Prince William and Catherine Middleton Current Events 8: November 2009-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope William & Kate appear at the BAFTA award ceremony. We have seen so little of them since the engagement announcement.:sad: I understand he is working, she's busy with wedding stuff & they want to keep a fairly low profile BUT a few more appearances would be lovely. Are there any scheduled before the big day? On a related point, I am surprised we haven't had any further published pics from the Testino session. There must be more on the way surely?

I think that the two we've seen are going to be the only ones made public. The other ones taken I presume will remain in the private collection of William and Kate.

If true, good for her! I remember reading somewhere that the Queen is fluent in French. I wonder what other languages she speaks? Did William learn languages in school?

Well it is compulsory to learn at least one foreign language up to a point (GCSE) in British schools (usually French or German, though he went to private schools & they have a tendency to include compulsory Latin lessons up to a certain age & offer a wider range of possible languages to choose from, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Greek etc). That said just because you learned it in school up to GCSE level in no way guarantees that you could be considered fluent, or even vaguely skilled at, that language. I know I did many years of French lessons at school & now could barely even scrape together the smallest of conversations with a French speaker. :ermm:

From the VANCOUVERSUN : It has also emerged that Miss Middleton is receiving instruction on public speaking ahead of her wedding, and she has been learning French and Spanish. "Kate has been happy to get some guidance on public speaking," said a friend. "The French and Spanish lessons were very much her own idea, though.

At the end of the paper it's indicated ... Copyright "The Telegraph"

Good for Kate!

I did six years of conversational French. I can read a bit of it, and I can have in my mind what to say; but when I'm in Quebec and go to order something off a menu, I freeze.;)

I know I did many years of French lessons at school & now could barely even scrape together the smallest of conversations with a French speaker. :ermm:

I really hope William & Kate appear at the BAFTA award ceremony. We have seen so little of them since the engagement announcement.:sad: I understand he is working, she's busy with wedding stuff & they want to keep a fairly low profile BUT a few more appearances would be lovely. Are there any scheduled before the big day? On a related point, I am surprised we haven't had any further published pics from the Testino session. There must be more on the way surely?

Neither William and certainly not Kate are fully fledged royals, I don't see why we should see them any more than we already have. Nothing has changed except Kate has a ring on her finger.

Nothing has been schedueled, I doubt we'll see much of them. Maybe a walk around and another interview and some private "nights out".

Must be? Why must there be? They chose to release those two pictures, the next official ones will be at the wedding. They obviously chose the best two, and that's that.

I agree, but I do understand where Elly C is coming from. I think it comes from a feeling of that they have been living in the shadows for so long and now that they are officially together, they "should" emerge a bit more.

I assume that the feeling will be satisfied on the wedding day, we will see plenty of them on April 29th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither William and certainly not Kate are fully fledged royals...
You don't consider the son of the Prince of Wales to be a "fuly fledged royal" ... ??????? are you joking?

You don't consider the son of the Prince of Wales to be a "fuly fledged royal" ... ??????? are you joking?

Certainly not when it comes to royal duties. I think he does the least out of the lot, and that's because of his RAF training. When he has finished that, he will then become a fully fledged royal with nothing else on his plate so he can focus on his duties.

Well it is compulsory to learn at least one foreign language up to a point (GCSE) in British schools (usually French or German

It wasn't compulsory in the high school my sister is attending. From Year 10 onwards you could choose what extra subjects you did, and it didn't have to include a language.

Really? I'm dismayed. I may not have enjoyed learning languages but I always thought it was a good thing to do & having 1 GCSE in a foreign language should be compulsory. When I did GCSEs you had to do English, Maths, Religious Studies, at least 1 foreign language, Science (could be triple or double), 1 of either Geography or History & then the rest you could pick & choose as to your own interests. Didn't realise they'd changed from that setup, I feel old & out of touch now. :ermm: :p

Yes truly an ugly waxwork! I have always been amazed at how lifelike waxworks are but this one looks like a store mannequin and not at all representative of Prince William.

Not 'fully fledged royals?' Must be a joke! Oh, I see what you mean - functionally speaking but definitely a royal in person and come April - Kate will be one too.

Forthcoming joint engagements by William & Catherine

As per the Telegraph, it was announced that the couple would be paying an official visit together later this month to the university where they met.
Prince William is also to take on the role of patron of St Andrews University's 600th Anniversary appeal.
On the Thursday, February 24, the couple will attend a naming ceremony and service of dedication of the Hereford Endeavour lifeboat at Trearddur Bay Lifeboat Station on Anglesey, where RAF rescue helicopter pilot William is based.
The official visits are not the first the couple have made together since their wedding announcement.
They attended a Teenage Cancer Trust concert in Norfolk in December

Prince William: best man to be brother Harry - Telegraph

I'm wondering if this time we'll have a chance to see Kate interacting a bit more with the public unlike last time when it was freezing cold and they didn't stop

As per the Telegraph, it was announced that the couple would be paying an official visit together later this month to the university where they met.
Prince William is also to take on the role of patron of St Andrews University's 600th Anniversary appeal.
On the Thursday, February 24, the couple will attend a naming ceremony and service of dedication of the Hereford Endeavour lifeboat at Trearddur Bay Lifeboat Station on Anglesey, where RAF rescue helicopter pilot William is based.
This is brilliant news. Just the sort of low key engagement which should help ease Catherine into her forthcoming role.
However press coverage will be far from low key!

What I like about these engagements is that they are not only special to the causes involved having the Prince and Miss Middleton there but also that they have special meanings for the couple.

I can imagine returning to St. Andrews will be a time of reminiscing for both William and Kate as they spent years together there and it is where they met and feel a sense of specialness about St. Andrews and not that they're just returning alumni that happen to be royal.

With the new lifeboat, as stated in the article, having William there is not only special because of his royal status, but also that he is a colleague working to help save lives and like any other RAF wife/girlfriend, Kate is proud of what her prince does.

This type of engagement is what I expect to see William and Kate doing over the next two-three years as they start on their lives together and gradually work into their roles as a royal couple.

Nice to see them doing things in Wales (where they are living/working primarily for presumably the next few years) & Scotland/St.Andrews (where they met). Hopefully they'll continue to do the odd little engagement here & there & slowly build it up over the next few months/years. :)

Perfect choice for their next engagements. Not only is it special to them, but is a lovely connection for all concerned.

Can't wait to see the pictures coming up. :)

Confirmation/announcement of Canada trip expected tomorrow.

CBC News - Canada - Prince William, Kate to visit Canada in June, July

An official from Canada said late Tuesday the newlyweds will travel across the country from the end of June to mid-July.

The two will take part in Canada Day celebrations in Ottawa on July 1. Their stay will also include a trip to the Arctic.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Governor General David Johnston will make the announcement on Wednesday.

Apparently June 30-July 8.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to cry of happiness tomorrow *crossing fingers for Vancouver to be one of their stops*

jdcharlie you are too terrific to have find this article regarding the confirmation of the canadian trip. Ghost you are so lucky to live in canada!!!

can't wait...hope i'll make it to this one!

Wait? Did I miss something? Kate and William are coming to USA ? On a State visit? But he's not a head of state- ? I most have missed this announcement

Don't get too excited! ;) It's the Obama's coming over to the UK for a state visit in late May (think that was the dates). Pretty much confirms they won't be invited to the wedding in many people's views too as that'd be 2 visits in 2 months for them.

rossop7 said:
Don't get too excited! ;) It's the Obama's coming over to the UK for a state visit in late May (think that was the dates). Pretty much confirms they won't be invited to the wedding in many people's views too as that'd be 2 visits in 2 months for them.

Ok thank you! I was excited for a minute, almost started packing my suitcase to get to where they'd be lol :)

Ok thank you! I was excited for a minute, almost started packing my suitcase to get to where they'd be lol :)

Lol, your trip would have to be all the way to London in this case! Plus since it's a proper state visit the main focus will surely be Obamas/Queen & PP...maybe William & Kate will turn up for a dinner or something, maybe they won't even make an appearance at all. Has William ever done anything with regards to a state visit before? Has he been to the dinners or any event like that? I know Charles, Anne etc have turned up to a few but never noticed William to be involved yet as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom