Prince William and Catherine Middleton Current Events 8: November 2009-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
want to see her clothes!! it looks like the top of the dress is very sheer?

For a wedding, she looks like she's going to a fashion designers funeral.

Nah, Just looks like she's dressed for a winter's evening in January. The shoes are seriously great though. I am a shoe fanatic! Love the pop of color

Last edited:
Perpare for the unloading of guns from those who think that 'sheer' is unsuitable for a future princess...

I think it's lovely to see them again and would like a better look at her outfit.

Not sure about the outfit, but I love the shoes.

For a wedding, she looks like she's going to a fashion designers funeral.

I suspect it may be to prevent any 'upstaging the bride' taking place.
On a bridal note: I think the bride, on a first quick glance, looks a bit like Kate Winslet :lol:

She isn't a princess yet, so IMO she can wear what she likes as long as it constitutes clothes.
I see nothing wrong with the outfit, I think it looks nice and suits her beautifully. However it isn't, IMO, appropriate for a wedding wear the bride looks so radiant.

She wore a nicer outfit to a wedding, a week or so before she became "officially" engaged, don't see why she would do any more upstaging now. She's still going to make the front page of Hello! and not the bride, so she could have worn something nicer.

She isn't a princess yet, so IMO she can wear what she likes as long as it constitutes clothes.
I see nothing wrong with the outfit, I think it looks nice and suits her beautifully. However it isn't, IMO, appropriate for a wedding wear the bride looks so radiant.

She wore a nicer outfit to a wedding, a week or so before she became "officially" engaged, don't see why she would do any more upstaging now. She's still going to make the front page of Hello! and not the bride, so she could have worn something nicer.

I agree about that she should wear whatever she likes as long as she isn't married yet, but imagine what happens to the cameras when she has a full dress up - you bet it would take attention away from the bridal couple.

I think she dresses so modestly to prevent that.

I agree about that she should wear whatever she likes as long as she isn't married yet, but imagine what happens to the cameras when she has a full dress up - you bet it would take attention away from the bridal couple.

I think she dresses so modestly to prevent that.

The cameras wouldn't be there in the first place if the royals weren't there. If they didn't want to take attention away from the bride, don't bother turning up or make less of a fuss when they arrive?
She's worn nicer outfits to weddings before, she's still made the front cover of Hello!, like she will for next weeks issue.
The only difference between this wedding appearance and her last one, is that she has a massive engagement ring on her finger.

Well I can't really judge her outfit or dress cause of the coat. She looks in good spirits though...and did I mention LOVE the shoes, lol

Last edited:
I'm not very sure about the dress, the shoes are Fabulous though.
is it just me or Kate seems thinner??

i didnt say sheer is unsuitable...i was just wondering and i think she looks great. no one is unloading guns, why are there so many critics here who pick at everything EVERYONE says?

Perpare for the unloading of guns from those who think that 'sheer' is unsuitable for a future princess...

i didnt say sheer is unsuitable...i was just wondering and i think she looks great. no one is unloading guns, why are there so many critics here who pick at everything EVERYONE says?

No one accused you of doing anything, Skippy just mentioned that some other people will mention that "sheer" is unsuitable.

Oh dear, thank you Lumutqueen. That is indeed what I meant.

:previous: Who cares about sheer? I'm more worried about bare! Legs that is. Is she mad or just vain? It's the middle of winter for heavens sake and her legs looked covered in goose bumps. Not a good look at all. :ohmy:

It looks like most of the women have bare legs.

:previous: Who cares about sheer? I'm more worried about bare! Legs that is. Is she mad or just vain? It's the middle of winter for heavens sake and her legs looked covered in goose bumps. Not a good look at all. :ohmy:

Marg...if you look at the pictures in the Daily mail it looks like she is wearing nude sheer stockings. At least to me it does.

The pictures of the outfit in the Mail appear to be better than the other ones. I am all for wearing black but not at a wedding...but maybe this was an evening reception?

The cameras wouldn't be there in the first place if the royals weren't there. If they didn't want to take attention away from the bride, don't bother turning up or make less of a fuss when they arrive?
She's worn nicer outfits to weddings before, she's still made the front cover of Hello!, like she will for next weeks issue.
The only difference between this wedding appearance and her last one, is that she has a massive engagement ring on her finger.

I agree with your first sentence, I hadn't yet thought of that. But I don't really see how they made a fuss - did they arrive with a big bang?

Last edited:
I agree with your first sentence, I hadn't yet thought of that. But I don't really see how they made a fuss - did they arrive with a big bang?

I mean, creep in at the back door.
When Kate attended the nuptials of Autumn and Peter, her and Chelsy came in through a side door and no photographs were taken until they were inside.

Marg...if you look at the pictures in the Daily mail it looks like she is wearing nude sheer stockings. At least to me it does.

She is.

The pictures of the outfit in the Mail appear to be better than the other ones. I am all for wearing black but not at a wedding...but maybe this was an evening reception?

Better black than white :ROFLMAO:

True, Lumutqueen. :p

After seeing a better picture of the outfit, she does like nice. I just think she should have worn another color besides black.

You might be right about the nude stockings, Zonk. I just took another look at the Sun photo, and her legs seem to be covered.

I mean, creep in at the back door.
When Kate attended the nuptials of Autumn and Peter, her and Chelsy came in through a side door and no photographs were taken until they were inside.

I see what you mean.

I like the outfit (especially the shoes & handbag!) No problem with the black outfit at a wedding, so long as it's an appropriate wedding outfit & doesn't "beat" the bride's dress then wear any colour you like in my opinion (unless the bride/groom have asked guests to stick to a colour plan...I once went to one where everyone had to wear green & black). Plus I think the shoes & handbag break up the black nicely with a flash of colour. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom