The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Gentry

Quote:
I am surprised that PW is being sent abroad (and so far abroad). Hope nothing happens while he's there. I hope KM doesn't freak out while he's gone.
While I think it would be great for them to go together, I actually think that she will LOVE to have a break (from the pressures of more public appearances). She must have a million and one things to do and time is going by so quickly so I think this will give her a little break and hopefully she can get some rest and de-stress. I read an article that said she is having panic attacks from all of the stress of the preparations and if this is the case I feel so incredibly sorry for her. I had panic attacks for years (similarly before and also after I got married) and they can be debilitating. They make it so much more difficult to have to deal with all your normal life stresses and also handle the panic attacks. I hope she can get some rest, healthy food, and do some meditation or yoga or something similar.

With regard to babies, I think they will try right away. While she isn't old at all, it might take them a while (you never know!) to get pregnant and I assume they want at least 2 kids so I think they will try pretty soon after the wedding. Plus, having known each other for so long, it's not like they have to take time to get to know each other better or anything. Although, marriage is definitely different than just dating, IMO. Especially, I'd imagine, a royal marriage!

Old 03-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Majesty

Precisely. But his father was, as you say, The Prince of Wales. Prince William is still waiting for that high-profile role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanya Trubetskoy View Post
Compare his public duties with that of the Prince of Wales when he was at that age.....BIG difference.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Let's try to stay on topic...the current events of William and Kate.

There is no need to talk about future children.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
I have a feeling Her Majesty is standing there smiling and telling herself, "Finally, after all these years, the Monarchy is safe, and will be in good hands with William and Catherine."

I have no doubt. You can feel it. They really are the couple who will shore up the foundation, and keep secure the history.

I hope and pray they have a wonderful life together.
Quite!

I am also very happy for Prince William. He's facing a lifetime of public duties and appearances, and eventually taking the Throne(s), and he now has someone to share his journey with, someone who truly love him for the person he is, not the position that he is in and will be (a Prince, eventually Heir Apparent and Prince of Wales and finally King). From all signs, it appears Catherine truly love him and want to help him in his life's journey.

Let's just not bother them about children....yet.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:52 PM
Courtier

I am not sure if anyone posted this yet....

Old 03-10-2011, 08:52 AM
Majesty

Kate Middleton: Don't do a Princess Diana, PLEASE ditch your royal wedding diet | Mail Online

Don't do a Diana, Kate, PLEASE ditch your wedding diet: An open letter from Amanda Platell

Read more: Kate Middleton: Don't do a Princess Diana, PLEASE ditch your royal wedding diet | Mail Online
Old 03-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
I have a feeling Her Majesty is standing there smiling and telling herself, "Finally, after all these years, the Monarchy is safe, and will be in good hands with William and Catherine."

I have no doubt. You can feel it. They really are the couple who will shore up the foundation, and keep secure the history.

I hope and pray they have a wonderful life together.
Hear, hear!!
Old 03-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Must be a slow day for the Daily Mail.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Serene Highness

LadyAnn, the video is blocked for other regions. damn it!
is there another link?

I believe also that, this occasion will be a much more serious one, not that the other engagements weren't, but still it will be a more tricky environment. William is more used to it. I'm sure they will go visit Australia and NZ as a couple eventually :) .
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

I have no interest in dramatizations featuring living people. Seems a waste of time to me. HOWEVER, I hope it is enjoyable to interested persons.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Must be a slow day for the Daily Mail.
What are you referring to?
Old 03-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I have no interest in dramatizations featuring living people. Seems a waste of time to me. HOWEVER, I hope it is enjoyable to interested persons.

I always feel the same like where do they get this info from ...but I fear I will be left with out a choice on this one and just have to watch..
Old 03-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
What are you referring to?
I'm referring to the DM article about Kate losing too much weight for the wedding day.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Serene Highness

I will watch the movie as a work of fiction, nothing else :)
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Aristocracy

Too skinny , too fat, too skinny, too fat. That seems to be the only way the media operates when it comes to women. It's a shame that these people think they're doing a service by pointing out someones weight and applying pressure to meet their expectations.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaJa View Post
Too skinny , too fat, too skinny, too fat. That seems to be the only way the media operates when it comes to women. It's a shame that these people think they're doing a service by pointing out someones weight and applying pressure to meet their expectations.
I agree and I suppose that when taking those standards, I am too thin as well while there is nothing wrong with me. IMO, Catherine is just slender.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I agree and I suppose that when taking those standards, I am too thin as well while there is nothing wrong with me. IMO, Catherine is just slender.
Absolutely agree. When I read or hear about people making these comments I always wish that they would provide a picture of themselves accompanying their comments.

It brings to mind the comments of co-worker who kept saying that another co-worker was anorexic (she was only nicely slender) while at the time stuffing her very pudgy face/body with pastries.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Aristocracy

Jezebel: Celebrity, Sex, Fashion for Women. Without Airbrushing.

"Kate Middleton's Weight Prompts Absurdist Speculation "

Old 03-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Aristocracy

Well, I think people will tend to worry about Kate losing weight because of the issues William's mother had. It's normal for women to try to lose weight before their wedding (wanting to look their best and all), but Kate was not heavy before. She is the type of woman who looks older as it is so losing weight is doing her no favors. If she was good enough to be with William for all these years, and to propose to, there's no need to lose weight.

I don't see any problem with William doing trips/engagements alone. I think Kate could be hidden away a little before the wedding, and have the wedding day as her "coming out" time. They are not a thrilling couple and could use some mystery and excitement getting closer to the day. Make people be all excited to see her/them.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hissy View Post
They are not a thrilling couple and could use some mystery and excitement getting closer to the day. Make people be all excited to see her/them.
Don't know about them not being a thrilling couple, but the mystery part is why I'm happy we *don't* know anything regarding The Dress. Amazed in this day and age there hasn't been a leak yet, but at the same time here we are almost a month and a half out from Wedding Day and look at all the articles from this week alone!!

Now if the miraculous happens and all the details remain "under wraps" until the morning of April 29th, can you imagine how excited everyone will be for that first glimpse of Kate? It will at even more of a fever pitch than it is now.

Tags
catherine middleton, kate middleton, prince william