Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 1: October-November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say looks can be deceiving. Some people look happy, but maybe there not. Some can look innocent, but maybe there not. Who will really knows, not those who keep speculating, only people who are surrounded by them. That is the main reason why i really don't believe the media, if the publicist or that main person has confirmed it.

Nicholl, Katie: "Kate Middleton ogles hunks in trunks at Chinawhite nightclub," The Daily Mail, 11 November 2007

Kate Middleton indulged in some harmless ogling at a fashion show last week in aid of breast cancer charity Boobies. The 25-year-old girlfriend of Prince William was treated to a catwalk show by Leicester Tigers rugby players modelling Jack Wills underwear at the Chinawhite club in London. "Kate was with a few female friends," says a fellow guest.

"They had a real giggle watching all the well-toned men strut their stuff."

I believe she was probably at a night club. I do not ogled some 'hot' guy they should at have some pictures if it is true.

I believe the phrase employed by Nicholl was "ogled hunks in trunks!" :ROFLMAO:

Props for the expression! ;)

:notworthy:

According to her former co-workers at Jigsaw (see the Daily Mail article), she was uncommitted to a job which had been designed for her to essentially be available for William. I think she is doing exactly what you said above, she is waiting for William to propose.

I agree she is indeed a bright and well educated woman and it is a shame that the increasing public perception of her is one of a self-absorbed rich girl. If she and William do have an understanding, which I think they do, she should use her cleverness to initiate a public persona which will be worthy of a future queen of England.

-> If she is waiting for him to propose, she's silly. He's not likely to marry at that age and Kate Middleton should be clever enough to realize this and make her own way in the world.

I've thought for a while now that William seems kind of unsure towards Kate whilst she seems absoloutley sure that she wants to be his wife and is willing to hang around for as long as it takes for him to propose. She almost seems TOO keen to be Royal and I don't feel that their relationship is striking the right balance.

Last edited:
i think not even kate will wait on a guy so much and so desperetely (as she seems to) prince or no prince. i know this may sound foolish but i think she knows something we don't know and that's probably why she seems so desperate. william might have proposed already and now she is probably traing or preparing for the wedding..or not...the thing is we can't really judge her as outsiders because we still don't know all the facts...and regarding Lady Di she was with the POW for about 6-7 months before they got engaged so i don't think it's fair to compare her with kate who's been dating wills for 4-5 years.

I seriously don't think Chelsy has a better image with the press than Kate.
If you'd said that a year ago I would have agreed with you.

However, I think public opinion has started to change about Kate. She was always portrayed as prim,. proper and hard-working yet ultimately it's Chesly who's continuing her education and Kate is just as likely to be seen falling out of a club.

If anything I think alot more people are starting to prefer Chlesy to Kate.

I think she is now making her own way to the world! She has quit that job at Jigsaw and although it was a job created for her because she was Will girlfriend I think Jigsaw has so mucht to win because Kate worked for them! if I wa sliving in London I sure go to jigsaw just to see Kate! ALthough I think that she should be wearing some Jigsaw clothes and she never did that!
She is now making her own way into life, she loves photos and taking pictures so I think she will now work on her passion! AS for William I think that we never knew for sure if they were back together, they never talked and they will never talked until they relationship will be official and a matter of state and that may take years because he is too young to get married

Don't dump me Chelsy, pleads 'rock bottom' Prince Harry | the Daily Mail

it is not sure she continuing her education (in the UK) she has gone back home and might descide to do nothing.

Kate has graduated and might be thinking about what next step to take

However, I think public opinion has started to change about Kate. She was always portrayed as prim,. proper and hard-working yet ultimately it's Chesly who's continuing her education and Kate is just as likely to be seen falling out of a club.

I am one of them. Chelsy always came across much more self confident and determined as Kate - but at the same time as a much more private person, at least for me. By the way, I don't believe a second she was with Harry because he was a Prince. Depite her being some years younger than Kate she has always striked me as someone who dares to take her life into her own hands and gets on with things no matter what Harry does, unlike Kate, whose image has changed exactly as stated by little star in her post. She's getting close to the image of those WaGs, who call themselves something like model, designer or photographer but all they do is spend other people's money, while they are still waiting for or have already caught the big fish, their life insurance.

Actually Chelsy's image is closer to what I would call a WAG. Kate appeared not to care about what the press thought about her but Chelsy didn't appear to care about what anybody else thought about her. She always had a brazenness about her which is not necessarily unattractive but I think if Chelsy married Harry it would be a little like Andrew and Fergie. They would love each other deeply but she just wouldn't be able to fit into the Royal Family.

WAGs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

she is not a bit like a footballer's wife, she is just a nice girl............

according to the above she is a: "RAGs" ("Royals and Girlfriends"),

I am one of them. Chelsy always came across much more self confident and determined as Kate - but at the same time as a much more private person, at least for me. By the way, I don't believe a second she was with Harry because he was a Prince. Depite her being some years younger than Kate she has always striked me as someone who dares to take her life into her own hands and gets on with things no matter what Harry does, unlike Kate, whose image has changed exactly as stated by little star in her post. She's getting close to the image of those WaGs, who call themselves something like model, designer or photographer but all they do is spend other people's money, while they are still waiting for or have already caught the big fish, their life insurance.

WAGs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

she is not a bit like a footballer's wife, she is just a nice girl............

according to the above she is a: "RAGs" ("Royals and Girlfriends"),

:lol: Yeah she is ... that expression was new to me ... great :ROFLMAO:

Obviously there are different expressions for different sports like C WAGs for the cricketers and G WAGs for the golfers :lol: but in the beginning the term was invented for the footballers.

She always had a brazenness about her which is not necessarily unattractive but I think if Chelsy married Harry it would be a little like Andrew and Fergie. They would love each other deeply but she just wouldn't be able to fit into the Royal Family.

I agree ysbel but on the other hand ... does Harry fit? I hope he'll be at ease with his role at some stage of his life, like his uncle Andrew who was able to leave behind his Randy Andy image :cool:

I agree ysbel but on the other hand ... does Harry fit? I hope he'll be at ease with his role at some stage of his life, like his uncle Andrew who was able to leave behind his Randy Andy image :cool:

LOL, good point, Duke of Marmalade! :D

I think Harry could have fit at one time when the press and rest of humankind kept a safe distance from the Royals who spent their time with the aristocrats. Then Harry's wildness wouldn't be so much in your face.

But Sarah's self-esteem really took a bashing from her tenure with the Royal Family and I don't think she's recovered so I would prefer not to see that happen again.

Seems to me from what I've seen recently Andrew's Randy Andy image is alive and well! :D Andrew as the #2 at least was able to go off and fly in combat (The Falklands) and made a long career of the military.

From the looks of it as of now, Harry is sulking because he will not be able to go to Iraq or Afghanistan, so now the tabloids have him sulking and threatening to quit. I am choosing not to believe those reports because that behavior would be extremely childish on his part.

Nothing against Chelsy, but for those of us who have watched the soap opera called The Windsors, we have seen brash and independent lovers soar and fade away, and watched the "hot" second sons fade into middle age. Judging by a recent picture I saw of Harry with William partying with those rugby players in Paris. Harry and William were pictured shoulder to shoulder hugging, and I saw a ruddy, jowly looking Harry staring back. In that picture I caught a glimpse of what he will look like in about 20 years. As for Chelsy Davy, I knew that couldn't last. And I just didn't see her wearing a tiara at some state dinner, or wearing demure pumps and a feathered hat while happily cutting ribbon and making small chat.:D Just couldn't see it.

but I think if Chelsy married Harry it would be a little like Andrew and Fergie. They would love each other deeply but she just wouldn't be able to fit into the Royal Family.

Well silly me, I didn't even see the thread where they broke up. Hang on to your seatbelts, kiddies, I think William and Harry are going to be treating us to a revolving door of endless girlfriends. Its not worth following a girlfriend if they're going to get dumped. I'm not really going to be interested in one of the girlfriends until the boys put a ring on a finger. Then I'll make my opinion.

In Harry's case, a good policy. In William's case, he seems a bit more mature, and he's been with the same girl for going on 5 years, the same girl who has been pictured with his father, the same girl who has been invited to stay at the royal residences, so that relationship I pay attention to.

I think the breakup this past summer indicates William and Kate are still a little confused. That's not necessarily bad. If one is confused and less assured, then its no use putting on an act of self-confidence that doesn't have real substance under it. But in that case, one faces the prospect that when one of them figures out what they want out of life, that may not include the other person.

I think it was confusion on William's part. He dumped Kate and when she demonstrated that she would not crumple into a mess and slink away, but hold her head high and continue on, then he blinked. I loved it, her message being, don't flatter yourself Mr. future King of England. They are taking their time, as they should as they are still very young. If the reports were true, at that dressup party where they were first spotted together reconciled, HE followed HER around like a puppy, according to one eyewitness. And HE took HER on trips after they reconciled. Not since have I seen ANY pictures of him with floozies in bars or read any reports of HIM cozying up to anonymous women anywhere.

They are taking their time and being sure, as he must with ANY woman with whom he'd be seriously involved, but again nearly five years on she remains a constant in his life. The handwriting is on the wall.

Last edited:
I think it was confusion on William's part. He dumped Kate and when she demonstrated that she would not crumple into a mess and slink away, but hold her head high and continue on, then he blinked. I loved it, her message being, don't flatter yourself Mr. future King of England.

I think William's confusion is the important thing here; he's the royal so if he's confused in general, I think he's less likely to settle down with Kate or anyone else. And if he settles down when he's confused or unsure of himself, he'll face the risk of making the same mistake Charles did. If William's not ready for something or is unsure, it doesn't matter how wonderful Kate is. In fact the more wonderful Kate is, the less a good catch an unsure and confused William is for her and the probability becomes higher that she'll drop him and go somewhere else.

I don't have the confidence that I can read William's and Kate's minds at this point. They're still sending mixed signals. They appeared to know more of what they wanted before the breakup but now they appear like they're drifting.

I really don't think he's confused as he is taking his time and making sure. The confusion on his part evaporated when he saw that she could very well go on without him and be just fine. If he didn't want her, they would not have reconciled. If they ever broke up to begin with, about which I have my doubts.

The handwriting is very much on the wall. I expect to see them in Westminster Abbey in a few more years.

I Love em both I Hadnt seen them Hunting before is it new? I Feel im sorry to say that William and Kate will last I See no "Back Together" for Harry and Chelsy But I See a wedding for William and Katherine ....soon just MHO Not meant to offend :)

"mommy track" syndrome

I really find comments such as 'just a mother' rather demeaning to people who have taken on full time the extremely vital role of raising their children.

I have known many women who also set out to have a career and fit the children in around that career. Amazingly when the child arrived they found it difficult to return to work, and in some cases, chose to stay at home to raise their child/ren. They don't see this as being 'just a mother' but as a worthwhile job that should be done with love and pride and shouldn't be derided by others in society. I currently teach with three women who have just had their second child (within the last year) and each is deciding to return to teaching for only two days a week next year in order to spend more time with their children and all three are planning another child in the next year or so and won't be returning to work at all after that until the last child finishes primary school. I wouldn't for a moment suggest that these three ladies are doing anything less than a valuable job for the community.

One problem that working mothers run into is that glass ceiling or mommy track where the perception is they can't concentrate on work due to having to take time off for children's sick time or school activities. In response to one poster that I'd have to wait a while for a man to take care of me that would only be with the presumption that I'd be "working" full time at home taking care of any children, elderly parents, extended family and what all is needed for running a home full-time.

That is more WORK that I'm doing now, single and working full-time with no dependents.

Why is someone who works out of the home (whether for an independent salary or saving the cost of child-care, maid-service, cook etc) seen as working but working stay-at-home moms aren't? A woman can be telecommuting, contracting or other work at home and still get to be a mom with a flexible schedule but for some jobs if they don't want to work round the clock they are seen as not putting in 100% and passed over for special projects or promotions. So, again, given a choice I would settle for Prince Charming if I didn't have to work outside the home and I could focus on husband, kids and running a home so everyone could enjoy the benefits of having a home. What is wrong with that?
Work is overrated and running a home is undervalued.
Royals would also have this balance difficult--how to raise kids (even with nannies) and balance the schedule of appearances/events; it's not unique to any particular group.

Okay--I'll agree with this clarification

My point was not for the mothers, is for independent women who have careers and are in no string of marriage or having children, can have jobs instead of relying on a man to do so. However, I completely understand what you mean, I go to school and have friends who have a family and children, and are going back to school to finish or continue their education. Even my best friend who is now pregnant. :)

I as a women I feel that "Kate" should just take things seriously in working, because if she is going to be a "Princess" or "future Queen" she should realize there is no more clubbing every night, just working hours to help the future of Great Britain. I mean if she has the gust to talk about fears as the future wife of Prince William, she should start working on it now.

Yes--if she is trying to be future royal material she should act accordingly.
I think the clubbing at night is just the freedom for now that will pass soon enough once she starts growing up and either getting a different, full-time demanding job or taking on more responsibility in other ways to prove she can be an asset to the royal family.

As far as marriage vs career I am single because I choose to be right now but should someone come along I would not rule out getting married but I am not going to settle for anyone just for a meal ticket or because I just can't live without a man. (I have heard women say that before but I do not subscribe to it.) However, my grandmother would have been happier being a full-time career woman without having to raise a family but that was not as realistic an option in 1930s America for her without a college education. She did start working in the 40s as part of the war effort and was always happier after that.

I take this now as meaning if someone chooses to be a wife and mother that is good but it shouldn't be someone's ONLY option if that is not what they want to do--is that what you meant?:flowers:

... If they ever broke up to begin with, about which I have my doubts.

The handwriting is very much on the wall. I expect to see them in Westminster Abbey in a few more years.
That’s an interesting viewpoint as I tend to see the opposite! ;)

Now I'm not even sure they’re really together beyond friends. Maybe that’s the way they want it, hidden in efforts to keep a lower profile but it doesn’t sound like it is working in Britain, where they will always be daily tabloid fodder.

The way I see it, Kate has a big image problem brewing if she really is destined for Westminster Abbey in a few years and has no plans to do something useful with her time up until then. Unlike Camilla’s first romance with Charles, where she probably could have easily just waited for him to commit to her and done so largely out of the public eye, Kate cannot do this. In an age of instant communication, internet (forums!), satellite tv, digital photos, etc., where we can see/read of Kate leaving a nightclub before she gets home, it will be disastrous for her if she plans to just play the lady-in-waiting for William.

I can see it working out favorably only if an engagement is announced relatively soon and the wedding is planned for after William’s military commitment. Presumably, this would be a departure from past royal protocol, where engagements are short (at least to public knowledge). Otherwise, she has to show considerably more suitable characteristics than what she has to date. Hanging around for 2-3 more years without an engagement and doing nothing constructive, public opinion and the tabloids will turn on her. The reports of Harry and Chelsy’s relationship ending, coming on the heels of Kate quitting a part time job for no particular reason, timing couldn’t be worse for these prince's on-off relationships to be shown in negative ways. :ermm:

She is not allowed to "ogle" men? I ogle men all the time! (But don't tell Mr. Russo! :D)

She has quit that job at Jigsaw and although it was a job created for her because she was Will girlfriend I think Jigsaw has so much to win because Kate worked for them!

How do you know that? you don't if it was just the media putting it that way. If you have seen the movie V for Vendetta, the way the media was making up all the stories so the public can believe them, while it was something else. Thats how i feel when I read stuff like this, just don't know who's right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom