The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 12:06 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR Princess View Post
Let say they do get engage how will anyone feel the rolw Kate will paly as a Future Queen of England?
I don't really think about it much because even if she does marry Wills, it will be a long time until she is Queen; Wills has two people ahead of him on the throne: The Queen and Charles.

All this talk about Kate being a future Queen reminds me of when Diana first came on the scene and everybody was falling over themselves to kiss the hand of their future Queen. It didn't turn out that way and with Kate and William, even if they do go married, have a long wait until they are King and Queen.

That is not to say that Kate's character is unimportant but I trust that the Royal Family is better informed on her character than we, who are at the mercy of the tabloid press for any news of Kate, are.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 10-14-2007, 03:18 AM
Commoner

Quote:
You've seen a pictures of Kate Middleton having met the HM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
Yes in the book After Diana
Actually, they have never met and the picture in that book is a fake!
The picture is originally from 2005 and of Bill Gates recieving his Knighthood from the Queen, with his wife looking on. The book photo cuts out Gates and photoshops Kates head on his wife! Disgusting that so-called royal authors and British tabloids do stuff like this.
Google 'bill gates knighthood pics' to see the real pic, if you don't believe it.

Even the 'Kate Middleton and Prince Charles go hunting' story looks to be very misleading; if all the pics of this are shown in sequence it looks more like Kate was going to a shooting lesson and ran into Charles who was out for a walk and continues on after exchanging greetings. Nothing more than that!

Old 10-14-2007, 05:58 AM
Royal Highness

Deer hunter: Middleton under fire for going shooting with Royals

Kate Middleton takes aim as she goes deer shooting with the Royals for the first time.

Deer hunter: Middleton under fire for going shooting with Royals | the Daily Mail
Old 10-14-2007, 06:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Kate Middleton trains to shoot deer | News | News of the World

Kate Middleton shooting deer

Kate Middleton and Prince Charles go hunting - Telegraph
Old 10-14-2007, 06:16 AM
Royal Highness

Globe Magazine

According to this week's Globe , The Queen is skipping over Charles (which ticked off Camilla) and is going to hand over the throne to William (in the very near future), but William is going to reject it. Kate would rather end their relationship than marry William/be hunted like Diana/be Queen, so William is going to pull a Duke of Windsor and give up his claim to the throne for her .

Gotta love the Globe!
Old 10-14-2007, 07:52 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks. I needed a good laugh this morning!
Old 10-14-2007, 10:04 AM
Nobility

I have read so many times how Kate being pictured with Charles is a big step and all that but haven't they been pictured together before...maybe on the ski trip?

I hate seeing those pictures of Kate, I have always hoped that William and Harry would marry modern brides, not those who take part in such barbaric acts.

I know many people do deer hunts and all but it just seems so old-fashioned, I had always hoped for a more modern woman in the Royal family who blazed her own route and went against the establishment.

Probably was never going to happen but I always had hope.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:23 AM

The hunting is such a big part of the Balmoral and Birkhall culture. I guess Kate is essentially a very sporty woman like her beau, and she probably likes dressing up in Wellington boots and walking through this gorgeous estate with the ghillies. Who wouldn't? I could never shoot a deer, unless (big maybe) if I knew the deer was injured. But at the same time, I do eat (some) meats, and I don't begrude the royal family at all for these sports, because they do eat (and also share with the entire estate) everything they kill. They do not do any of these things for commercial profit, and that is a big plus for me. I think shooting for commercial profit is WRONG, but the royal family do not do that. They shoot things and eat them, and they follow the rules, by shooting within the seasons. Personally, I'm not a hunter, but as long as the rules are respected and people only do it for private pleasure, it does not upset me. The deer on the Balmoral estate live a good life, endless hills and woods in which to roam and be free.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmieLou View Post
I had always hoped for a more modern woman in the Royal family who blazed her own route and went against the establishment.

Probably was never going to happen but I always had hope.
It did happen and with disastrous consequences, hence why anyone who wants the British monarchy to survive should re-evaluate this idea of someone going against the establishment. The monarchy is very much a part of the establishment, if not THE part and so it'd be a case of Kate doing something smelly on her own doorstep if she one day married into the family. When people say 'the establishment' I think they only think of it being the Church or the Government etc but it's so much more and it does include the Royal Family as well as politicians, the civil service etc. Also, I don't see how one can have a modern woman in an institution that is based on archaic ways and traditions. Surely that once again creates division within the Royal Family with those trying to be modern and those left behind. But then if they really wanted to be modern, they'd end the undemocratic institution they revel in.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmieLou View Post
I know many people do deer hunts and all but it just seems so old-fashioned, I had always hoped for a more modern woman in the Royal family who blazed her own route and went against the establishment.
The Windsors need someone that can fit into their life; not someone who goes against the establishment.

The monarchy is at its heart a very conservative institution. It needs brides who can support into the institution as it is - not a young girl who says that the whole thing is archaic and worthless and then marries into the institution just to do her own thing and tear it down.

Blazing her own path is what Diana did and her campaign against the Royal Family almost killed the monarchy.

Before Diana I would have said that the monarchy needs an independent bride but after Diana and Fergie I think they need to go back to brides that are willing to tow the royal line; at least at first.

The Queen Mother towed the royal line as Duchess of York and was ever supportive of the powers in place at the time. It was only when she was Queen that she brought out changes in the monarchy and those were with the full support of her husband.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 10-14-2007, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
The Queen Mother towed the royal line as Duchess of York and was ever supportive of the powers in place at the time. It was only when she was Queen that she brought out changes in the monarchy and those were with the full support of her husband.
It's actually an interesting point. I think the changes initiated by the late Queen Elizabeth were perhaps appropriate for the times and ultimately made the monarchy stronger and better. I think in a similar way The Duke of Edinburgh treaded very cautiously in the beginning. As he became more rooted into the 'Establishment' he sought ways to make improvements.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:27 PM
Serene Highness

i might be mistaken but didn't diana "love balmoral" until after the marriage. the first photos of her were in "wellies" and hunting clothes. i think it's good if Kate is going to marry wills they share interest (in this case killing stuff-another thread for those thoughts) and she fits in with the family.
that globe headline was a good laugh this morning do people really pay for this birdcage liner?
Old 10-14-2007, 12:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GovGen View Post
Actually, they have never met and the picture in that book is a fake!
The picture is originally from 2005 and of Bill Gates recieving his Knighthood from the Queen, with his wife looking on. The book photo cuts out Gates and photoshops Kates head on his wife! Disgusting that so-called royal authors and British tabloids do stuff like this.
Google 'bill gates knighthood pics' to see the real pic, if you don't believe it.

Even the 'Kate Middleton and Prince Charles go hunting' story looks to be very misleading; if all the pics of this are shown in sequence it looks more like Kate was going to a shooting lesson and ran into Charles who was out for a walk and continues on after exchanging greetings. Nothing more than that!
...I don't think so...
Old 10-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Courtier

They are on a "private" estate, and the media gets all these pictures of camera shy Kate in full makeup and earrings ?????
Old 10-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
They are on a "private" estate, and the media gets all these pictures of camera shy Kate in full makeup and earrings ?????
Well...no one said Kate wasn't media saavy LOL. She looked just as polished in the rowing event thing that she dropped out of...
Old 10-14-2007, 01:06 PM

Well, media savvy and photoshopped pics aside, I believe that Kate has met Prince Charles. Given that Chelsy Davy has been in public with Prince Charles, I can't imagine Kate has not met him too, and it seems reasonable to expect that she has met him multiple times. There might not be much genuine photo evidence, but how can it not be so that they have met? I would be more surprised to learn they have not met many times than to learn otherwise.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Well, media savvy and photoshopped pics aside, I believe that Kate has met Prince Charles. Given that Chelsy Davy has been in public with Prince Charles, I can't imagine Kate has not met him too, and it seems reasonable to expect that she has met him multiple times. There might not be much genuine photo evidence, but how can it not be so that they have met? I would be more surprised to learn they have not met many times than to learn otherwise.
I'm sure she has met with all of his family quite often...but it's probably a sign of how serious they are becoming if she is now being photographed publicly with his father on her own.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:41 PM
Commoner

She has definitely met Charles before. Think she was in the Royal Box for the big horse race one year (the one with everyone in hats).

It is too bad that the RF wants to remain as the old-fashioned establishement with the direct heirs choosing conservative women as wives. In todays modern times with high technology, instant communication, etc., the RF seems to continue in their old ways and a lot of ridicule towards this institution is because of that. I don't see the British monarchy lasting long beyond HM unless they change from these Victorian times they project. Charles seems to be lost in his own ways and commands very little respect. And unfortunately, it is looking like William won't be the saviour he has been touted to be.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:58 PM

But the whole point of the monarchy is that it's old fashioned and conservative. I don't get why people are suprised at that.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
LOL First Miss Middleton makes sure that she looks good on paparazzi pics before complaining that she was caught on camera on a private occasion Same business as usual.

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, prince william