The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

We're monitoring this thread to see how many current events William and Kate are actually having. So far there's been one sighting coming out of a club which isn't a lot. There may be more down the line, then of course we will re-evaluate.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 10-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've moved some posts to the Duties and Roles of the Princes thread and some to the Harry/Wills and the Press thread. Some of the posts weren't specific to just one topic (the Princes' duties, their relationship with the press, and current events of William and Kate), so the threads are a bit messy at the moment. If you could choose the appropriate thread for further comments, with luck things will settle down a bit and the threads will get back on course.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator

Old 10-12-2007, 07:51 AM

Wills and Kate take a break at Balmoral, says Andrew Pierce
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...2/nkate112.xml
Old 10-12-2007, 08:19 AM
Serene Highness

this weekend is the meeting between the queen and Kate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 10-12-2007, 08:23 AM

How do we know this?
Old 10-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Beatrixfan, the Telegraph reports it, and why, even the Daily Mail reports it. And everyone knows they are the most credible newspapers in England.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
Beatrixfan, the Telegraph reports it, and why, even the Daily Mail reports it. And everyone knows they are the most credible newspapers in England.
Doesn't the Telegraph article say that the queen is not at Balmoral but at Windsor Castle?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Wills and Kate take a break at Balmoral, says Andrew Pierce
William and Kate take a break at Balmoral - Telegraph
What about supporting the English Rugby team in France instead? It's a shame nobody from the BRF shows up Seems that reaching the semifinals is not important enough to interrupt a private schedule.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Doesn't the Telegraph article say that the queen is not at Balmoral but at Windsor Castle?
Yes, it says the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh are now at Windsor for the weekend. It also says HM and HRH have not met Kate yet, which is contradictory (and perhaps correctly so, who knows, I don't) to other (maybe less credible) reports. So it's interesting. Pierce says here quite unmistakably that Kate has not met The Queen yet, while other reports from the tabloids have said otherwise. I won't make a judgement here. I don't know what is true, and frankly, I am indifferent to this point. However, it's interesting, the contradiction of it.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Right you are Jo.
I'm afraid I was being slightly sarcastic and without proper smilies, it's a bit hard to do so without the appropirate smilies.
Mind, I think I was a bit unfair towards Telegraph too: it's not nearly as unreliable as the Daily Mail.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-12-2007, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
What about supporting the English Rugby team in France instead? It's a shame nobody from the BRF shows up Seems that reaching the semifinals is not important enough to interrupt a private schedule.
Well, the Princess Royal attended one of Scotland's games, as patron of Scottish Rugby Union. I doubt Prince William would go to an English rugby match, because he might be criticized, seeing what happened the last time he was seen to support England over Wales.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Well, the Princess Royal attended one of Scotland's games, as patron of Scottish Rugby Union. I doubt Prince William would go to an English rugby match, because he might be criticized, seeing what happened the last time he was seen to support England over Wales.
Well he goes to the english football cup final and besides, England is the last remaining nation of Great Britain in the competition. I doubt they will become world champion but if they do I bet the royals will queue up to attend the honor ceremony a few days later.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:58 AM

So, William and Kate are going to Balmoral and the Queen is staying at Windsor? Wow, the relationship's really blossoming isn't it?
Old 10-12-2007, 10:03 AM

Funny sarcasm, Sam, and good point. I like to think it is blossoming, though! My romantic heart!

Duke of Marmalade, you might be right. It's true that by supporting England here can't be seen (reasonably) as a controversy since Wales is not in the running. I wasn't really thinking of it. But all the same, maybe William just wants to get away from things for now. He can watch the match, in any case, on TV, in his pajamas, and a spokesperson can issue a statement of support.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

[quote=CasiraghiTrio;678953]
Quote:
Funny sarcasm, Sam, and good point. I like to think it is blossoming, though! My romantic heart!
dito

Quote:
But all the same, maybe William just wants to get away from things for now. He can watch the match, in any case, on TV, in his pajamas, and a spokesperson can issue a statement of support.
Yeah those hard working royals ... why making an effort. It's a shame nobody shows up especially as William has done similar events in the past.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Guys we are again speculating of all things regarding Kate, otherwise we see some photos we cannot know anything regarding this couple!!!!! Everything is pure speculation in my opinion and we are at a guessing time!!!
Old 10-12-2007, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Guys we are again speculating of all things regarding Kate, otherwise we see some photos we cannot know anything regarding this couple!!!!! Everything is pure speculation in my opinion and we are at a guessing time!!!

So what is wrong with speculation, huh? I mean, I understand it's a credible forum, so we should speculate intelligently and have some substantial backings, i.e. article sources. But that we do have.... Others are writing these things, and we comment on them, and we have hopes. What's wrong with that?
Old 10-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
So, William and Kate are going to Balmoral and the Queen is staying at Windsor? Wow, the relationship's really blossoming isn't it?
Well, Joachim and Marie went to Turkey while the Danish queen holidayed at Caix and still there is an engagement to celebrate. Maybe William wants to propose in the circumstances they enjoyed while still being at university and freshly in love?

No, I personally don't think so, but we should remember how many members here were sure that Joachim said Adieu to Marie when they split up because she blabbed too much to the press when in truth it was Marie who said she was not sure if she could cope with life as a princess of Denmark and needed somet ime and space. Joachim described himself as "waiting" the whole time till she made up her mind to take him on.

So it could equally have been Catherine who told William that all was too much for her and she needed more time and space to consider their relationship while William was/is waiting.... And now they're back on.
One should never forget that William and Joachim are cousins ans obviously share their taste in the "type" of girl they date....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
No, I personally don't think so, but we should remember how many members here were sure that Joachim said Adieu to Marie when they split up because she blabbed too much to the press when in truth it was Marie who said she was not sure if she could cope with life as a princess of Denmark and needed somet ime and space. Joachim described himself as "waiting" the whole time till she made up her mind to take him on.
Good point, Jo. I was one of those people who thought Marie spoke too much, and little did I realize that she spoke to Billed Bladet with her beau's consent, and I think even somewhat collaboration. Although I never spoke about it on the forums, I confess that I did think their relationship was unlikely to reach a formal arrangement.

And I might add, Kate has the added favor of never having said a word to the press about Prince William.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

So will Balmoral be the Final "test" to an engagement so to speak

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, prince william