Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 1: October-November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is that this job at Jigsaw was never serious or something like a career as people in this business - wasn't she supposed to be a buyer? - or in most other businesses don't have as many vacation days or go clubbing until early hours at least twice a week.

I still am able to recall the times when I was a young journalist, having just finished university and the training as an editor of TV and radio and goodness me! was I able to party, while I worked some days 16 hours in editor's shifts as news editor.... And the days of vacation depended on your contract - if you were willing to work for less money, you had more days off - that apart from spending days off in return for over-time work. I travel extensively at that time, even lived for two month in London even though I was officially employed as an editor! It's all up to your individual contract.

As Catherine worked as an "assistant buyer" she surely had more possibilities to be flexiable than her boss, the real "buyer".

My point again: we don't know enough about her circumstances to be so harsh on her. If she embarks now on a career as an independant artist, it's up to her parents to fund her life till she earns enough to do it herself. But for an artist, it's normal to seek the inspirations anywhere he/she might feel it's proper. Just as an example: Vincent van Gogh never sold a painting during his lifetime and lived off his family's money. He went occassionally (before he became ill) to parties and enjoyed the social life of Amsterdam. Now- did that prevent him from being a great artist? IMHO not!

instead of just becoming a mother or a housewife.

you don't feel that being a stay-at-home mother is important? i feel it's extremely important because how a child develops, totally and completely starts at home with the parents. as for getting a university degree...it's wonderful if that's what you want to do but it's not the be all and end all. there are lots of people in this world with degrees up the wazoo and aren't able to find work in they're chosen profession or realize that they don't want to work in that profession. catherine is no different than these people.

Before she left Kate spent 95% of her time with clubbing, shopping, going on vacation and after she's back to 100%, not much of a difference for her usual lifestyle anyway.

well it was only a part time job - Monday to Thursday - these hours are sweet considering she was supposedly a buyer. my guess is that the media made more of the position than it actually was. i've worked in retail for years both at the store level and the administrative level and i can tell you that buyer's don't work part time. she was more likely an assistant doing mostly the administrative side of the job. and it's also pretty likely that the company made big allowances for her knowing that she would travelling with william so she could take time if needed, even if it was only for a vacation.

My, why does noone cry out that being "genealogist for the Daily Express" is something like the job Catherine had at Jigsaw? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

thanks for the link Jo! family history is always interesting but this is quite a stretch. 13 generations is a long way from being able to consider yourself royalty. my own family can trace it's geneolgy to swedish royalty but i don't think that i can say that makes me aristorcratic. :flowers:

As Catherine worked as an "assistant buyer" she surely had more possibilities to be flexiable than her boss, the real "buyer".

Lucky her she did not get me as her boss :D, my former assistants wouldn't have chances to do that...:devil:

Duchess said:
she was more likely an assistant doing mostly the administrative side of the job
yeah...me think of that way too. When come to filing or photocopy, we wait the part timer or intern student to do the job.. that's normal!! :rolleyes:

So now the Daily Express genealogist claims the Middletons are distant cousins of the Hogwarts family? Ironic that Pippa shares or did share whilst at Edinburgh Uni a flat with, among others, the Hogwarty heir. :snape::tonks:

There's actually a Hogwarts family?!...LMAO

I really find comments such as 'just a mother' rather demeaning to people who have taken on full time the extremely vital role of raising their children.

I have known many women who also set out to have a career and fit the children in around that career. Amazingly when the child arrived they found it difficult to return to work, and in some cases, chose to stay at home to raise their child/ren. They don't see this as being 'just a mother' but as a worthwhile job that should be done with love and pride and shouldn't be derided by others in society. I currently teach with three women who have just had their second child (within the last year) and each is deciding to return to teaching for only two days a week next year in order to spend more time with their children and all three are planning another child in the next year or so and won't be returning to work at all after that until the last child finishes primary school. I wouldn't for a moment suggest that these three ladies are doing anything less than a valuable job for the community.

My point was not for the mothers, is for independent women who have careers and are in no string of marriage or having children, can have jobs instead of relying on a man to do so. However, I completely understand what you mean, I go to school and have friends who have a family and children, and are going back to school to finish or continue their education. Even my best friend who is now pregnant. :)

I as a women I feel that "Kate" should just take things seriously in working, because if she is going to be a "Princess" or "future Queen" she should realize there is no more clubbing every night, just working hours to help the future of Great Britain. I mean if she has the gust to talk about fears as the future wife of Prince William, she should start working on it now.

New article in Hello about Kate Middleton's royal heritage:

Kate's own royal heritage is revealed by genealogist

Is this information supposed to seal her suitability as a "royal" bride?

Hmmm.:frazzled:

So your telling me that Kate is an aristocratic decent...even though I don't like her, that kills that a Middle class girl can actual be a princess of England, at least. Its just Sophie, Countess of Wessex, who can prove that theory. :cry:

I was actually looking it up, to see if there's and actual Hogwarts family. No surprise everything said Harry Potter! I was just curious.:lol:

How do you know that? Do you work at Jigsaw? Did you do the work she was payed for? I wonder why these IMHO unproven assertions turn up again and again, only because the girl didn't work behind a counter at Boot's where anyone could stare at her. I recall several pics of her driving to and from work. What do you imagine she did there? Staring out of the window while the paint on her nails was drying? Come on!

Well actually Duke of Marmalade has a point...here is a website talking about Kate's feelings leaving her job. As result, in the article said she only worked there "three-day a week job at Jigsaw," giving
her time with clubbing, shopping, going on vacation and after she's back to 100%, not much of a difference for her usual lifestyle anyway.

Kate Middleton seriously thinking about career in photography

I was actually looking it up, to see if there's and actual Hogwarts family. No surprise everything said Harry Potter! I was just curious.:lol:

LOL...I know...all I could think was Harry Potter.

I have general question: do you guys think the popular perception of Kate Middleton has altered significantly since the supposed break up earlier this year?

I feel like I used to see more stories about her as the quiet, smart, dignified girl who influenced William to avoid the drunken excess sometimes displayed by Harry.

Now I feel like I see more stories depicting her as a social climber/gold digger who doesnt do anything with her life.

Is it just me who has noticed this or have you seen it too? if so, what caused the change?

They should get back 2gether,
they make a really cute couple,

all the best 2 them.

It might be kind of "cool" that Kate has some royal blood, but it's farther than 16 generations ago, so it's not really that much of a claim or find. The homeless man on the street corner could have 16 generations of royal blood, but he's still not royalty.

I have general question: do you guys think the popular perception of Kate Middleton has altered significantly since the supposed break up earlier this year?

I feel like I used to see more stories about her as the quiet, smart, dignified girl who influenced William to avoid the drunken excess sometimes displayed by Harry.

Now I feel like I see more stories depicting her as a social climber/gold digger who doesnt do anything with her life.

Is it just me who has noticed this or have you seen it too? if so, what caused the change?

Yeah there seems to be a more negative reaction to her now...even the NY papers are displaying a more manipulative side...

Cant they just be Happy for her and wish them the best They Deserve a Happy Life Together if they so wish it.

:lol: Yeah, the people who own the Hogwarts castle -- I forgot the real name for it, but it's the one used for the movies -- are the family of the Dukes of Northumberland, the Percys. :cool:

That is true, her image has changed a lot, but see it is up to her to change that image for the good. If I was in her position, I would find was to sneak into clubs instead of walking in the front door or not even stop going to clubs and enjoy life in other ways, going to clubs is not the only thing to enjoy life. I know some of the clubs she goes to have V.I.P's. As for the gold digging, now that I live in London, I've heard even more stories about Kate, that are not even in the newspaper...and they are juicy.

:lol: Yeah, the people who own the Hogwarts castle -- I forgot the real name for it, but it's the one used for the movies -- are the family of the Dukes of Northumberland, the Percys. :cool:

Now I remember.... I think the actual name of the Percys' castle is Alnwick.

Anyway, On Topic again, I believe Kate's media image began to go downward with a certain Daily Mail article. If memory serves, it came out in March or April this year, and it was the first, again if memory serves properly, to allege that Kate was manipulating her image. I remember it because of a strong impression I had that it was a first time the media was drastically negative about her. I don't remember any previous negative press from that particular paper. They were always so positive, and all of a sudden, this one articles comes out just slamming/flattening her. I was shocked. It was a total 360 from the Daily Mail.

Something you need to keep in mind with regard to the British press; they love to denigrate. That applies to Royals as much as Joe Nobody. They display the worst sort of hypocrisy and cynicism and don't give a damn so long as it shifts print.

I agree with the comments that Harry would appear to be the more assured of the two Princes. But I attribute that to the fact that there's no pressure on him. Much like Princess Margaret and the Queen. Being the younger sib must come as a great relief sometimes in Royal Circles.

As for William and Ms Kate, I think she's here for a good time. Not a long time. As the song goes. And fair enough. Prince Charles had his fair of girlfriends before marrying. Why shouldn't his sons do the same.

i totally agree that the british press changes their direction like the wind. stories go along for ages telling how wonderful they are and then when they can't sell anymore papers they change lanes and start the negative storylines. i don't think catherine's image has changed at all. she's still the same discreet, well dressed woman that she was prior to the "break up" but that was getting boring so they had to change direction.

i totally agree that the british press changes their direction like the wind. stories go along for ages telling how wonderful they are and then when they can't sell anymore papers they change lanes and start the negative storylines. i don't think catherine's image has changed at all. she's still the same discreet, well dressed woman that she was prior to the "break up" but that was getting boring so they had to change direction.

And somehow she and William "cheated" on the press - they "split" and let that leak and only some mere months afterwards she is seen hunting with the Prince of Wales. No wonder she gets the receipt for that now.

If anyone is shrewd with regard to the media, its the Royals. They've had to be for some time now.

The public does NOT have the right to know everything. Whats more, we don't want to. The ordinary citizen would never tolerate, nor be expected, to tolerate the kind of intrusion into their lives that public figures do.

If one of them engages in a bit of cat and mouse and gets away with it, power to them.

If anyone is shrewd with regard to the media, its the Royals. They've had to be for some time now.

The public does NOT have the right to know everything. Whats more, we don't want to. The ordinary citizen would never tolerate, nor be expected, to tolerate the kind of intrusion into their lives that public figures do.

If one of them engages in a bit of cat and mouse and gets away with it, power to them.

You're right, of course, but I doubt that the media sees it that way...

Personally I think the press are merely picking up on the public opinion of Kate.

These articles merely eflect the opinions or views of a large proportion of people out there.

The public does NOT have the right to know everything. ...

I agree that the public does not/should not know everything about the Royal family.
However, the way in which they handle the media has been anything BUT shrewd, imo. More like a disaster!
The Royal Family and/or their advisors are well behind the times when it comes to media relations. They might not be perceived as a never ending soap opera, if they handled their publicity better.

Actually I think the royals are completely media stupid for the most part...I don't see them as shrewd at all. Diana was...and that's about it.

I think Kate is defintiely shrewd as well...she's on her way to knowing exactly what to do. To really have a handle on the press...you have to like it and understand public opinion....and most of the royals don't.

I think Catherine is in a very unfortunate situation - even if she and William have an agreement there is nothing officially to point to it, establishing her position in society or the media. She is nothing but a female acquaintance of the prince, not even proven to be his lover at the moment.

And the times are over where the lover of a Royal prince like Mrs. Jordan (not officially the wife of the Duke of Clarence, later king William IV.) was so accepted that the king created her children "Lord" and "Lady" Firstname Fitzclarence - children that were treated as relatives by king George IV., queen Victoria and Edward VII.. They could marry into the most prestigious families of Britain: the Spencer Churchills (Dukes and Earls), the Kennedy of Ailsa (Marquesses), the Boyle of Glasgow (Earls) or the Hay of Erroll (Earls). That's what Royal blood once meant, even if it was illegitimate. But today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom