Prince William and Catherine Middleton Current Events 8: November 2009-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

Not much is known about Catherine but a few things are:
- she may be allergic to horses but she has no problems with long-distance flights. (recall her holidays in the Caribbean and Kenya?)
- she is considered by some as "lazy" but she has stamina when it comes to nightly outings...
- she is described as a friendly, even bubbly personality, thus outgoing but very well mannered: perfect for meeting new people all the time.
- she has never attracted "faux friends" even though she has for years had a VIP-relationship: thus she obviously knows where to limit closeness to foreigners.
- she speaks several languages and has an academic degree while OTOH being popular with former co-workers: thus she has a gift to connect to all kinds of people.
- she is said to like children, dogs and flowers.....

she speaks several languages? which ones?

I don't think Kate speaks really well any foreign language,but I guess she has a good working knowledge of some foreign languages,especially French or Italian

I think it would be awesome if she chose to learn some Welsh. She will be a princess of Wales, and then hopefully The Princess of Wales, plus she'll be living in Wales while William continues his RAF training, so it wouldn't be a fruitless endeavor.

I've read numerous stories (though no guarantee there's the slightest truth in them of course ;) ) that both Kate & William were learning Welsh to some degree, at the very least picking it up a bit just by being where they are in Wales. Personally I love the Welsh language, I can only read & speak a little but always keep meaning to improve my Welsh one day.

I know it's the Daily Mail, but the information seems accurate. Apparently, the couple is about to portrayed by actors for the first time in a docudrama:

Prince William and Kate Middleton actors seen for the first time as royal couple | Mail Online

Unfortunately, I do not think either actor resembles the actual couple, and what's worse, their bearing looks more SoCal than British (just my opinion). Certainly that oversized blue sweater and big pointy collar do not correspond to my image of Prince William.

He does look more like Harry like the Mail says.

I know it's the Daily Mail, but the information seems accurate. Apparently, the couple is about to portrayed by actors for the first time in a docudrama:

Prince William and Kate Middleton actors seen for the first time as royal couple | Mail Online

Unfortunately, I do not think either actor resembles the actual couple, and what's worse, their bearing looks more SoCal than British (just my opinion). Certainly that oversized blue sweater and big pointy collar do not correspond to my image of Prince William.

Looks like a cheezy, cheap, poorly acted, thrown together production. Excuse me....they are filming at a UCLA campus? If they can't even film in Scottland or England, you know it's going to be low budget. Where is A&E when you need them? :bang:

He does look more like Harry like the Mail says.
I agree. I also think the actress is rather short isn't Kate 5'10 or 5'11. This girl from what I looked up is not even 5'7. It might have been a nice role for a taller then average girl to get.

today is the boat naming event? or tomorrow (the 25th)?

today is the boat naming event? or tomorrow (the 25th)?

Today, they are going to St. Andrews tomorrow.

Does anyone have an idea at what time today's event will take place?

Skippy, according to Skynews the event starts at 1:00.

SkyNewsHack Paul Harrison
#Royal – tweeting from royal visit to lifeboat station today will be troublesome – virtually no mobile signal! Watch it live on Sky News 1pm

Oops, I see rossop answered already.

According to Richard Palmer, so far there are around 500 people waiting to see them. He also said that Kate is expected to do her first walkabout today.

If anyone is in the US, the Today Show just said they were going to show some of the event.

Last edited:
BBC just had a live report from Angelsey & event isn't starting yet, just doing build up etc. Crowds are there though already. 2pm appears to be the expected time of everything starting.

May want to switch it on in the background a few mins earlier...guy on tv just said they're expected to arrive in 20mins ;)

I just realized I can only watch Sky News International on my laptop which only seems to repeat the same thing - minus any Anglesey news.

Any chance for me to watch from Europe?

Oh not sure, obviously being in UK the BBC works fine for me but not for those outside UK. Not sure about live stream websites for news channels I'm afraid...you could maybe try ITV1 (http://www.itv.com/watchitv/), they're showing something of the event too but no idea if their website video works outside UK.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're there, shaking hands, talking to officials etc. Kate's got her hair tied back & I don't think she is wearing THE boots :p Love her coat.

according to other tweets she is singing both anthems: Welsh and British

BBC News - Royal wedding: William and Kate arrive in Anglesey
Royal wedding: William and Kate arrive in Anglesey

Prince William and Kate Middleton have arrived on Anglesey for their first official engagement as a couple.
Hundreds of people gathered to welcome the couple who are the guests of honour at an event to name a new RNLI lifeboat at Trearddur Bay.
A palace spokesman said the couple asked for their first joint engagement to be on Anglesey, where they have a home.

Another tweet from Richard Palmer: "Kate looks self-assured, like she's enjoying herself."

Catherine looks great and is having fun meeting people and singing the anthems. What a beautiful, sunny smile she has - with charming dimples. :flowers:

Prince William and Kate Middleton arrive at lifeboat station for first joint Royal engagement | Mail Online

Prince William and Kate Middleton arrive at lifeboat station for first joint Royal engagement

Prince William and Kate Middleton have arrived at an RNLI lifeboat station for their first public appearance.

The couple smiled and waved to a jubilant crowd of hundreds gathered at Trearddur Bay in Anglesey, North Wales, where the attending a service of dedication for a new vessel before meeting well-wishers later.
The couple joined in with a hymn shortly after their arrival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom