article), she was uncommitted to a job which had been designed for her to essentially be available for William. I think she is doing exactly what you said above, she is waiting for William to propose.

I agree she is indeed a bright and well educated woman and it is a shame that the increasing public perception of her is one of a self-absorbed rich girl. If she and William do have an understanding, which I think they do, she should use her cleverness to initiate a public persona which will be worthy of a future queen of England.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom