The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 09:14 AM
Serene Highness

some short videos from the engagement

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Nobility

She looks great! Chic, lovely, yet understated. Perfect!

Miss Middleton seems never to put a foot wrong, as the saying goes... There are no embarrassing photo images, her clothes are tasteful, her smile is beautiful and engaging, and she comfortably (and not petulantly) lets William take the lead, as she should, in accordance with protocol.

When you think of all that she must endure where ever she goes, whatever she does... for example: the constant, never ending comparisons to Diana; the heavy demands of putting together an appropriate wardrobe with the fashionistas ready to pounce; always knowing that the press is just waiting for her to do or say something wrong, which so far she has not; the heavy responsibility of instantly becoming a senior member of the Royal Family, one who will hereafter endure (and must cope with) constant, unending scrutiny. It is incredible that she consistently exudes an aura of poise and confidence with elegance and appropriateness -- and manages to project an image of ease and self-control. WOW!!!

Old 04-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Kate Middleton and Prince William brave the elements for last official engagement before the wedding | Mail Online
Old 04-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Majesty

Prince William And Kate Middleton: Royal Couple On Last Official Engagement Before Royal Wedding | Royal Wedding | Sky News
Wills And Kate's Final Pre-Wedding Engagement
Old 04-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Serene Highness

her umbrella was the biggest one around, I'm surprise she didn't poke someone in the eye
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger

Another photogallery

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...1/royal_visit/
Old 04-11-2011, 09:58 AM
Majesty

Video: Prince William and Kate Middleton visit Lancashire - Telegraph

Prince William and Kate Middleton visit Lancashire

Prince William and fiancée Kate Middleton visit Darwen, Lancashire, on their last official engagement before the royal wedding later this month
Old 04-11-2011, 10:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Agreed. I suspect she will learn with experience to not wear clothes that easily crease.
Better now than on her wedding day....
Old 04-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Better now than on her wedding day....
well said! on April 29th we'll want things to run as smoothly as possible :P
Old 04-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Courtier

I know that people always say that she's too young to dress like she does, but I think that for this last engagement she was very classy. Blue is her colour, it suits her perfectly! And I love her hair: maybe she'll wear her hair like that for the wedding??
According to me, the minus is the khol. It's too heavy, it sould be more discrete. She would be even more beautiful with less khol, it ages her a bit.
To conclude: beautiful appearance, with amazing legs!!! She'll be a very beautiful princess, English royal family will win a lovely and always smiling representant with this wedding.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Royal Highness

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ngagement.html

The DM got at least one thing right- today's outfit was 'streamlined' and I believe that's why it's so striking on her :)
Old 04-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
I know that people always say that she's too young to dress like she does, but I think that for this last engagement she was very classy. Blue is her colour, it suits her perfectly! And I love her hair: maybe she'll wear her hair like that for the wedding??
According to me, the minus is the khol. It's too heavy, it sould be more discrete. She would be even more beautiful with less khol, it ages her a bit.
To conclude: beautiful appearance, with amazing legs!!! She'll be a very beautiful princess, English royal family will win a lovely and always smiling representant with this wedding.
I had to google khol:P. But yes, from the distance I don't think is bad, but some close ups show it. For someone who does it by herself, she looks beautiful!
Old 04-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Serene Highness

I thought she looked terrific today. It seems that her new "stylists" are experimenting and I, for one, like it! Her hair is pulled off her face (I suspect as will be at the wedding) ... they have used make-up to create cheek bones and contures to her natually round face ... and, I think, they may have re-shaped her eyebrows.

Overall ... a good look!
Old 04-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

She really looked great today and I loved her hair - I wouldn't mind seeing it that way for the wedding.

I do think her eyeliner can look a bit heavy sometimes, but I think eventually she will start to soften it a bit.

BBC News - Prince William and Kate Middleton visit Lancashire
Old 04-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
I had to google khol:P. But yes, from the distance I don't think is bad, but some close ups show it. For someone who does it by herself, she looks beautiful!
Ooh, I'm sorry if you had to google "kohl" because of me!! I didn't know how to say "the black line all around her eye"! How do you say it? I would be very pleased to learn the wright word!
I agree with you, it's beautiful, but I'm an adept of natural make-up, maybe it influences me too much. I don't jnow how she does it, but I admire it for this! Even if I still think that it's a bit too black... But she's a very lovely girl, she can wear this kind of make-up, it suits her very well!
Old 04-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger

"Bille Bladet" article and gallery

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...te%20brud.aspx

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...9xUyXyDu6X7bew
Old 04-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
I thought she looked terrific today. It seems that her new "stylists" are experimenting and I, for one, like it! Her hair is pulled off her face (I suspect as will be at the wedding) ... they have used make-up to create cheek bones and contures to her natually round face ... and, I think, they may have re-shaped her eyebrows.

Overall ... a good look!
I believe for now she doesn't use a stylist. There are talks that once she's married she will have official help from one.
Kate Middleton choosing a stylist from a shortlist including Samantha Cameron's sister Emily Sheffield or Bryan Ferry's girlfriend Amanda Sheppard | Mail Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
Ooh, I'm sorry if you had to google "kohl" because of me!! I didn't know how to say "the black line all around her eye"! How do you say it? I would be very pleased to learn the wright word!
I agree with you, it's beautiful, but I'm an adept of natural make-up, maybe it influences me too much. I don't jnow how she does it, but I admire it for this! Even if I still think that it's a bit too black... But she's a very lovely girl, she can wear this kind of make-up, it suits her very well!
nothing to worry about! English is not my first language so sometimes I have to check it out anyways :)
You're not the first one that noticed this. Maybe at her wedding day the person who does her makeup , can drop a suggestion.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Courtier

William and Kate Official Visit Today Pictures 11 April 2011

Kate Middleton Pictures - Prince William And Kate Middleton Visit Darwen - Zimbio
Old 04-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Nobility

Nice video.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Heir Apparent

God she looks older, with more responsability, she looks another women, also I thought that she is doing this forever because she does it so well..she speaks and smiles like a Princess does...

Tags
catherine middleton, kate middleton, prince william