Prince William and Catherine Middleton Current Events 8: November 2009-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get too excited! ;) It's the Obama's coming over to the UK for a state visit in late May (think that was the dates). Pretty much confirms they won't be invited to the wedding in many people's views too as that'd be 2 visits in 2 months for them.

I was thinking the same thing, but a state visit totally makes up for any no MichelleObama-in-a-hat at the wedding. I can't wait to see what Michelle wears. Just realized though, Wills and Kate will be on honeymoon most likely and probably wont partake in the USA visit. There I was thinking we would see Kate twice in tiaras in the span of month of becoming a princess.

I can't remember William ever being involved in a State event. I think that the most formal events have been family ones, such as his grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary.

Lol, your trip would have to be all the way to London in this case! Plus since it's a proper state visit the main focus will surely be Obamas/Queen & PP...maybe William & Kate will turn up for a dinner or something, maybe they won't even make an appearance at all. Has William ever done anything with regards to a state visit before? Has he been to the dinners or any event like that? I know Charles, Anne etc have turned up to a few but never noticed William to be involved yet as such.

I was thinking the same thing, but a state visit totally makes up for any no MichelleObama-in-a-hat at the wedding. I can't wait to see what Michelle wears. Just realized though, Wills and Kate will be on honeymoon most likely and probably wont partake in the USA visit. There I was thinking we would see Kate twice in tiaras in the span of month of becoming a princess.

Kate and William will be back in the UK before the visit in late May. They are only going on honeymoon for a couple of weeks. William has to get back to work.

There I was thinking we would see Kate twice in tiaras in the span of month of becoming a princess.

I think the only likelihood we have of seeing Catherine in a tiara is if she attends the state dinner for the Obama's when they visit. It is unvlear if they will attend as William has previously never attended a state dinner.

Catherine is not expected to wear a tiara in Canada. The only lady from the BRF who typically wears tiaras abroad is HM.

:previous: I seem to remember a picture of Sarah wearing her tiara when she came to London. She was in a Red/White evening dress. Does anyone else remember that?

I will see if I can find any of Diana doing the same when she first visited Canada.

I think the only likelihood we have of seeing Catherine in a tiara is if she attends the state dinner for the Obama's when they visit. It is unvlear if they will attend as William has previously never attended a state dinner.

Catherine is not expected to wear a tiara in Canada. The only lady from the BRF who typically wears tiaras abroad is HM.

Well, from what I recall, Diana and Fergie both wore tiaras during the visits to Canada and other commonwealth countries. I'm pretty sure the Countess of Wessex even wore a tiara during her visit, but recently it seems like they've stopped wearing them at simply official banquets. But maybe that trend will change...

not just odd-sick. That artist has some sexual problems.:sad:

I don't find it either odd or sick. It is art. Art is subjective. I think it is rather nice and Kate looks very pretty...at least it isn't a photo.

If I'm not mistaken, Kate does have a belly ring. Before everyone goes wild, it was some time ago and may or may not have been a reputable source. However, they were all the rage when she was in college.

Last edited:
I don't find it either odd or sick. It is art. Art is subjective. I think it is rather nice and Kate looks very pretty...at least it isn't a photo.

Wow, I agree on this one. I think it is a nice artistic expression and display.

:) Do Prince William have an facebook account of Twitter account that he chats on or even an emial address that they go to

Carmen, I don't believe William has a twitter account. He might go on facebook, but I imagine those type of accounts are kept very private.

Skippy, thanks for the official consent documents.

I found it odd that he would paint her dressed in that fashion and with a Navel piercing..but i thought the photo last week with both William and Kate punked out was odd too... I agree she looks pretty.

Just can from the grocery store. At check out one magazine had the Queen abdicating for Prince William if he marries and two other magazines portray the Duchess of Cornwall as a horror to Catherine.:ohmy:

Has anyone else seen these magazines?

Last edited:
Just can from the grocery store. At check out one magazine had the Queen abdicating from Prince William if he marries and two othermagazines portray the Duchess of Cornwall has a horror to Catherine.:ohmy:

Seriously, wow and I thought the DM was OTT. :lol::lol:

Just can from the grocery store. At check out one magazine had the Queen abdicating for Prince William if he marries and two other magazines portray the Duchess of Cornwall as a horror to Catherine.:ohmy:

Hmmm... must have missed those. Was scanning the one stating "Elvis to sing at Royal Wedding" :D

Hmmm... must have missed those. Was scanning the one stating "Elvis to sing at Royal Wedding" :D

Well Elvis isn't dead, you know that right? ;)
And we do have Danish baby Elvis too. :whistling::ROFLMAO:

I know nothing about Prince William and Facebook, but the Court Circular has a great Facebook page.

Which just shows what the magazines know - the Queen has no control over who succeeds her and so if she abdicated it would be in the full knowledge that Charles would succeed her.

The stories about Camilla were in one of our women's magazines last year or the year before - about Camilla fearing Kate would become Queen and that she wouldn't and that Camilla was advising William against marrying Kate etc etc

Which just shows what the magazines know - the Queen has no control over who succeeds her and so if she abdicated it would be in the full knowledge that Charles would succeed her.

The stories about Camilla were in one of our women's magazines last year or the year before - about Camilla fearing Kate would become Queen and that she wouldn't and that Camilla was advising William against marrying Kate etc etc

:lol: And yet how many times in other magazines etc have we read that Camilla is a great supporter of Kate & welcomes her in & advises more than any other RF member etc etc. I even remember reading something a few years back that Camilla was actively looking to encourage William & Kate to get married asap so that they could step up & take the "mantle" of the main RF couple so she could put her feet up & relax & not have to do so many engagements as she disliked doing them or something, lol. Hee...gotta love the tabloid press & their inconsistencies! :p

Today I saw a portuguese magazine saying the wedding was rushed because Charles has Alzheimer and hence William would become king. The frontpage headline read: "Kate Middleton: Disease Makes her Queen".

Today I saw a portuguese magazine saying the wedding was rushed because Charles has Alzheimer and hence William would become king. The frontpage headline read: "Kate Middleton: Disease Makes her Queen".

Poor Charles- he's in his early sixties and the press has him with one foot in the grave already! He's such a health fanatic that he'll probably live another twenty years. At least! :lol:

Actually, Mirabel, I think they meant him to be senile and not really dead. Though considering Alzheimer (my grandma has it) I wouldn't know what I would prefer. Even if Charles had it, he would still be king, only William would act as regent. But I don't think accuracy was this magazine's editor main concern. Probably a slow news week and a desperate need to put Kate Middleton on the front cover.

Let's get back on topic. The actual current events of William and Catherine.

:previous: I seem to remember a picture of Sarah wearing her tiara when she came to London. She was in a Red/White evening dress. Does anyone else remember that?

I will see if I can find any of Diana doing the same when she first visited Canada.

Diana, Sarah and Sophie have all worn tiaras during their respective visits to Canada for either the State Dinner hosted by the Govt of Canada or a Banquet hosted by the Province they were visiting. The picture you're thinking of Zonk was from Sarah and Andrew's first visit to Canada IIRC.

One of my favourite pictures of Diana wearing the Cambridge Lovers Knot Tiara is from the State Dinner in Ottawa during the 83 Visit. She's wearing that white dress w/the "folds" on the bodice front and small lace on the neckline border.

So the likehood of seeing Kate in a Tiara in June/July here in Canada is pretty good IMO. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom