The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Aristocracy

Talking wouldn't leave house without being put together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
A major generalisation I would say. Many women are not quite as superificial.....
Oh, come down to Georgia (or anywhere in the deep South of the USA)--many women wouldn't DREAM of leaving the house without hair done, face done and my mom just considers herself "nekkid" without all of that plus cologne. I will wear jeans (which my grandma would have never considered wearing) but I won't leave the house without light makeup--even if it is only face powder.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

But many women in the South would indeed leave the house without any makeup at all. My grandparents came from a strict southern Baptist upbringing where makeup and pierced ears were considered sinful for women so my grandmother never wore makeup and never let her daughters wear makeup.

My mother trained as an athlete and later as a girls basketball coach and she didn't wear makeup until her children were grown. Athletes tend to sweat a lot and the mascara runs, the foundation smears all over your clothes, etc. Makeup's longevity in such a situation leaves a lot to be desired and so most the of athletes she trained with did without makeup except for a little bit of lipstick on special occasions.

Its hard to generalize. If makeup makes what you're doing better, then its worth it. If it makes what you're doing more problematic, its better left at home.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 10-17-2007, 09:25 AM
Royal Highness

i think it's all down to simply a matter of what you like. catherine obviously likes to "have her face on" when she leaves the house. now whether she's always done this or not we don't know but if she left the house not looking the way we're use to seeing her we'd all be saying how plain she was and "couldn't she put some makeup on once in a while...she knows she's going to have her picture taken". we're just never happy.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Peter admits to relief over him and Autumn being 'left alone'

Peter Phillips feels lucky that he and Autumn haven't had the same attention as William and Kate
Old 10-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
i think it's all down to simply a matter of what you like. catherine obviously likes to "have her face on" when she leaves the house. now whether she's always done this or not we don't know but if she left the house not looking the way we're use to seeing her we'd all be saying how plain she was and "couldn't she put some makeup on once in a while...she knows she's going to have her picture taken". we're just never happy.

I agree. I'm the same way. I can't leave the house without make-up on, even if it's just powder and eyeliner. That's the bare minimum for me; if I'm going some place fancy or it's a big event, I'll put more on. I just like the confidence I get knowing I'm out in the world and I'm looking my best.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 10-18-2007, 06:36 AM
Heir Apparent

she looks so happy in those last photos taken in London!!
Her style, black, high boots and a top! Lovely!
Old 10-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Serene Highness

Here is some new pics of kate taken yesterday night! she was in a club with her sister in london. pics are from WENN photo library:
WENN Photo Library

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 10-18-2007, 11:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cécile76 View Post
Here is some new pics of kate taken yesterday night! she was in a club with her sister in london. pics are from WENN photo library:
WENN Photo Library
The usual thing:
* Kate goes clubbing around the VIP area, this time at The Raffles
* What a surprise, there are paparazzi and, oh my god, they have cameras and dare to take pictures
* Prepared for the unexpected, Kate trys to hide her face and gives the paps the most annoying look whilst her sister does some important phone calls

I just love the Kate Show. To be seen at least twice a week and only more exciting when she is joined by her squiffy boyfriend, the second in the line of the british throne.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Aristocracy

True enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
But many women in the South would indeed leave the house without any makeup at all.
That's true also--my other grandmother never wore makeup until later in life and there are many who also subscribe to the no makeup, long hair, and modest dressing including no pants on women, only dresses.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picmajik View Post
That's true also--my other grandmother never wore makeup until later in life and there are many who also subscribe to the no makeup, long hair, and modest dressing including no pants on women, only dresses.
No insult intended - here in the UK pants are undergarments (knickers, pants, panties, thongs, etc)!
Old 10-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The usual thing:
* Kate goes clubbing around the VIP area, this time at The Raffles
* What a surprise, there are paparazzi and, oh my god, they have cameras and dare to take pictures
* Prepared for the unexpected, Kate trys to hide her face and gives the paps the most annoying look whilst her sister does some important phone calls

I just love the Kate Show. To be seen at least twice a week and only more exciting when she is joined by her squiffy boyfriend, the second in the line of the british throne.
You made me laugh
Doesn't she work during the week?Doesn't she has to wake up early in the morning to wrk at Jigsaw store?
Old 10-18-2007, 12:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
You made me laugh
Doesn't she work during the week?Doesn't she has to wake up early in the morning to wrk at Jigsaw store?
Does she work at all? I can't keep track if she is still with Jigsaw or already starting her career as a photographer (at least she already is familiar with cameras).
Old 10-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Shes Changing Careers shes in the process anyway probably until she is engaged to William
Old 10-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
The Windsors need someone that can fit into their life; not someone who goes against the establishment.
You do have a point when it comes for the women that can fit in the royals life, but if that women had certain morals (like loving animals and not killing them) I think the royal family certainly can understand.

Philip Elmer-Dewitt, in Time Magazine
Old 10-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Does she love William or Not? Who knows, but I guess she loves the attention, and you just gave them a great idea. The Kate show...that will boost her celebrity status.

Philip Elmer-Dewitt, in Time Magazine
Old 10-18-2007, 07:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR Princess View Post
You do have a point when it comes for the women that can fit in the royals life, but if that women had certain morals (like loving animals and not killing them) I think the royal family certainly can understand.

They surely wouldn't expect a woman who is an unwilling participant to hunt and kill an animal if she didn't want to, but William would probably think twice about spending the rest of his life with a woman that did not support his pursuits. His parents example is very present in his life/
Old 10-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Courtier

Weren't both Camilla and Charles pissed not too long ago cause they had to give up some animal to hunt; he wrote a letter that was leaked publicly and everything. I remember reading it in After Diana...I would say it is a pretty big part of their lives, sadly no animal activists allowed...LOL

Although dogs seem to be adored...
Old 10-18-2007, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
..I would say it is a pretty big part of their lives, sadly no animal activists allowed...LOL

Although dogs seem to be adored...
Small correction: Members of the royal family are patrons of charities involving animals' concerns. However, these concerns apparently don't conflict with any hunting practices. What people forget is that there are animal care charities that do not have anything relation to sport hunting.
The royal family by and large support hunting with dogs (the hunting ban of 2002 or 2003 ? bans the use of dogs in fox hunting) but that does not mean they aren't concerned about issues and problems like shelters and homeless animals, over-breeding, slaughter, and other animal cruelty practices. It's not a black and white matter. If someone likes fox hunting with dogs, they can also be dog lovers and concerned for how dogs around the world are treated.
I'm sorry for going off topic, though.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:20 PM

The hunting ban is still in place and now it seems to affect all kinds of other sports. Clarissa Dickson-Wright (The alive Fat Lady of 'Two' fame) recently got herself in court over hare coursing. But the RF don't always show a liking for their charities cause. I mean, the bird charity has Royal involvement but they love to shoot a few grouse and the Queen is patron of orchestras nation-wide but she's more a 50s teen pop gal than a Beethoven babe.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

BF, just to clarify, by coursing do you mean what we call drag hunts? When the scent is laid cross country for the hounds to follow without a kill at the end? It's usually urine or musk in the US.

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, prince william