The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 09:58 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think we have just gotten ourselves a second "tag team". Both William and Catherine worked the crowd together like pro's and since the engagement seem quite happy for us to see how much they are in love and, just like Victoria and Daniel after their engagement was announced, they seem to love touching each other as they pass, in a quite unselfconscious way.

Catherine has distinguished herself in the run-up to the wedding and I was pleased to see court shoes instead of boots but, she was sensible about it with a wide heel that wasn't going to embed her, gracelessly, into the grass.

The new "do" looked great and and her ensemble was a symphony of restrained elegance, entirely suitable for the occasion.
I agree completely. When you see them on video you can feel the warmth of their relationship. I'm also struck by just how charismatic Catherine is when I see her talking to people - that doesn't always show up in still photos. She's radiant, and has a beautiful smile. She's a natural.

I liked her hair - it wasn't fussy or severe, but it kept it out of her face for the most part. I hope we'll see it like this for the wedding.

As for the shoes, a thinner heel would have had her sinking into mud for sure once she was outside, especially after such torrential rain. They were still quite stylish, and yet sensible.

Well done, to both of them!

Old 04-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Courtier

I found this online... someone poking fun at Kate...some gave me a laugh, others not so much..
Kate Middleton For The Win

Old 04-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
I found this online... someone poking fun at Kate...some gave me a laugh, others not so much..
Kate Middleton For The Win
This has been posted before, but I agree.

You have to have a sense of humor about this things.

specially about this one:

I'm seriously amazed by the story! They rewrote it all! I can't stop laughing.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Courtier

I did not know it was posted before just came acrossed it sorry ...

I saw that trailer before...fiction on real life..but I will be the frist to say, I will be watching.........lol nothing else on Monday nights anyway.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I did not know it was posted before just came acrossed it sorry ...
it happens! pages here are too many, and probably a lot of new members haven't see it
I am checking again and LOL

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh...xg9co1_500.jpg
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

"MSN Stralounge" photogallery

Kate Middleton er nervøs før brylluppet | Starlounge
Old 04-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

My favorite photo from yesterday.
http://tinypic.com/r/2ag97ns/7
Old 04-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Courtier

I have to say the affection between the two of them has skyrockected since the engagement was announced. I remember everyone saying they saw no spark between the two of them.. can't say that now.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann
I have to say the affection between the two of them has skyrockected since the engagement was announced. I remember everyone saying they saw no spark between the two of them.. can't say that now.
Yes almost now they can show their 'coupleness publically' .....like now they can publicall acknowledge they're together :)
Old 04-12-2011, 11:57 PM
Majesty

Isn't the young woman playing Kate an English actress? When she said, "He's just a guy," it sounded completely American to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
I'm seriously amazed by the story! They rewrote it all! I can't stop laughing.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Kate Middleton’s secret is out as Palace confirms her vow to Church

I have posted this in the wedding forum as well because it is so confusing where to go to find information these days but Kate has now been confirmed into the CoE in the lead-up to the wedding.

She had been baptised as a baby but took longer than most to confirm her faith.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Yes almost now they can show their 'coupleness publically' .....like now they can publicall acknowledge they're together :)
For so long they felt the need to keep things private, I'm still suprise they are sharing the same room! I don't see they going all "Victoria and Daniel" on us , but it's nice to catch them being more comfortable with eachother, in the presence of cameras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Isn't the young woman playing Kate an English actress? When she said, "He's just a guy," it sounded completely American to me.
According to her , she's from the same region as Kate. But she also doen't sound english to me. Go figure!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:55 AM
Courtier

when will they move to london to prepare for the wedding?
Old 04-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I still don't see it. They seem friendly with each other, but I don't see any chemistry or romance. I must be the only one.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:47 PM
Courtier

^I'm sorry, but I am in your club:)
Old 04-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg

I still don't see it. They seem friendly with each other, but I don't see any chemistry or romance. I must be the only one.
Curious...can you give a romantic scenario or describe what "chemistry" implies?
Old 04-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Serene Highness

Olord!

Subjectivity, a subject's personal perspective, feelings, beliefs, desires or discovery, as opposed to those made from an independent, objective, point of view

also, I can name a few Royal Couples who were all loveydovey once and now are each other exes.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:09 PM
Courtier

Yes, I see more sparkle in their eyes and more shine upon their faces.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Each royal couple is different in how they show their love and affection to each other. William and Kate IMO don't have to be kissing all the time or be holding hands to prove anything to us. You can tell normally I don't really go towards this route but even their body language you can tell just how comfortable they are with each other. I certainly got that impression from the engagement interview and last couple of appearances. Sometimes it doesn't have to be very showy, sometimes the little glares or the little touches here and there are what counts. And quite honestly sometimes Victoria and Daniel can be a bit much.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Nobility

I SO agree, ghost night! Victoria and Daniel make me uncomfortable to watch. I infinitely prefer the more understated manner of William and Kate. There is much to be said for the smiles the give each other and the brief hand on the other's back. I even feel empathy for them that they "must" offer a kiss for the public on the balcony. It is very invasive of their privacy, but I guess they must give the people what they want!

Closed Thread

Tags
catherine middleton, kate middleton, prince william