The Duke of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^^^^^^^
See above, came in an hour ago ;)

William seems to be more popular than Catherine from what I can see, I guess that's to be expected.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^
See above, came in an hour ago ;)

William seems to be more popular than Catherine from what I can see, I guess that's to be expected.

Oops, I didn't even see that. Thanks Lumutqueen.

Here is a different situation,I suppose.Prince Charles never enjoyed such a popularity as William does.I suppose Kate and William will be equally popular.
You are kidding aren't you? When Charles was young and single he was far, far more popular than William is now. He was The Prince of Wales and he really was the bee's knees. Andrew was too young to give him any competition.

Why must everything be a comparison/compeititon?

This is not the Charles and Diana thread but the William and Catherine thread.

You are kidding aren't you? When Charles was young and single he was far, far more popular than William is now. He was The Prince of Wales and he really was the bee's knees. Andrew was too young to give him any competition.

The whole monarchy was more popular back them. it's unfair to compare both of them , IMO.
William has a great amount of charm, and Catherine will be a great asset

Nice turn out!
Getty Images - Browser non supportato rilevato

Last edited:
The whole monarchy was more popular back them. it's unfair to compare both of them , IMO.
William has a great amount of charm, and Catherine will be a great asset

Nice turn out!
Getty Images - Browser non supportato rilevato

Wow! Can't say they aren't generating public interest considering the size of the crowds that have gathered at both events. Kate is doing a remarkable job thus far. She seems at ease and warm with the public. Now that she is out of the shadows, I think everyone is quite surprised and impressed at how confident and natural she is at this. I know I am!

She looks great at the university - hair down is definitely her signature look. They make a great pair and seem to work well together.

Wow! Can't say they aren't generating public interest considering the size of the crowds that have gathered at both events. Kate is doing a remarkable job thus far. She seems at ease and warm with the public. Now that she is out of the shadows, I think everyone is quite surprised and impressed at how confident and natural she is at this. I know I am!

Now that Ms. Middleton is out of the shadows it does not surprise me that she is confident and a natural at the "princess job". If she can always smile in photos for the last 8 or so years I just knew she would do a wonderful job with Prince William.:flowers:

BBC 24 has it on right now, the commentator is comparing them to Diana and Charles when the crowd screamed for Diana and ignored Charles.

Was it really that way or was that what was reported in the papers?

But even if it happened that way: The difference is that Diana was such a young lady while Charles already was a well-established man far older than her. No wonder this young fairytale princess drew the crowds. Especially as she worked with the media instead of ignoring them.

William and Catherine will age together and I don't see Catherine doing anything to upstage William. On the contrary, she has shown that she knows exactly how to avoid the media and how to keep the public focused on the idea of William and her as a team. She certainly is not playing for the ranks but does a good job on being friendly and dignified.

Was it really that way or was that what was reported in the papers?

I don't know whether to answer or not, but it wasn't reported. I heard it live on BBC News 24, they were walking around and the newsreader said "this reminds me of when Charles and Diana used to go on walk abouts and the crowds used to scream for Diana and Charles (the oldy) would be ignored" - that was the jist of it. I'll try and find a clip or something.

Has that been mentioned anywhere?:)

The Telegraph article that someone linked earlier mentioned that they would be there.

Today (FRI) they will travel to the University of St Andrews, where they met as students in 2001, and where the Prince will formally be announced as patron of the 600th Anniversary Appeal.

They are also expected to join Prince Harry at New Zealand House in London to sign a book of condolence for victims of the earthquake.
Also, Richard Palmer tweeted that they would be signing the book today.

RoyalReporter Richard Palmer
Kate Middleton will see the other side of royal duties later, joining William and Harry signing a condolence book for NZ quake victims.

Ahhh thank you for the quotes, that's a very nice gesture of the boys and Catherine. Charles signed it yesterday I think as well.

You're welcome. :)

I just saw the video of Charles signing the book and meeting with staff. I definitely agree that it's a very a nice gesture.

Last edited:
Lenora said:
Here is a different situation,I suppose.Prince Charles never enjoyed such a popularity as William does.I suppose Kate and William will be equally popular.

Yes and this only Kate's second official royal engagement (maybe 3rd) so she is still new and exciting- plp will probably always love them but I just mean right now it's a feeling of oh new blood and how exciting romantic .....so of course they're excited maybe a bit more for her then him but it will settle back to equals I am sure... Or even if she remains more popular I think William can handle it! ;)

Last edited:
William is just soo gorgeous thanks for all the posts and videos just love it . The red suit looked really pretty and I do like Kate's little hand bag choices.

I'm sorry but is it wrong I wanna cry I dunno why tbh I just feel SO happy and proud my god I'm going to be a bloody mess on wedding day if this how I am now!
Me TOO! And I am kind of struggling to figure out why!? I am not British - although my husband is - and was only 10 when Diana was married so I didn't even watch that on TV or anything (although I loved to read books and magazines about her). But I'm finding my fascination (obsession??) with these two kind of bizarre and I can't figure it out. At first I was kind of on the fence about how I felt about the two of them or whether I even cared...but now I read every article that comes along and love looking at the pictures and videos. (*embarrassed voice* I am even considering buying a tiara to wear while watching the wedding. my husband thinks I have lost my mind.) OMG, I am 40...I feel WAY too old for this...but I kind of can't help myself! Maybe I should stop trying to figure it out and just go along with the flow as it's so much fun!

Anyway, sorry for my confession, back on topic. As others have mentioned, I also feel a (bizarre, for me since it's not as if they are my children/niece/nephew) sense of pride when I saw their boat launch and walkabout yesterday and also the photos from today. I think Kate is doing a wonderful job so far and love all of the smiles and warm looks between the two of them. I grew up without a dad so it makes me sad that Diana is dead and can't see her son moving onto this new stage in his life, but aside from that sad thought, W&K look great and very happy, and...is it April 29 yet???

^ What a nice video... Kate seems very outgoing & friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom