Prince William and Catherine Middleton Current Events 8: November 2009-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling Her Majesty is standing there smiling and telling herself, "Finally, after all these years, the Monarchy is safe, and will be in good hands with William and Catherine."

I have no doubt. You can feel it. They really are the couple who will shore up the foundation, and keep secure the history.

I hope and pray they have a wonderful life together.
I think this is just the beginning for William and Kate. They have alot of work ahead of them. True, they have done a great job in recent days, but this is a lifetime of public work. William until recently has been very reluctant to do public work. Compare his public duties with that of the Prince of Wales when he was at that age.....BIG difference.
They made alot of mistakes with Diana, which I'm sure they don't want to repeat. I think William will be very protective of Kate, and that they will take on more duties as they get older.
this is a beautiful beginning for them, time will tell the rest.:flowers:

I loved watching the video of William and Cathering flipping pancakes, I loved how he put his arm on her back to ask her to flip the pancake how nice! They deff look super in love, and Catherine seems so at ease in her new role. :)

I have to agree with Lumutqueen. Nothing is "safe."

I am surprised that PW is being sent abroad (and so far abroad). Hope nothing happens while he's there. I hope KM doesn't freak out while he's gone.

Prince William might be taking time away from RAF before the wedding. In my opinion this is the only reason for the upcoming trip. Wish Catherine could go with him. Then after Canada they can settle down to married life and producing an heir.:lol:

I'm probably way off the mark here but I would imagine that during a lot of the public events Prince William has attended over the last few years, there's no doubt been a lot of people asking about when he's going to get married, how Catherine is etc. etc. which has probably put him under pressure. Now that they are engaged and have announced to the world their intentions, perhaps he is a lot more relaxed?? (Although of course there are going to be new pressures now that they are engaged and once they are married e.g. when are you going to have a baby!!)

I have to agree with Lumutqueen. Nothing is "safe."

I am surprised that PW is being sent abroad (and so far abroad). Hope nothing happens while he's there. I hope KM doesn't freak out while he's gone.

While I agree with the first sentence, I wonder why KM would freak out because he's gone. Would she "lose it" because he's down under and the wedding is so nearby?
Let us hope for and assume the best/most positive (not saying that you don't ;)) :).

I'm probably way off the mark here but I would imagine that during a lot of the public events Prince William has attended over the last few years, there's no doubt been a lot of people asking about when he's going to get married, how Catherine is etc. etc. which has probably put him under pressure. Now that they are engaged and have announced to the world their intentions, perhaps he is a lot more relaxed?? (Although of course there are going to be new pressures now that they are engaged and once they are married e.g. when are you going to have a baby!!)

Once they are married the media will have the "is there a little one on the way already?" question on speed dial! :lol:
A bit shameful imo, let them enjoy the first months/years of marriage first. And at the same time that question is to be expected, especially in royal circles.
Still, they should do it their way and they appear to be doing just that as much as they can!

Once they are married the media will have the "is there a little one on the way already?" question on speed dial! :lol:
A bit shameful imo, let them enjoy the first months/years of marriage first. And at the same time that question is to be expected, especially in royal circles.
Still, they should do it their way and they appear to be doing just that as much as they can!

I really hope that they continue to do what they want to do (although I have often thought that they didn't want to get engaged/married until they were ready to have a family, as they knew there would no doubt be pressure for that as soon as they were married)

While I think it would be great for them to go together, I actually think that she will LOVE to have a break (from the pressures of more public appearances). She must have a million and one things to do and time is going by so quickly so I think this will give her a little break and hopefully she can get some rest and de-stress. I read an article that said she is having panic attacks from all of the stress of the preparations and if this is the case I feel so incredibly sorry for her. I had panic attacks for years (similarly before and also after I got married) and they can be debilitating. They make it so much more difficult to have to deal with all your normal life stresses and also handle the panic attacks. I hope she can get some rest, healthy food, and do some meditation or yoga or something similar.

With regard to babies, I think they will try right away. While she isn't old at all, it might take them a while (you never know!) to get pregnant and I assume they want at least 2 kids so I think they will try pretty soon after the wedding. Plus, having known each other for so long, it's not like they have to take time to get to know each other better or anything. Although, marriage is definitely different than just dating, IMO. Especially, I'd imagine, a royal marriage!

Precisely. But his father was, as you say, The Prince of Wales. Prince William is still waiting for that high-profile role.

Compare his public duties with that of the Prince of Wales when he was at that age.....BIG difference.

Let's try to stay on topic...the current events of William and Kate.

There is no need to talk about future children.

I have a feeling Her Majesty is standing there smiling and telling herself, "Finally, after all these years, the Monarchy is safe, and will be in good hands with William and Catherine."

I have no doubt. You can feel it. They really are the couple who will shore up the foundation, and keep secure the history.

Quite!

I am also very happy for Prince William. He's facing a lifetime of public duties and appearances, and eventually taking the Throne(s), and he now has someone to share his journey with, someone who truly love him for the person he is, not the position that he is in and will be (a Prince, eventually Heir Apparent and Prince of Wales and finally King). From all signs, it appears Catherine truly love him and want to help him in his life's journey.

Let's just not bother them about children....yet. ;) :ROFLMAO:

Hear, hear!! :flowers:

LadyAnn, the video is blocked for other regions. damn it!
is there another link?

I believe also that, this occasion will be a much more serious one, not that the other engagements weren't, but still it will be a more tricky environment. William is more used to it. I'm sure they will go visit Australia and NZ as a couple eventually :) .

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no interest in dramatizations featuring living people. Seems a waste of time to me. HOWEVER, I hope it is enjoyable to interested persons.

I have no interest in dramatizations featuring living people. Seems a waste of time to me. HOWEVER, I hope it is enjoyable to interested persons.

I always feel the same like where do they get this info from ...but I fear I will be left with out a choice on this one and just have to watch..;)

I will watch the movie as a work of fiction, nothing else :)

Too skinny , too fat, too skinny, too fat. That seems to be the only way the media operates when it comes to women. It's a shame that these people think they're doing a service by pointing out someones weight and applying pressure to meet their expectations.

Too skinny , too fat, too skinny, too fat. That seems to be the only way the media operates when it comes to women. It's a shame that these people think they're doing a service by pointing out someones weight and applying pressure to meet their expectations.

I agree and I suppose that when taking those standards, I am too thin as well while there is nothing wrong with me. IMO, Catherine is just slender.

I agree and I suppose that when taking those standards, I am too thin as well while there is nothing wrong with me. IMO, Catherine is just slender.

Absolutely agree. When I read or hear about people making these comments I always wish that they would provide a picture of themselves accompanying their comments.

It brings to mind the comments of co-worker who kept saying that another co-worker was anorexic (she was only nicely slender) while at the time stuffing her very pudgy face/body with pastries.
:ROFLMAO:

Well, I think people will tend to worry about Kate losing weight because of the issues William's mother had. It's normal for women to try to lose weight before their wedding (wanting to look their best and all), but Kate was not heavy before. She is the type of woman who looks older as it is so losing weight is doing her no favors. If she was good enough to be with William for all these years, and to propose to, there's no need to lose weight.

I don't see any problem with William doing trips/engagements alone. I think Kate could be hidden away a little before the wedding, and have the wedding day as her "coming out" time. They are not a thrilling couple and could use some mystery and excitement getting closer to the day. Make people be all excited to see her/them.

They are not a thrilling couple and could use some mystery and excitement getting closer to the day. Make people be all excited to see her/them.

Don't know about them not being a thrilling couple, but the mystery part is why I'm happy we *don't* know anything regarding The Dress. Amazed in this day and age there hasn't been a leak yet, but at the same time here we are almost a month and a half out from Wedding Day and look at all the articles from this week alone!!

Now if the miraculous happens and all the details remain "under wraps" until the morning of April 29th, can you imagine how excited everyone will be for that first glimpse of Kate? It will at even more of a fever pitch than it is now. :)

I'm referring to the DM article about Kate losing too much weight for the wedding day.

Aah! Quite right, but I suspect it is always a slow news day for the DM, judging by the drivel they push out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom