The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Royal Highness

Well, it's just a short hop by helicopter from Anglesey and it's definately in England - I personally don't think London counts as "England" when we come to visiting all parts of the United Kingdom. So why not Lancashire - cradle of the kingdom in a way?

Old 03-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow! Looks as though there are a lot of folks in Blackburn who aren't too interested in the upcoming visit. Blackburn is kind of a pit and I hope nothing goes awry. It is a very republican community.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:00 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
I'm referring to the DM article about Kate losing too much weight for the wedding day.
First Kate puts on the"ring" which is the blue sapphire she should not have accepted but chosen another. Now a repetition with some circulating weight loss stories similar to Diana's before the wedding. It started small..Hope this works out.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:15 AM
Nobility

trip to australian and nz : the main reason why charles and camilla dont go is they tour spain, portugal and morocco and began their tour when william began his in new zealand. The three trip of the prince of wales was prepared months ago. (from the BBC

the funny thing is that at the same time we can compare the two tours day to day. The father and the son. at the opposite side of the world. It will be a first one the BRF is really amazing. The australian press said it was the only royal family to reinvente itself every time it's needed (forgive my poor english
Old 03-15-2011, 01:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
the funny thing is that at the same time we can compare the two tours day to day. The father and the son. at the opposite side of the world. It will be a first one the BRF is really amazing. The australian press said it was the only royal family to reinvente itself every time it's needed (forgive my poor english
Rosapru, tnks for the info (that's why we are here for, ). And I myself was very surprise about this trip, since PW visited Australia and New Zealand a not too long time ago, but founded the "gesture" really appropriate and sweet.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:19 AM
Nobility

I was wrong yesterday when I say Charles to do a tour of spain, portugal and morocco at the same dates as william is in OZ and NZ. In fact, charles begins his tour on the 26th march and william will be back from his tour on the 23th march.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
First Kate puts on the"ring" which is the blue sapphire she should not have accepted but chosen another. Now a repetition with some circulating weight loss stories similar to Diana's before the wedding. It started small..Hope this works out.
I cant imagine any bride refusing the ring her fiance offers her, heirloom or not. It would be very rude. If it is not to her taste, after the wedding she will have many pieces of jewelry to choose from. It's a beautiful ring, and I would love to have it in my jewelry box.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post

No woman with class or breeding will tell a man who is proposing marriage to her, that she will refuse the ring because it's not new.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever......"
Old 03-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well said, Sister Morphine. Some people are just so determined that nothing to do with Diana ever sees the light of day that they would turn away a beautiful historically significant jewel. It would have been incredibly rude.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Aristocracy

A lot of couples choose the engagement (and wedding ring)together probably just to be sure the woman likes it. Yet traditionally the engagement ring is meant to be a gift to help persuade the girl to marry the guy so probably not technically correct to pick out your own gift.

I don't know Kate so I could not say for sure if she likes the ring, or not, she seems a bit nervous when she wears it, and moves her hand awkwardly. Maybe she's worried about somehow losing it as William already said jokingly that she'd be in big trouble!

It would be nice if Kate had met Diana, and they knew Diana would want her to have it for certain. To me I would prefer a vintage ring, or one that my husband to be had designed for me, etc. There is some baggage with that ring which makes me feel it would have been better for William to pass it on to his first born instead and put some extra years in between someone wearing it.

Having wrote that I could not see in any situation where Kate would have dreamed of turning that ring down (and perhaps they discussed it beforehand?).
Old 03-16-2011, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic...the current events of William and Catherine.

If you wish to discuss the ring, please do so here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...29259-180.html .

Old 03-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Royal Highness

Not sure which thread this belongs in but...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ationship.html
Old 03-16-2011, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, it would be interesting if it wasn't just another silly, filler article.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:54 AM
Royal Highness

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...future-in-laws

Kate's night at ballet plus some talk about Kate's charity interests (I think this is the first time I've read anything actually pinpointing what charities hold her interest)

Also on Twitter some said Carole and Mike Middleton were also at ballet and sitting in Royal Box-? Anyone know if true...?
Old 03-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Another engagement has been scheduled. Kate and William will officially open the Darwen Aldridge Community Academy on April 11th.

BBC News - Royal couple set to open Darwen academy
Old 03-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Serene Highness

Details on their next engagement
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...isit_revealed/
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
I like William seems to be honoring his mother, in his own way. It seems he and Kate have gravitated to children's charities. I noticed many of the charities for wedding donations were as well. It is nice to see him focussing on kids like his mother, but not taking over her charities.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMolly View Post
I like William seems to be honoring his mother, in his own way. It seems he and Kate have gravitated to children's charities. I noticed many of the charities for wedding donations were as well. It is nice to see him focussing on kids like his mother, but not taking over her charities.
I am not sure I can see the link to his mother per se, there are plenty of children's charities around that can be supported.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:32 AM
Commoner

"Students, parents, governors, staff and local dignitaries, will gather to see Prince William unveil a commemorative plaque, and Miss Middleton will present a creative writing award."

I wonder if she'll speak then or if William will do the talking and she'll just "present" the award. Either way, it will be nice to see them out again before the wedding.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMolly View Post
And how about all of the childrens charities that Prince Charles has helped out of the 40 or so years he has been able to? I don't think this has anything to do with Diana, William and Kate have been asked to appear at this place and they're going.

Tags
catherine middleton, kate middleton, prince william