Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 1: October-November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let say they do get engage how will anyone feel the rolw Kate will paly as a Future Queen of England?

I don't really think about it much because even if she does marry Wills, it will be a long time until she is Queen; Wills has two people ahead of him on the throne: The Queen and Charles.

All this talk about Kate being a future Queen reminds me of when Diana first came on the scene and everybody was falling over themselves to kiss the hand of their future Queen. It didn't turn out that way and with Kate and William, even if they do go married, have a long wait until they are King and Queen.

That is not to say that Kate's character is unimportant but I trust that the Royal Family is better informed on her character than we, who are at the mercy of the tabloid press for any news of Kate, are.

You've seen a pictures of Kate Middleton having met the HM?
Yes in the book After Diana
Actually, they have never met and the picture in that book is a fake!
The picture is originally from 2005 and of Bill Gates recieving his Knighthood from the Queen, with his wife looking on. The book photo cuts out Gates and photoshops Kates head on his wife! Disgusting that so-called royal authors and British tabloids do stuff like this.
Google 'bill gates knighthood pics' to see the real pic, if you don't believe it.

Even the 'Kate Middleton and Prince Charles go hunting' story looks to be very misleading; if all the pics of this are shown in sequence it looks more like Kate was going to a shooting lesson and ran into Charles who was out for a walk and continues on after exchanging greetings. Nothing more than that! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Globe Magazine

According to this week's Globe :shifty:, The Queen is skipping over Charles (which ticked off Camilla) and is going to hand over the throne to William (in the very near future), but William is going to reject it. Kate would rather end their relationship than marry William/be hunted like Diana/be Queen, so William is going to pull a Duke of Windsor and give up his claim to the throne for her :ohmy:.

Gotta love the Globe:lol:!

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks. I needed a good laugh this morning!

I have read so many times how Kate being pictured with Charles is a big step and all that but haven't they been pictured together before...maybe on the ski trip?

I hate seeing those pictures of Kate, I have always hoped that William and Harry would marry modern brides, not those who take part in such barbaric acts.

I know many people do deer hunts and all but it just seems so old-fashioned, I had always hoped for a more modern woman in the Royal family who blazed her own route and went against the establishment.

Probably was never going to happen but I always had hope.

The hunting is such a big part of the Balmoral and Birkhall culture. I guess Kate is essentially a very sporty woman like her beau, and she probably likes dressing up in Wellington boots and walking through this gorgeous estate with the ghillies. Who wouldn't? :) I could never shoot a deer, unless (big maybe) if I knew the deer was injured. But at the same time, I do eat (some) meats, and I don't begrude the royal family at all for these sports, because they do eat (and also share with the entire estate) everything they kill. They do not do any of these things for commercial profit, and that is a big plus for me. I think shooting for commercial profit is WRONG, but the royal family do not do that. They shoot things and eat them, and they follow the rules, by shooting within the seasons. Personally, I'm not a hunter, but as long as the rules are respected and people only do it for private pleasure, it does not upset me. The deer on the Balmoral estate live a good life, endless hills and woods in which to roam and be free.

I had always hoped for a more modern woman in the Royal family who blazed her own route and went against the establishment.

Probably was never going to happen but I always had hope.

It did happen and with disastrous consequences, hence why anyone who wants the British monarchy to survive should re-evaluate this idea of someone going against the establishment. The monarchy is very much a part of the establishment, if not THE part and so it'd be a case of Kate doing something smelly on her own doorstep if she one day married into the family. When people say 'the establishment' I think they only think of it being the Church or the Government etc but it's so much more and it does include the Royal Family as well as politicians, the civil service etc. Also, I don't see how one can have a modern woman in an institution that is based on archaic ways and traditions. Surely that once again creates division within the Royal Family with those trying to be modern and those left behind. But then if they really wanted to be modern, they'd end the undemocratic institution they revel in. ;)

I know many people do deer hunts and all but it just seems so old-fashioned, I had always hoped for a more modern woman in the Royal family who blazed her own route and went against the establishment.

The Windsors need someone that can fit into their life; not someone who goes against the establishment.

The monarchy is at its heart a very conservative institution. It needs brides who can support into the institution as it is - not a young girl who says that the whole thing is archaic and worthless and then marries into the institution just to do her own thing and tear it down.

Blazing her own path is what Diana did and her campaign against the Royal Family almost killed the monarchy.

Before Diana I would have said that the monarchy needs an independent bride but after Diana and Fergie I think they need to go back to brides that are willing to tow the royal line; at least at first.

The Queen Mother towed the royal line as Duchess of York and was ever supportive of the powers in place at the time. It was only when she was Queen that she brought out changes in the monarchy and those were with the full support of her husband.

The Queen Mother towed the royal line as Duchess of York and was ever supportive of the powers in place at the time. It was only when she was Queen that she brought out changes in the monarchy and those were with the full support of her husband.

It's actually an interesting point. I think the changes initiated by the late Queen Elizabeth were perhaps appropriate for the times and ultimately made the monarchy stronger and better. I think in a similar way The Duke of Edinburgh treaded very cautiously in the beginning. As he became more rooted into the 'Establishment' he sought ways to make improvements.

i might be mistaken but didn't diana "love balmoral" until after the marriage. the first photos of her were in "wellies" and hunting clothes. i think it's good if Kate is going to marry wills they share interest (in this case killing stuff-another thread for those thoughts) and she fits in with the family.
that globe headline was a good laugh this morning do people really pay for this birdcage liner?

Actually, they have never met and the picture in that book is a fake!
The picture is originally from 2005 and of Bill Gates recieving his Knighthood from the Queen, with his wife looking on. The book photo cuts out Gates and photoshops Kates head on his wife! Disgusting that so-called royal authors and British tabloids do stuff like this.
Google 'bill gates knighthood pics' to see the real pic, if you don't believe it.

Even the 'Kate Middleton and Prince Charles go hunting' story looks to be very misleading; if all the pics of this are shown in sequence it looks more like Kate was going to a shooting lesson and ran into Charles who was out for a walk and continues on after exchanging greetings. Nothing more than that! :rolleyes:

:ermm:...I don't think so...

They are on a "private" estate, and the media gets all these pictures of camera shy Kate in full makeup and earrings ?????

They are on a "private" estate, and the media gets all these pictures of camera shy Kate in full makeup and earrings ?????

Well...no one said Kate wasn't media saavy LOL. She looked just as polished in the rowing event thing that she dropped out of...

Well, media savvy and photoshopped pics aside, I believe that Kate has met Prince Charles. Given that Chelsy Davy has been in public with Prince Charles, I can't imagine Kate has not met him too, and it seems reasonable to expect that she has met him multiple times. There might not be much genuine photo evidence, but how can it not be so that they have met? I would be more surprised to learn they have not met many times than to learn otherwise.

Well, media savvy and photoshopped pics aside, I believe that Kate has met Prince Charles. Given that Chelsy Davy has been in public with Prince Charles, I can't imagine Kate has not met him too, and it seems reasonable to expect that she has met him multiple times. There might not be much genuine photo evidence, but how can it not be so that they have met? I would be more surprised to learn they have not met many times than to learn otherwise.

I'm sure she has met with all of his family quite often...but it's probably a sign of how serious they are becoming if she is now being photographed publicly with his father on her own.

She has definitely met Charles before. Think she was in the Royal Box for the big horse race one year (the one with everyone in hats).

It is too bad that the RF wants to remain as the old-fashioned establishement with the direct heirs choosing conservative women as wives. In todays modern times with high technology, instant communication, etc., the RF seems to continue in their old ways and a lot of ridicule towards this institution is because of that. I don't see the British monarchy lasting long beyond HM unless they change from these Victorian times they project. Charles seems to be lost in his own ways and commands very little respect. And unfortunately, it is looking like William won't be the saviour he has been touted to be.

But the whole point of the monarchy is that it's old fashioned and conservative. I don't get why people are suprised at that.

:lol: LOL First Miss Middleton makes sure that she looks good on paparazzi pics before complaining that she was caught on camera on a private occasion :rolleyes: Same business as usual.

And unfortunately, it is looking like William won't be the saviour he has been touted to be.

Here is a point on which many, I think, who are on both sides of the monarchy argument will agree with you. Republicans will say that Prince William is a sign of what they consider is typical Windsor freeloading laziness. Liberals might say he is just too conservative like the 'Establishment' to be a good "modern" monarch. And the 'Establishment' will not like him either, because they will say he is too dangerous with his likeness to his mother.
One side says he is too much like his father (and they mean this in a negative way) while the other side says he is too much like his mother (also in a negative way). Yet does no one appreciates that he may be a blend of his parents and that there may be something positive about such a blend? ;)

She has definitely met Charles before. Think she was in the Royal Box for the big horse race one year (the one with everyone in hats).

It is too bad that the RF wants to remain as the old-fashioned establishement with the direct heirs choosing conservative women as wives. In todays modern times with high technology, instant communication, etc., the RF seems to continue in their old ways and a lot of ridicule towards this institution is because of that. I don't see the British monarchy lasting long beyond HM unless they change from these Victorian times they project. Charles seems to be lost in his own ways and commands very little respect. And unfortunately, it is looking like William won't be the saviour he has been touted to be.

Charles commanded quite a bit of respect before his first wife used her charisman and power with the media to tear down Charles' public reputation. Its possible he will never recover from the attack and since William like many sons has many character traits in common with his father, William's reputation is starting to take a beating along with his father as a side effect of his mother's campaign of more than 15 years ago. This is why the Royal Family is justifiably cautious about the women they allow into their family.

That having been said, I think William can find a woman who can help modernize the monarchy; however, she will have to show the royal family she respects the way it is now and that she can work within the rules its laid out. Once she's shown she can live within the rules they set forth, she can be more free to put her own stamp on things and if her relationship with her husband remains cordial and mutually self-beneficial she will be able to influence him in the normal course of a marital relations towards modernization.

There is an old adage: first learn how to follow the rules and then you can break them. Don't break the rules until you fully understand what you're breaking.

:lol: LOL First Miss Middleton makes sure that she looks good on paparazzi pics before complaining that she was caught on camera on a private occasion :rolleyes: Same business as usual.

:lol: I thought you would be Happy, Duke, because you got your wish with Prince Harry (or maybe you didn't want it to be Harry) going to the Rugby world cup, and England won! :britflag:

:lol: I thought you would be Happy, Duke, because you got your wish with Prince Harry (or maybe you didn't want it to be Harry) going to the Rugby world cup, and England won! :britflag:

Oh yes I was :lol: I saw Harry and thought, ok, at least he made his way, but maybe only because he has a personal interest :D
I wonder who will show up for the final. Somebody has to be there - either Gordie or a member of the BRF :cool:

Most women come down to breakfast fully dressed and wearing make-up and earrings! They wouldn't dream of going out 'naked' to any event, they always have dressed and I should imagine always will! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
:lol: I'm sorry, Duke, but I have to tease you a bit... you exaggerate so much about Kate getting "fixed up"! She brushed her hair; she put on the lightest makeup, from what I can tell; she looks neat and clean. What is so "fixed up"? Most young women want to look decent no matter what they are doing, even for sports, and especially in her case! Dating a prince! Around his royal relatives! Goodness, like she would go around Bal-freaking-moral with un-brushed hair! :lol:

But the whole point of the monarchy is that it's old fashioned and conservative. I don't get why people are suprised at that.
Well, as the modern world continually moves forward the monarchy is gathering dust. If it is going to be irrelevant and outdated beyond being just a tourist attraction then it should be dissolved. A tourist attraction involving real people and not characters (ie. Disneyland), and for the press to promote or destroy at their leisure, that's not a good thing.

Charles commanded quite a bit of respect before his first wife used her charisman and power with the media to tear down Charles' public reputation. ...
I tend to think Charles managed to lose a good deal of respect entirely on his own. Among many foot-in-mouth moments, one of his infamous quotes comes to mind, "Whatever love is". :rolleyes:

I tend to think Charles managed to lose a good deal of respect entirely on his own. Among many foot-in-mouth moments, one of his infamous quotes comes to mind, "Whatever love is". :rolleyes:

Oh sweet Jesus! I saw that interview when it happened and at the time, everybody thought Charles' little statement 'Whatever love means' was so cute and endearing. Just like a typical man who gets embarassed when he's forced to talk about love in front of a million people. Believe me, until Diana decided to make a big deal out of it, nobody thought anything of it.

It took several years and quite a public relations campaign against Charles for that little quote to become 'infamous'. At the time and for a long time after it was just seen as cute and endearing.

But the fact that you remember this quote as 'infamous' despite how it was received initially shows how successful the public campaign against Charles was.

Well, as the modern world continually moves forward the monarchy is gathering dust. If it is going to be irrelevant and outdated beyond being just a tourist attraction then it should be dissolved. A tourist attraction involving real people and not characters (ie. Disneyland), and for the press to promote or destroy at their leisure, that's not a good thing.

That is possibly true. The monarchy is a hereditary institution where members do not choose their duty but instead are born to it and fulfill as best as they know how despite whatever feelings or limitations they themselves possess. It is not a system based on choice or free will or even merit and inasmuch as free will and the idea that every man can and should make his own destiny and achieve whatever he deserves by merit alone is the prevailing philosophy of the age, perhaps an old-fashioned institution based on being born to a duty and fulfilling it despite one's merit is no longer relevant to the modern world.

However families are still relevant to the modern world and the oldest of businesses is the family business which the royal families personify. One's position in a family business does not just depend on one's merit but on one's position in the family. This was as true of the Rockefeller and Forbes empires as it is true today for the Murdoch empire and the British Royal Family. I think the British Royal Family who has checks and balances and seeks to give something back to the people of Britain are a more charitable family enterprise than the Murdochs but others may think differently.

So I still think a family business engaged in the business of representing a country can be relevant; however I may be a minority.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom