The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 11:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Catherine looked very pretty! She is beginning to behave like a princess. It's so nice to see her with William at these sort of events.
She has lost too much weight, though.
I loved her outfit.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Courtier

She is looking more and more regal. Her outfits have been smart and not over the top and I certainly think that blue is her colour. As for her weight loss, it's not too bad it could be the fit of her outfit and that her hair has been pinned away from her face which makes her look more skinnier than before. I personally think that when she is doing public outings it is good that her hair is pinned up. For me there is an air of 'Fred and Mary' about them. Can't wait for the wedding.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:13 AM
Nobility

Yes thank you Ghost, just watch the video
Old 04-12-2011, 02:11 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not one for comparing, but in this instance, I'd have to agree. Certainly between Mary and Catherine (and not just because they have lengthy brunette hair!).

Their outward manner, physique, and respective sense of style (in that they know what looks good on them) could easily command a comparison or two.

Catherine will be to the UK, Commonwealth and far beyond, what Mary is to Denmark, Greenland and Australia. Though Catherine will be a darling of Australian women's magazines alongside Mary, I'm sure.

HM former Press Secretary, Dickie Arbeiter was on an Australian news program early this morning (SunRise on the 7 Network often has him via satellite for it's royal info segment) where he himself made mention, though rather briefly, that theres a likeliness to one of 'ours'. Suggesting, Catherine appears to be the 'Mary Donovan' sort of woman Though need it be said he stated it in an affirming manner.

In any case, I thought that's Crown Princess Mary to you, Mr Arbeiter!..lol.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 04-12-2011, 02:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
I'm not one for comparing, but in this instance, I'd have to agree. Certainly between Mary and Catherine (and not just because they have lengthy brunette hair!).

Their outward manner, physique, and respective sense of style (in that they know what looks good on them) could easily command a comparison or two.

Catherine will be to the UK, Commonwealth and far beyond, what Mary is to Denmark, Greenland and Australia. Though Catherine will be a darling of Australian women's magazines alongside Mary, I'm sure.

HM former Press Secretary, Dickie Arbeiter was on an Australian news program early this morning (SunRise on the 7 Network often has him via satellite for it's royal info segment) where he himself made mention, though rather briefly, that theres a likeliness to one of 'ours'. Suggesting, Catherine appears to be the 'Mary Donovan' sort of woman Though need it be said he stated it in an affirming manner.

In any case, I thought that's Crown Princess Mary to you, Mr Arbeiter!..lol.
Especially when Mary was Mary Donaldson and a descendant of a legendary Scottish clan.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:46 AM
Aristocracy

Kate does look slimmer, but she is getting married in less than 3 weeks. It's stressful enough getting married, let alone knowing half the world is watching, and however much she has been prepared for royal life, which is probably pretty comprehensively, it is the unknown. I think she is coping remarkable well with it!!

And the cut of that suit is beautiful!
Old 04-12-2011, 04:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate looks fabulous, I think. She's slim, but she's always been slim. She looks fit and healthy and very happy. They make a lovely couple, and they work very well together and seeing their mutual affection and happiness makes me smile.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Totally agree, Roslyn. Their happiness is infectious.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:09 AM
Majesty

I think we have just gotten ourselves a second "tag team". Both William and Catherine worked the crowd together like pro's and since the engagement seem quite happy for us to see how much they are in love and, just like Victoria and Daniel after their engagement was announced, they seem to love touching each other as they pass, in a quite unselfconscious way.

Catherine has distinguished herself in the run-up to the wedding and I was pleased to see court shoes instead of boots but, she was sensible about it with a wide heel that wasn't going to embed her, gracelessly, into the grass.

The new "do" looked great and and her ensemble was a symphony of restrained elegance, entirely suitable for the occasion.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
symphony of restrained elegance
What a beautiful description! Sums it up, perfecly.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissP View Post
Kate does look slimmer, but she is getting married in less than 3 weeks.
I only hope she wont do it like Victoria of Sweden who lost weight before her wedding, gained it afterwards (and maybe an extra bit) and has now to face the "bump watchers" all day, who think she is a bit fuller because of a pregnancy.... While Swedish papers are rather polite, I hate to think of the articles British papers could produce....
Old 04-12-2011, 06:14 AM
Majesty

A reformed monarchy would be a fitting royal wedding present - Telegraph

reformed monarchy would be a fitting royal wedding present
Cameron and Clegg should sweep away the rules that shackle our head of state to the past, writes Mary Riddell.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I only hope she wont do it like Victoria of Sweden who lost weight before her wedding, gained it afterwards (and maybe an extra bit) and has now to face the "bump watchers" all day, who think she is a bit fuller because of a pregnancy.... While Swedish papers are rather polite, I hate to think of the articles British papers could produce....
Many brides lose weight in the run-up to their wedding and let's face it, Kate has more pressure on her since CP's Mary and Letizia and an adoring audience expecting the "Wedding of the Decade".. Yeah right! No pressure!

Now if she had put on weight the DM and it's cohorts would have plastered her all over their front pages and pilloried her to hell and back,

Whatever else we may think, she looked happy and healthy and to be honest what more can we ask for.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:35 AM
Aristocracy

With the success they've had in Wales and Ireland and Scotland and now England...I believe they should make visits like these on an annual basis...at least until William completes his tour of duty with the RAF...just a thought, just a thought.

On her weight loss "dilemma"...how much does she weigh now?, how much has she lost?, how much should she weigh?, why?, how tall is she?, is she still maintaining an average BMI? IMHO this whole weight loss, "rapidly thinning", unhealthy decrease in size...would everything been ok if she did it the "healthy" way?...is another attempt to mold Catherine into the likeness of another woman closely associated with William, who sadly perished over ten years ago.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock221B View Post
is another attempt to mold Catherine into the likeness of another woman closely associated with William, who sadly perished over ten years ago.
The positive thing is that Catherine is years older and now very used to the way the media works, so it can be hoped that she will pay no attention whatsoever to the content of their articles. I seem to recall that Diana was "fixed" to the articles about her and I think this is not going to happen to Catherine. Plus: Catherine has William as her "mirror" and this loving mirror will hopefully always answer to the question: "Who's the fairiest of them all?" with "Of course you are, darling". (BTW: I am quite rounded, but I have such a loving husband-mirror and it's good to here the answer every day and every time I need it. I wish that luck for Catherine as well!)
Old 04-12-2011, 06:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Just watching the video highlights of yesterday I am struck by what a fantastic smile Kate has - it sounds a little cliched but it really illuminates her face. I too can't see any signs of a sickly disposition. She should look pretty amazing on The Day.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:47 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock221B

On her weight loss "dilemma"...how much does she weigh now?, how much has she lost?, how much should she weigh?, why?, how tall is she?, is she still maintaining an average BMI? IMHO this whole weight loss, "rapidly thinning", unhealthy decrease in size...would everything been ok if she did it the "healthy" way?...is another attempt to mold Catherine into the likeness of another woman closely associated with William, who sadly perished over ten years ago.
I think most people can tell the difference between oh she's lost weight and no she hasn't. As I said before it's understandable I just hope after the wedding it doesn't continue, it's a slippery slope and let's remember the camera adds 10lbs so in real life she's prob thin

But.... maybe for the press it's a comparasion but I don't believe anyone at TRF has made any attemp to mold her into a likness due to weight loss, just commenting on something (as we and many press did) doesn't equal automatically comparing her to her mother in law.......This will be the other Diana factor, some plp will assume anything anyone points out the 2 had in common is a comparrasion, after awhile the papers will prob have 'stop comparing me to Williams mother says Kate' headlines!

Ah the saga :)
Old 04-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ

...just commenting on something (as we and many press did) doesn't equal automatically comparing her to her mother in law
Absolutely right!

Quote:
.......This will be the other Diana factor, some plp will assume anything anyone points out the 2 had in common is a comparrasion
Huh...I think that is comparing otherwise how can one know if they're alike or different?

Quote:
...,after awhile the papers will prob have 'stop comparing me to Williams mother says Kate
The headline should be: 'Catherine is the Most Important Woman In My Life says William'...he & Harry need to put an end to this insane exploitation of their mother's legacy, especially William for Catherine's happiness as his wife...but that is for another thread...just a thought, just a thought

Back to the topic...over time "orchestrated" events like these, IMHO will keep the pap at bay, especially if the press is given advanced notice.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock221B View Post
Back to the topic...over time "orchestrated" events like these, IMHO will keep the pap at bay, especially if the press is given advanced notice.
I think you are right in this. The palace surely has quite some influence when it comes to the media.Only when Sarah and Andrew seperated and when Diana did the Morton-book, both princesses were left out in the cold mediawise. So I believe as long as Catherine stays discreet herself and doesnt encourage the media (which she won't do as this would hurt William) she can be relatively sure that her private life stays private. That no pics of her working out in a gym turn up. That only decent shopping pics appear showing her shopping for christmas gifts together with her mother-in-law eg are shown. That she is only pictured leaving restaurants when she was there with family and rarely so. Arriving for engagements but not enjoying a pint at a pub.

As long as she doesn't fall for media stings (and why should she?) and sticks to the rules for Royal ladies herself, the media will respect her, I'M sure.

What do you think?
Old 04-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
IMO, I don't think she looks any thinner than she did during the first engagement. Like others have said, her hair being pulled back may be giving the illusion that her face is thinner.

But if she has lost weight, I imagine she'll gain it back after the wedding. I've heard lot of brides end up losing weight pre-wedding - all the stress of planning, I suppose.

You're welcome. I'll probably have the same reaction. Lol.

They're absolutely charming together...what happiness!

Closed Thread

Tags
catherine middleton, kate middleton, prince william