The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree with you CasiraghiTrio! We don't know if they are dating or not, they don't speak, they don't make one comment, I cannot understand this!

Old 11-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comunal View Post

I am surprised to see that Kate is so much taller than her sister Pippa. Or is it just that she is wearing heels?

Old 11-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Nobility

I read somewhere that Pippa is about 5'6" and Catherine is about 5'9" or 5'10". That would explain the disparity in height. I do like the coat Catherine is wearing the in photos, it's really eye-catching.

Will and Harry Unlimited - Photo Gallery
I'm glad to see Prince William and Catherine together at a royal family outing. They were attending Peter Phillips 30th birthday celebrations.

Rex Features
There are a lot more photos here, I wish I could see the larger versions of those photos! I also wonder who the woman is behind the wheel of the car? Usually only Prince William or Prince Harry's bodyguards are driving, I wonder if she is a bodyguard.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Nobility

I agree it is very good to see Kate and William together at a gathering of the young cousins. He ribbed Harry about being a "gooseberry," a term this yank is not familiar with, until I understand it to mean sort of a third wheel, basically. LOL

I read very recently that William has a new female bodyguard, and I believe that is who the woman behind the wheel is.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Commoner

Are Kate and William together or just friends? We don't know. All we are seeing is Prince Williams sharing a ride with Katie and being invited to Balmoral along with the rest of his friends. Jecca was at the Van Cutsems wedding and Prince William visits her family this year. So I can't tell if he is friends with Kate or dating her as he is still friends with other ex. His other exs just doesn't like the limelight and have a life.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Courtier

you can see william and kate sit together at the car..

http://new2.isifa.com/tools/get_prev...p?idp=15826660
Old 11-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Aristocracy

that would apply to many adults I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR Princess View Post
Something, like that. However, "once she starts growing up" is not what I'll will say for a soon to be 26 year old, maybe a 18 year or Chelsy.
Oh, I dunno. I can think of some folks I know now in their 40s and up who still need to "grow up" facing challenges and responsibilities. That can apply at any age, it's how you face life's issues that can be a measure of maturity, not just time spent based on the calendar. All of us know children that can be more mature than their parents and some parents that are definitely childish. Each needs to find his own path. Pressure isn't all bad--turns carbon into diamonds eventually. I like to thing everyone is a diamond in the rough but I'm a Pollyanna.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64 View Post
you can see william and kate sit together at the car..

http://new2.isifa.com/tools/get_prev...p?idp=15826660
Again, are they sharing a ride or are they dating. Prince William has shared a ride with Chelsy once so and has partied with Holly Bronson. So.....Is there any proof that they are dating. Until Clarence House announce her as an official girlfriend, one will never know.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Aristocracy

Talking perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I strongly object to the assumption that everybody who chooses not to work is lazy, unfulfilled, unworthwhile, unable to make something of their lives, wasters, etc, etc.
How true!
I would prefer to be a stay at home wife or mother but since I am not, I work. Simple as that. As Kate has other options she can choose a different path for career or be on standby as it were as needed. If she doesn't want to do that I'm sure she will say enough is enough. As I have said in prior posts anyone who thinks someone who doesn't workout side of the home doesn't "work" hasn't done it! The one time I was "not working full time" for a few months had me doing more chores than ever running the household. I ended up going back to work to get a break.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinwaiting View Post
Again, are they sharing a ride or are they dating. Prince William has shared a ride with Chelsy once so and has partied with Holly Bronson. So.....Is there any proof that they are dating. Until Clarence House announce her as an official girlfriend, one will never know.
They are together, they reunited when they went to the Seychelle Islands for that week's vacation in August, not to mention they flew together to Balmoral in October, and in either September or October was when Prince William made the complaint about the paparrazzi following Catherine and him when they left a club together in his car. Prince William playfully referred to his brother Prince Harry as being the "royal gooseberry" at their cousin Peter's birthday party. Catherine was there with William then, Harry was the only one there without a partner or significant other present.

I don't believe I have ever heard Clarence House make an official "girlfriend" announcement, so I don't think that can be used as a marking post to determine if they are back together as a couple. I think the best barometer is Prince William himself. Their relationship seems to be very much back on, or I don't think Prince William would even allow himself to be photographed getting into a car driven by his own bodyguard, and sitting next to Catherine. Such an action is a declaration to the press and the world that he is seeing her. Considering the long length of time they dated prior to their breakup in April, I don't think Prince William would allow himself to be seen in public with Catherine if they weren't truly a couple again.

Every time William is seen with Catherine the newspapers start a fresh round of engagement speculation stories. I do not think Prince William would open himself up to that type of frustratingly annoying speculation if he wasn't dating her again, the annoyance factor just wouldn't be worth it.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:29 AM
Royal Highness

very true. william knows that any photograph with catherine is confirmation of them being a couple.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:02 PM
Nobility

Red face Sorry, but I don't think your link works ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
Pictures of William and Kate together last night at Mahiki. Looks like they're back on.

From The Daily Mail

Kate and Wills reunited: First pictures of royal couple back together | the Daily Mail
When I clicked on the link you gave us here, it told me "Article not found", sorry.

Anyway, I don't think the pair was ever NOT on, do you?

I like to keep my hopes up, in these sorts of situations.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Commoner

Have I missed something? Has the media i england turned their back on Kate and started to write negative things about her?
Old 11-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Heir Apparent

I think they should make a statement, only four words will be enough to end all those gossips "yes we are dating".
Old 11-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Nobility

When Prince William appears in public with Catherine Middleton and gets into the same car with her, that is definitely a statement that they are dating again. I can't remember the last time I saw a photo of Prince William getting into a vehicle with a young woman who was not related to him, other than Catherine Middleton. She was photographed deerstalking at Balmoral with his father and a couple of gillies as recently as October. I think those are clear signs that they are couple.

But even though those are very obvious signs that they are dating again, it surely would be nice if they were to issue such a written statement and eliminate any doubt on our parts!
Old 11-23-2007, 08:16 PM
Commoner

Why do some call her Catherine? It may be her long name or a middle name, but if the British press always print her as 'Kate', as does Clarence House from time to time (paparazi complaints, etc.) then that is what her name is! Are they all wrong on something as primary in reporting as this, after 3-4 years?
It would be another incredibly poor PR image by the royal advisors if they do get engaged and it's announced that she will now go by Catherine, as that will just come off very pretentious when she is already described as a social climber and possibly with him as much for the status to be gained as anything, imo.

And if dating again or not, they are a rather boring as a royal couple. William, has unfortunately has been influenced by his father too much, imo.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:46 PM
Royal Highness

I think there's a thread some where about it, but I'm too lazy to go looking for it at the moment. They go into a fairly good discussion about it, if i'm remembering correctly.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GovGen View Post
Why do some call her Catherine? It may be her long name or a middle name, but if the British press always print her as 'Kate', as does Clarence House from time to time (paparazi complaints, etc.) then that is what her name is! Are they all wrong on something as primary in reporting as this, after 3-4 years?
It would be another incredibly poor PR image by the royal advisors if they do get engaged and it's announced that she will now go by Catherine, as that will just come off very pretentious when she is already described as a social climber and possibly with him as much for the status to be gained as anything, imo.

And if dating again or not, they are a rather boring as a royal couple. William, has unfortunately has been influenced by his father too much, imo.
There was some report that Kate apparently had been called Catherine at the university and didn't like the press' nickname for her. I'm a bit suspicious. I think she was always known as Kate.

And as for being influenced by Charles, well Charles got himself in for a bit more excitement than he bargained for when he married Diana and he and his sons have the scars to prove it so its no surprise that William is dating someone calmer than Diana. I think with Diana as a mother, William was bound to be attracted to a quieter woman no matter who his father was. He's learning from his parents' mistakes. Maybe overreacting in some cases but still learning.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 11-24-2007, 12:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinwaiting View Post
Clarence House is never going to make any formal announcement confirming them as dating. That would be silly. When the time comes, and it is coming, there will be a simple annoucement that he and Kate are engaged. Any person who has been around clearly can deduce from their 5+ years of being photographed together, holidays together with him lying his head on her bikini clad stomach with her family in tow, that they are lovers and are in a serious relationship. And have been for many years now. But what is even better is, yes, they are friends as well. Great foundation for a long and happy marriage.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:57 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise View Post
Clarence House is never going to make any formal announcement confirming them as dating. That would be silly. When the time comes, and it is coming, there will be a simple annoucement that he and Kate are engaged. Any person who has been around clearly can deduce from their 5+ years of being photographed together, holidays together with him lying his head on her bikini clad stomach with her family in tow, that they are lovers and are in a serious relationship. And have been for many years now. But what is even better is, yes, they are friends as well. Great foundation for a long and happy marriage.
Kate and Prince William have had an on & off relationship (breakup and reconciling) over the past 4-5 years. There are also pictures of Prince William with his hand on another woman's breast and stories about him and Katie breaking up because he was spending to much time with Isabella Calthorp at a party.
Prince William has a very savvy young lady... | the Daily Mail

I just don't believe they have a solid foundation for a long and happy marriage IMHO. However, everyone just have to wait and see with will become of this pair. If they do marry, I believe their marriage will be like their relationship now on and off. By the way, being friends is not the only thing that is a great foundation for a marriage. I know many couples who were "friends" but their relationship did not work. Some people are better just friends instead of dating or marrying each other. This is a prime example.

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, prince william