The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 07:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichola View Post
Well, I suppose they've been in the 'real world' for two years now, and if they survive William's stint in the RAF and stand the test of time then it's the real thing.

Also, I really hope they do stand the test of time because I think Kate is lovely, and great for William.
I agree...I think there is something likable about Kate. She would fit well...

Old 10-28-2007, 09:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
I believe that the Clarence House release states that he will begin the RAF stint (or navy; I forgot which one is first) in January.

I bet their next vacation abroad will be for skiing. Just a personal guess though.
I think you're correct in your belief, and I share it as a matter of fact. I think that their next vacation abroad won't happen until January either. As for 2009, it was nice to have a year mentioned, but I do realise it's just a logical conclusion according to Prince William's schedule, and not an actual forgone conclusion.

I think it's nice that we won't have to be innundated with possible engagement articles this holiday season. Perhaps giving themselves a target date will make the media back off this couple for a little while and give them some appropriate breathing room?

Old 10-29-2007, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR View Post
I think you're correct in your belief, and I share it as a matter of fact. I think that their next vacation abroad won't happen until January either. As for 2009, it was nice to have a year mentioned, but I do realise it's just a logical conclusion according to Prince William's schedule, and not an actual forgone conclusion.

I think it's nice that we won't have to be innundated with possible engagement articles this holiday season. Perhaps giving themselves a target date will make the media back off this couple for a little while and give them some appropriate breathing room?
Yes I hope so too. It is a good sign that the tabloids have some projected date to latch onto. It might be 1) the tabloids' logical estimation based on William's career plans, 2) a timeframe William let his friends circulate on the press rumor mill to keep the tabs happy for a moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR
It's nice to finally have a date mentioned! This article even acknowledges that Prince William won't have Kate as his guest for Christmas at Sandringham.
Yes, by far the best thing about this article was the last bit about Kate spending Christmas with her family. They effectively nipped in the bud all possible speculation of whether Kate would go to Sandringham this year.
However, I fear that the gears of fruitless speculation will shift over to Harry and Chelsy.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichola View Post
Well, I suppose they've been in the 'real world' for two years now, and if they survive William's stint in the RAF and stand the test of time then it's the real thing.
I don't think that how either or both of them handle this or any future stint is relevant. They can go on for the next couple or so years with every time apart disected minutely, but IMHO it all means absolutely nothing. Bottom line? You can't practice being married (royal or commoner). When (and if) they get married......that will be the literal acid test. I don't know about anyone else, but these endless rehersals are driving me nuts!
Old 10-29-2007, 08:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but these endless rehersals are driving me nuts!
It is because of the press always saying they are getting engaged endless times - that it what is driving everyone nuts. Can you imagine how William and Kate feel? I think it was the press who broke them up earlier this year.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR Princess View Post
What does everyone think, when Prince William starts his training as a pilot next year (in terms of his relationship with Kate)? I wonder how their relationship is going to be by then, for sure not vacations.
I checked again the press release from Clarence House (9 October 2007). William will begin a four-month period in the RAF in January 2008. It says that his RN training will begin in the summer 2008, probably in May, though it just says "summer". Finally, it says that in the course of the whole of 2008, he will undertake an increasing number of engagements (which isn't saying much, as it won't be hard to undertake "more" engagements than he does now!)
Old 10-29-2007, 08:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Isn't that what they want, though, for Prince William to take more on as to settle him down?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Courtier

I suppose the Press can't help themselves...these stories of William and Kate.. I hope they do eventually marry but that's for both of them to decide when the time is right for them. Personally, I think it's still too eary for them to settle down and I'm sure William will take into account the experiences of his parent's ill-fated marriage.

I wish them all the best for I do like Kate and think in future, she'll be a good additional to the royal family.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:19 AM
Commoner

i think too. they r too young to know who is right. maybe after William will be with some body else, he will learn if Kate is right. becous she is may be only pretty and just nice, but not right ,u know. he can merry early , but he needs another g-f first.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

what a blinder a certain Miss Middleton played while they were "separated" there should be a book on how to re-catch your prince it would read something like this:-
Rules
1) do not appear upset in the public in fact put on the appearance that ending the relationship was actually a relief
2) smile for the cameras it might be the only free publicity i will ever get again in my life - MILK IT!! (Not only good for me but also the company i work - check sales figures for Jigsaw did they rise while Kate worked there)
3) go out clubbing every night of the week and make sure i get my photo taken a some point
4) change your wardrobe to suit your age - wear the lowest cut tops without looking like you are about to get on page 3 but yet still low enough to catch the attention of the press
5) dramtically raise the hemline of your skirt
6) do not sell your story to any paper
7) keep using william's friends to get into all the right and happening places
8) BE SEEN TO ENJOY YOURSELF - flirt with everyone
9) make a double act with your sister who happens to have also recently split uip with her boyfriend
AND FINALLY
be prepared for the call from william saying he has made a mistake and realises that he is nothing without you - deliberate for a few seconds and then run back to his side

Old 10-30-2007, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
what a blinder a certain Miss Middleton played while they were "separated" there should be a book on how to re-catch your prince it would read something like this:-
Rules

3) go out clubbing every night of the week and make sure i get my photo taken a some point
4) change your wardrobe to suit your age - wear the lowest cut tops without looking like you are about to get on page 3 but yet still low enough to catch the attention of the press
5) dramtically raise the hemline of your skirt
What would Queen Mary have said??

God Save The Queen!

Old 11-01-2007, 11:13 AM
Commoner

it is like we all like Diana but Charles pick camila. becous she was right for him. other William gfs may be better then kate, but not right for William. or may be ther wuld be even more right gf, even more ugly then others in futur.and he pick her.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:30 AM
Nobility

Isabella may be quite lovely, I think she's average, but he's with Kate because he likes Kate better. End of story.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:25 AM
Heir Apparent

He is so young to get married! I think he should wait until he is 30 that is the ideal age to get married, until then just be sure who he wants to be for the rest of his life!!
Old 11-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
He is so young to get married! I think he should wait until he is 30 that is the ideal age to get married, until then just be sure who he wants to be for the rest of his life!!
Yes, hope he waits too and dates some other women during that time.
There are more pictures of party girl Kate from clubs this week, I'm starting to wonder if they really are together beyond friends?
Old 11-03-2007, 02:41 AM
Commoner

Yes, Prince William and Kate had their little break from eachother to test their feelings for eachother. Now that they are back together again, a temporary situation may be made permanent; a growing relationship could be heading towards marriage, and a traditional one at that! So, keep your eyes peeled!!!
Old 11-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like Kate, she seems warm and kind. Very down to earth and focused on important things.

Old 11-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Royal Highness

I think that Kate is the prettiest of the three girls. Now, I think that Isabella is "hotter" (there is quite a difference between pretty and hot. Like, Kate is pretty, but Chelsy Davy is hot.), but Kate seems to just have something about her that's just more aristocratic than the other two.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:26 AM
Commoner

yea, kate is the best from all 3. William wife has to be kind becous queen have to be kind becous help people is there job. kate sure looks kind not only pretty.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:50 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

¨ Posts about future titles have been moved to the Titles of William, Harry & Wives thread.

¨ Posts about former girlfriends have been moved to the Royal's ex-partners thread.

Tags
kate middleton, prince william