The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #641  
Old 11-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Duchess's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: xx, Canada
Posts: 1,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
Well both William and Kate have made pretty senseless moves from a PR standpoint before - so I'm not sure whether William would take PR advice if he were actually given it.
short of a verbal confirmation, being photographed so often with catherine is sending out the message that they are a couple otherwise he'd be seen with other women in the same sort of situations.
__________________

__________________
Duchess
  #642  
Old 11-26-2007, 07:42 PM
zembla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Camden, United States
Posts: 875
I'd worry about her mental state if he ever did break up with her for real...she seems to have so much invested in this future royal lifestyle. The poor girl would probably have a breakdown.
__________________

  #643  
Old 11-26-2007, 10:36 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Annapolis, United States
Posts: 443
Highly doubtful. She held her head high and carried on with grace when she was humiliated back in April as the one who was dumped. Over the telephone no less (which I don't believe).

She strikes me as a someone who can cope and who has a strong family support system, which she will need.
  #644  
Old 11-27-2007, 12:16 AM
georgiea's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 1,644
I think a break-up now would not hurt her as much because she experienced a break-up earlier this year and got through it. If that was a true break-up.

She lost a lot of weight right after the break up and I don't think she has yet to put it back on. I think it was from stress of breaking-up. If that is true break-up. If not, then she lost her baby fat to be a sophisticated, young woman living her life in London.
__________________
Watch your actions, for they become your habits. Watch your habits because they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
  #645  
Old 11-27-2007, 12:23 AM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
short of a verbal confirmation, being photographed so often with catherine is sending out the message that they are a couple otherwise he'd be seen with other women in the same sort of situations.
I could quite think of another explanation, Duchess. Its possible as other members said that they are ambivalent about their relationship and they are testing the waters after a heady breakup to see if they really are each others partner or just friends. There can be a huge grey area between friend and lover and Prince Charles was known to have switched his friends to girlfriends (and vice versa) so there is a possibility there is a lot of grey in this relationship.
__________________
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
  #646  
Old 11-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Duchess's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: xx, Canada
Posts: 1,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
I could quite think of another explanation, Duchess. Its possible as other members said that they are ambivalent about their relationship and they are testing the waters after a heady breakup to see if they really are each others partner or just friends. There can be a huge grey area between friend and lover and Prince Charles was known to have switched his friends to girlfriends (and vice versa) so there is a possibility there is a lot of grey in this relationship.
possibly, but since we don't see him photographed with other women in cars, leaving clubs, spending weekends together then i think the assumption that they're a couple is pretty much spot on. even if they are testing the water, they are exclusive so i'd say that makes them a couple. whether they stay that way or not remains to be seen.
__________________
Duchess
  #647  
Old 11-27-2007, 07:58 PM
zembla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Camden, United States
Posts: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise View Post
Highly doubtful. She held her head high and carried on with grace when she was humiliated back in April as the one who was dumped. Over the telephone no less (which I don't believe).

She strikes me as a someone who can cope and who has a strong family support system, which she will need.
If you actually believe they broke up then...which I don't...it was clearly staged to me to take some heat off them as a couple. The appearances she did make at clubs were usually with someone in his entourage of friends, that spoke volumes.

Harry and Chelsy are more believable in the break-up department.
  #648  
Old 11-28-2007, 04:40 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 32,715
Kate Middleton attends the book launch party of 'Time To Reflect' by photographer
Alistair Morrison, at Bluebird on November 28, 2007 in London, England. Dave M.
Benett/Getty Images

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #649  
Old 11-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Kate Middleton attends the book launch party of 'Time To Reflect' by photographer
Alistair Morrison, at Bluebird on November 28, 2007 in London, England. Dave M.
Benett/Getty Images

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3
Thanks for the pics iceflower. Kate has been looking good lately although I don't believe there is an engagement around the corner. Look at the men in the Windsor family. They all needed a long, long time to commit and for some it did not work out even then.
  #650  
Old 11-28-2007, 06:14 PM
PR Princess's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London/ New Jersey (USA), United Kingdom
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
possibly, but since we don't see him photographed with other women in cars, leaving clubs, spending weekends together then i think the assumption that they're a couple is pretty much spot on. even if they are testing the water, they are exclusive so i'd say that makes them a couple. whether they stay that way or not remains to be seen.
You can't make assumptions like that, how do you know his around other women? Just because we don't see it in photos, that doesn't mean his not. He seem to be more private than "Catherine," their was an article that I read, indicating why is it Prince Williams girlfriend is merely photograph than her boyfriend. For instance, in clubs (which I do Know) they have V.I.P entrance and exits for celebrities, they wondered why she doesn't take those if she does not like the photographers. Who knows why, but we can't assume on things, thats why celebrities and royals highly dislike when people make assumptions, there rumors.
__________________
"Some people make headlines, while others make history."

Philip Elmer-Dewitt, in Time Magazine
  #651  
Old 11-29-2007, 03:35 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 32,715
You are most welcome Here are three more pics:

Kate Middleton, girlfriend of Prince William, hosting Time to Reflect,
an exhibition of limited edition photographs of celebrities by Alistair
Morrison, at the Bluebird, London which Miss Middleton arranged to
raise funds for UNICEF:

* Pic 1 * Pic 2 * Pic 3 *

Later that night, Kate and William were followed when they arrived
at Blue Bird restaurant on the Kings Road in London:

* Pic 1 * Pic 2 * Pic 3 *
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #652  
Old 11-29-2007, 04:20 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,557
THX! Kudos to Kate for being friendly & a nice smile, a much better attitude than her royal pal displays "Wills, very very annoyed" (pic # 2). He forgot that the odds would be 1 : 1.000.000.000 that he could pop by at a Kings Road restaurant without any photographers around.
  #653  
Old 11-29-2007, 04:37 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
THX! Kudos to Kate for being friendly & a nice smile, a much better attitude than her royal pal displays "Wills, very very annoyed" (pic # 2). He forgot that the odds would be 1 : 1.000.000.000 that he could pop by at a Kings Road restaurant without any photographers around.
It was a charity event, meant to raise money for UNICEF - fat chance that the media was not informed about catherine as organizer and the Royal patrons likely to show up.
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #654  
Old 11-29-2007, 06:45 AM
susan alicia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 2,529
Is that a new ring you're wearing Kate? | the Daily Mail

this looks like a ring a serious boyfried would give you
  #655  
Old 11-29-2007, 09:34 AM
Duchess's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: xx, Canada
Posts: 1,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR Princess View Post
You can't make assumptions like that, how do you know his around other women? Just because we don't see it in photos, that doesn't mean his not. He seem to be more private than "Catherine," their was an article that I read, indicating why is it Prince Williams girlfriend is merely photograph than her boyfriend. For instance, in clubs (which I do Know) they have V.I.P entrance and exits for celebrities, they wondered why she doesn't take those if she does not like the photographers. Who knows why, but we can't assume on things, thats why celebrities and royals highly dislike when people make assumptions, there rumors.
it's not an assumption it's based on years of watching the routines/habits of the royals in public and following expert opinions in the media. when a royal is pictured, in public, as often and as regularly as william is with catherine it is their way of confirming that they are a couple. if william is seeing other women then we would see photographs of them together. he may be more private but as we all know the paparazzi would find a way of seeing them together not to mention the fact that the information would be leaked by someone. catherine may not like to use the vip door but that doesn't tell us anything other than the fact that at this point the paparazzi aren't doing her reputation any damage and she doesn't mind being photographed. if they weren't a couple, william/catherine would be doing all they can to distance themselves from one another.
__________________
Duchess
  #656  
Old 11-29-2007, 09:56 AM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
it's not an assumption it's based on years of watching the routines/habits of the royals in public and following expert opinions in the media. when a royal is pictured, in public, as often and as regularly as william is with catherine it is their way of confirming that they are a couple..
Then you must have not watched Charles in the seventies when Charles asked his women friends to escort him in public to confuse the press as to who he was really dating - usually someone he wasn't seen with. That tactic was well known to the press. I wouldn't say that after the breakup William and Kate have been photographed so often together.

I don't necessarily think William is doing the same thing as Charles did but I certainly wouldn't consider two people testing the waters with each other after a breakup to be confirmed a couple yet.
__________________
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
  #657  
Old 11-29-2007, 11:03 AM
bbb's Avatar
bbb bbb is offline
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lake texoma, United States
Posts: 1,060
lovely photos thanks iceflower
arranging a charity event seems a "pre-princessy" thing to do, and i applaud ms middleton for supporting an important charity like unicef.
she looks very pretty and stylish, lovely dress- simple, classy, sexy (altho the necklace isn't my taste) what i wouldn't give for those dimples and cheekbones
imo the ring reminds me of that fugly ring dodi supposedly got for diana, gaudy and "new rich". (see camilla's ring for "old rich" lol) it reminds me of what i know as a "dinner ring" for dress up occasions. its something women buy for themselves because its such a personal choice -what some see as fugly others love and smart men stay away from them and buy really nice earrings or necklaces (i got my mothers and several are "what was she thinking" and never wear)
kate always wears a ring on her middle finger if she were wearing it on her ring finger i'd be wondering. it's a shame the only photo of wills isn't very flattering, someone might mention to him a smile or two isn't that hard, it is part of his job description to expect cameras and put up a good front (thats why the queens glares are so intimidating imo because they are rare) don't get me wrong i perfectly understand his resentment toward the press and photograpers but looking handsome on the front pages is much better image than scowling and resentful jmpo
  #658  
Old 11-29-2007, 11:17 AM
biboquinhas's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Portugal, Portugal
Posts: 3,116
It's so cold fopr Kate to dress like that in London! Gosh isn't she cold??She looks lovely has always!
__________________
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE provides food for an animal in a shelter or sanctuary. Feed an animal in need, click for free.http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
  #659  
Old 11-29-2007, 11:49 AM
Avalon's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia View Post
Is that a new ring you're wearing Kate? | the Daily Mail

this looks like a ring a serious boyfried would give you
Kate does look very good in the recent pictures.
However when it comes to the ring, I'm sorry but I just don't think its a diamond ring. It is just a bijou, an expencive bijou perhaps, but there is no way those stones are diamonds. I've got rings of the kind, they range from 50$ to 250$, and they do look like diamonds, especially if worn with the right outfit. But only look.
__________________
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
  #660  
Old 11-29-2007, 11:55 AM
susan alicia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 2,529
I see what you mean but I do not know, if you double click the ring they give you a close up and it looks like an antique diamond ring. It is not impossible that william gave it to her but I admit it is probably not THE ring.

I like what william is wearing, he looks very handsome and I do not mind that he does not smile (if he does not feel like it)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
Kate does look very good in the recent pictures.
However when it comes to the ring, I'm sorry but I just don't think its a diamond ring. It is just a bijou, an expencive bijou perhaps, but there is no way those stones are diamonds. I've got rings of the kind, they range from 50$ to 250$, and they do look like diamonds, especially if worn with the right outfit. But only look.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, prince william


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 7: November 2008-October 2009 Elspeth Current Events Archive 489 11-01-2009 01:06 AM
Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 6: August-November 2008 kimebear Current Events Archive 491 11-11-2008 08:41 PM
Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 4: February-May 2008 Avalon Current Events Archive 444 06-01-2008 12:25 PM
Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 3: January-February 2008 Warren Current Events Archive 242 02-07-2008 07:52 AM
Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 2: December 2007-January 2008 Warren Current Events Archive 200 01-05-2008 08:07 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit poll catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 october and november 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess marie events princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania in washington royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats the duchess of cornwall working visit


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:23 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises