The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 09:52 PM

Kate and sister Pippa went to a club called Raffles on Kings Road on Wednesday, 17 October.
--> five pics at Polfoto's website.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:13 AM
Nobility

does anybody know how old is pippa? kate looks pretty. love her boots :)

Old 10-19-2007, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
BF, just to clarify, by coursing do you mean what we call drag hunts? When the scent is laid cross country for the hounds to follow without a kill at the end? It's usually urine or musk in the US.
No, in hare coursing the aim is usually to disturb the hares and for them to be killed. However, Mrs D-W was doing it for food rather than sport so she was let off I believe.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:09 AM
Nobility

Looking at these pictures it must be very hard for Kate! The press in you face like this. Look at how hard they are holding hands! I hope that William and Kate get married soon. I also hope that this post does not get deleted like the last one I posted about William and Kate getting married. I can not help that this is the way that I feel and just becauce I wish this does not mean that it should get deleted!
Old 10-19-2007, 09:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
Weren't both Camilla and Charles pissed not too long ago cause they had to give up some animal to hunt; he wrote a letter that was leaked publicly and everything....
How true this was, we will never know, it is after all only alleged "In an outburst overheard by a senior politician, the Prince is also alleged to have said" and we wouldn't know if Charles wrote to Blair on this matter - It was probably all hype from The Countryside Alliance or the paper that first reported it. Scotland on Sunday - Prince : I'll leave Britain over fox hunt ban
Old 10-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Majesty

Nothing against KM, she seems lovely. I just wish I could muster more enthusiasm for her as a possible future bride for Prince William. I had such high hopes for this kid when it came to choosing a wife, and Ms M. just seems so ordinary. And not in a good way. I admit that she knows how to keep her mouth shut and she wears clothes well.

And if she were dating some princeling of some minor principality she'd probably be perfect.

But a future QUEEN OF ENGLAND?!

I don't know. I probably sound like a real snob......
Old 10-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

She will be fine no worries
Old 10-19-2007, 10:04 PM
Nobility

Absolutely. I think she will be a great consort to William. And I think she will make the UK proud.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:32 PM
Nobility

I doubt Kate and William will marry anytime soon. Only if they stuck it out another two more years and act mature, without the usual pictures of them falling drunk out of clubs and her waiting without any real job and hobby besides him, can I see any royal wedding between these two couple. For now nothing is guaranteed and I wouldn't put it past William to end it with her yet again.

Here is a new article by Richard Kay: Does William Dare dump Kate Again?

Does William dare dump Kate again? | the Daily Mail
Old 10-20-2007, 01:54 AM

Personally, I don't like this latest article from the Daily Mail. Many statements here are stated as though they are fact, but if you consider them carefully, you realize they are generalizations, and some of them are further discredited by glaring inconsistencies. I am not impressed, but I also know that I should not be surprised.... considering the publication, and that Richard Kay co-authored the thing....
Old 10-20-2007, 10:03 AM
Aristocracy

I hope William does dump Kate,here's somrthing about her I just don't like,which sounds silly because I've never met her.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
Nothing against KM, she seems lovely. I just wish I could muster more enthusiasm for her as a possible future bride for Prince William.
not wanting to start a pro/anti diana debate i'll say this:

we've already had a potential queen consort that was discreet and wore clothes very well and that turned out horribly wrong. on the other side of the coin, this same potential future queen started out ordinary but became the best advertisement for british designers ever, touched the lives of a lot people and brought some very serious yet backburner causes to the forefront. who knows what amazing things this young woman could do if she has the opportunity and uses it in a positive way.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think it's too early to predict what will happen. The Queen is sure to be cautious in making any future decision about whether to approve a marriage, especially considering the damage that was done by the failure of Diana and Charles' marriage.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
Nothing against KM, she seems lovely. I just wish I could muster more enthusiasm for her as a possible future bride for Prince William. I had such high hopes for this kid when it came to choosing a wife, and Ms M. just seems so ordinary. And not in a good way. I admit that she knows how to keep her mouth shut and she wears clothes well.

And if she were dating some princeling of some minor principality she'd probably be perfect.

But a future QUEEN OF ENGLAND?!

I don't know. I probably sound like a real snob......
I think people whether they like Kate or not are getting too caught up in the 'future Queen of England' scenario. Right now the only reason we're talking about Kate is that William somehow likes her enough to be seen with her. That's it! The Queen may be thinking how Kate will fit into the family but William, like any other boy his age, probably just wants a girlfriend.

Even in a best case scenario there are a lot of steps to take before a Kate is a Queen of England.

That is not to say that I dislike Kate. Her ordinariness is fine with me; my main concern is whether the girl William marries can form a strong partnership with him. If they can do that - even as ordinary looking young people - then they are off to a good start. The Danish princes and their women seem to be able to form strong partnerships even though each individual undoubtedly has their faults. So I think the ability to form a partnership is key and that's not something we're going to see evidence of by a few papparazzi pictures.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 10-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Royal Highness

Only time will tell if this relationship is going to go farther. Kate and Wills will have to go through separation in the next few years due to his military training in the navy and air force.

One thing is going for them is their past history of living together and if they are smart- the history of Charles losing his true love because of his own military training. Also not being able to ask Camilla to marry him because he was not sure if she was the one until it was too late.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
One thing is going for them is their past history of living together and if they are smart- the history of Charles losing his true love because of his own military training. Also not being able to ask Camilla to marry him because he was not sure if she was the one until it was too late.
Don't take any offense to this but comparing Charles and Camilla to William and Kate really annoys me. Just because Charles' first love was his true love doesn't mean that the same is true for William. Charles may have walked away from his true love but who knows if William is going to find himself in that position; first isn't always right. I've seen it happen in reverse: man meets woman who he loves but isn't in love with. The relationship is comfortable so he settles on it and gets married. Then man meets woman who he really should've married and would have found years later if he had the guts to be honest with himself. I'm not saying that kate isn't "The One." I'm saying that between these two relationships there are four completely different people involved. The situations that they're facing are different. The times are different. So don't take the outcome of one and apply it to another like some algebraical formula because I don't think that does anyone justice.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamyah View Post
I doubt Kate and William will marry anytime soon. Only if they stuck it out another two more years and act mature, without the usual pictures of them falling drunk out of clubs and her waiting without any real job and hobby besides him, can I see any royal wedding between these two couple.

I also agree that we should not expect a wedding for these two,any time soon.And didn't Edward and Sophie date for many years before they married?
Old 10-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by misselle View Post
I also agree that we should not expect a wedding for these two,any time soon.And didn't Edward and Sophie date for many years before they married?
A lot of people thought he was gay...no?
Old 10-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
A lot of people thought he was gay...no?
Yeah, until Sophie said "My Edward is noy gay."
Old 10-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by neners View Post
I'm not saying that kate isn't "The One." I'm saying that between these two relationships there are four completely different people involved. The situations that they're facing are different. The times are different. So don't take the outcome of one and apply it to another like some algebraical formula because I don't think that does anyone justice.
That all four people are different and that the times are different is correct, neners. We can not take the outcome of one to apply to another. But the military training and some of William's characteristics in my opinion are very similar to his father at the same age. I feel that children are shaped in part by their family situation growing up. And we all know William and Harry's family situation. So I hope Prince William will think things out about Kate and not make the same mistake his dad did.

Tags
kate middleton, prince william