The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 12:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554
^I think the little girl said that Kate said " I am a very lucky lady and I think you would be jealous" that's what I can interpret from it

Edit- ok thank you real statement below. I can't delete post using I phone app so consider it amended to correct my mistake :)

Old 03-09-2011, 12:52 AM
Aristocracy

That conversation with the little girl is actually not conclusive. According to reports, that 11-year-old said: "You're a very lucky lady. I'm so jealous,"

to which Kate replied: "I am lucky. He's a very nice man and I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my life with him."

The Canadian Press: Kate or Catherine Middleton? The royal couple confront name dilemma on pre-wedding visit

Old 03-09-2011, 01:00 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyals
That conversation with the little girl is actually not conclusive. According to reports, that 11-year-old said: "You're a very lucky lady. I'm so jealous,"

to which Kate replied: "I am lucky. He's a very nice man and I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my life with him."

The Canadian Press: Kate or Catherine Middleton? The royal couple confront name dilemma on pre-wedding visit
Uh, whoever wrote this article may want to fix a small part of it... :) they say he said his mother wouldn't be pleased if he wore groom hat but he actually said grandmother ...oops! :)
Old 03-09-2011, 01:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyals View Post

Wow talk about difference from what she said on the video to what the article has her down as saying
Old 03-09-2011, 02:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

They both looked to be enjoying their visit very much and I believe that's the last "province" of the United Kingdom for them to visit, right?

I really liked Kate's coat and it looked lovely and warm on what looked like a day w/a bit of a nip to it. Was also impressed w/William's pancake flipping ablities. Kate did a fair job too, but William's had a bit more height to them.

I just wish I hadn't forgotten yesterday was Pancake/Shrove Tuesday, as we have pancakes for Supper on occasion and what better day to do that on, right?

Does anyone know if Kate will be sitting for her portrait to be done? IIRC, Diana did in the months before the Wedding and it's in The National Portrait Gallery. Any idea?
Old 03-09-2011, 04:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
I just wish I hadn't forgotten yesterday was Pancake/Shrove Tuesday, as we have pancakes for Supper on occasion and what better day to do that on, right?
Going to get killed cause I'm steering waaay off topic but I didn't know it was Shrove Tuesday but when I saw William and Kate with the pancakes I got an awful craving so I ran to the store and bought some talk about influence! I think this should be it till after the wedding but ya never know with these two! They surprised me this morning!

Right I actually cried over this one my five year old self is kicking me right about now

Schoolgirl given Royal treat by Kate Middleton - Northern Ireland, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Right going back to this article she called her Katie....haha how cute
Quote:
In Belfast, Rebecca Fletcher, 11, who took the day off school, called "Katie!" and offered a bouquet of daffodils.
Call her Kate or Catherine? - CBC News
Old 03-09-2011, 06:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Uh, whoever wrote this article may want to fix a small part of it... :) they say he said his mother wouldn't be pleased if he wore groom hat but he actually said grandmother ...oops! :)
I had been wondering about that quote because it seemed an odd thing to say. Makes far more sense if he actually said Grandmother!
Old 03-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Royal Highness

More pictures of them in NI- some nice ones I've never seen before too-

http://myroyal-myroyals.blogspot.com...ton-visit.html
Old 03-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Royal Highness

I have a feeling Her Majesty is standing there smiling and telling herself, "Finally, after all these years, the Monarchy is safe, and will be in good hands with William and Catherine."

I have no doubt. You can feel it. They really are the couple who will shore up the foundation, and keep secure the history.

I hope and pray they have a wonderful life together.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:55 PM
Courtier

Prince William Will Leave Kate Middleton for Disaster Zones - ABC News
Old 03-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
I have a feeling Her Majesty is standing there smiling and telling herself, "Finally, after all these years, the Monarchy is safe, and will be in good hands with William and Catherine."

I have no doubt. You can feel it. They really are the couple who will shore up the foundation, and keep secure the history.

Beautifully expressed Lady Marmalade.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

My comment was unsurprisingly deleted, but I said that it isn't safe yet, not IMO, not until they have either a son or a handful of daughters. This maybe the fairytale wedding, and yes Kate and William are wonderful for each other and they will do the Monarchy good, but to me that doesn't take it any further away from the danger zone.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post

I think this is just the beginning for William and Kate. They have alot of work ahead of them. True, they have done a great job in recent days, but this is a lifetime of public work. William until recently has been very reluctant to do public work. Compare his public duties with that of the Prince of Wales when he was at that age.....BIG difference.
They made alot of mistakes with Diana, which I'm sure they don't want to repeat. I think William will be very protective of Kate, and that they will take on more duties as they get older.
this is a beautiful beginning for them, time will tell the rest.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Serene Highness

I loved watching the video of William and Cathering flipping pancakes, I loved how he put his arm on her back to ask her to flip the pancake how nice! They deff look super in love, and Catherine seems so at ease in her new role. :)
Old 03-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I have to agree with Lumutqueen. Nothing is "safe."

I am surprised that PW is being sent abroad (and so far abroad). Hope nothing happens while he's there. I hope KM doesn't freak out while he's gone.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Royal Highness

Prince William might be taking time away from RAF before the wedding. In my opinion this is the only reason for the upcoming trip. Wish Catherine could go with him. Then after Canada they can settle down to married life and producing an heir.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Nobility

I'm probably way off the mark here but I would imagine that during a lot of the public events Prince William has attended over the last few years, there's no doubt been a lot of people asking about when he's going to get married, how Catherine is etc. etc. which has probably put him under pressure. Now that they are engaged and have announced to the world their intentions, perhaps he is a lot more relaxed?? (Although of course there are going to be new pressures now that they are engaged and once they are married e.g. when are you going to have a baby!!)
Old 03-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I have to agree with Lumutqueen. Nothing is "safe."

I am surprised that PW is being sent abroad (and so far abroad). Hope nothing happens while he's there. I hope KM doesn't freak out while he's gone.
While I agree with the first sentence, I wonder why KM would freak out because he's gone. Would she "lose it" because he's down under and the wedding is so nearby?
Let us hope for and assume the best/most positive (not saying that you don't ) .
Old 03-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post
I'm probably way off the mark here but I would imagine that during a lot of the public events Prince William has attended over the last few years, there's no doubt been a lot of people asking about when he's going to get married, how Catherine is etc. etc. which has probably put him under pressure. Now that they are engaged and have announced to the world their intentions, perhaps he is a lot more relaxed?? (Although of course there are going to be new pressures now that they are engaged and once they are married e.g. when are you going to have a baby!!)
Once they are married the media will have the "is there a little one on the way already?" question on speed dial!
A bit shameful imo, let them enjoy the first months/years of marriage first. And at the same time that question is to be expected, especially in royal circles.
Still, they should do it their way and they appear to be doing just that as much as they can!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Once they are married the media will have the "is there a little one on the way already?" question on speed dial!
A bit shameful imo, let them enjoy the first months/years of marriage first. And at the same time that question is to be expected, especially in royal circles.
Still, they should do it their way and they appear to be doing just that as much as they can!

I really hope that they continue to do what they want to do (although I have often thought that they didn't want to get engaged/married until they were ready to have a family, as they knew there would no doubt be pressure for that as soon as they were married)

Closed Thread

Tags
catherine middleton, kate middleton, prince william