The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Royal Highness

Ms. Middleton changed her clothes.
I think she is really taking each event very seriously and planning for it:
In the morning at St. Andrews being casual in red with boots.
Later at New Zeland House black and heels for mourning.

BTW I watched the BBC video and Catherine acted appropriately except for signing the condolence book. I think she needs a little princess training about not smiling all the time.

I always wished I could smile like her. She must be a real nice, happy person.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Ms. Middleton just changed after St. Andrew's event took by taking off the black polo so she would not be hot with the black coat. I am almost sure she wore a red suit all day.
Are you suggesting that she wore this dress underneath the black polo neck in St. Andrews? Meaning that she wore 3 layers of clothing in Scotland?

Old 02-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post
I'm wondering if it was a dress she was wearing earlier, not a skirt, so just removed the jacket and put a black coat on. If she had completely changed the outfit then she would have been criticised for wearing 2 outfits ??
Has she been criticised?
Old 02-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Serene Highness

She does seem to bring a fresh approach to mannerliness and civility, without being the least bit stuffy. The Commonwealth is lucky to have a tradition where young people are able to be role models in these areas, and Kate approaches it very well. It's clear she still maintains her individuality, and to me, she seems to light up when she looks at Prince William. All of that makes her very appealing to the rest of the world.

We have no equivalent in the United States that I can think of; young women get famous for being models or actresses, but they rarely go on to be models of civility or decorum.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Has she been criticised?
Not that I've seen (although I am now avoiding the obvious places where everything is complained about). I think the clothes changes were sensible
Old 02-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Catherine look better today than yesterday IMO, the change of clothes was a good idea if it was that. Red looks wonderful on her.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Pure People

Kate Middleton, rouge passion, revient avec William là où leur amour est né !
Old 02-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Serene Highness

That video that I posted with the ITV link (blocked for non UK), now on YouTube:
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:36 PM
Royal Highness

They look very good today. They seem to enjoy their new public experiences as a couple. For me Catherine doing it very well, with natural charm and smile. People really like her I think, she could be one of the most popular member of the family in the future. I'm glad to see them in this very important place for them.

Signing the book of condolences is a very kind gesture from the young generation.
Hope they'll spend nice weekend in London.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I can't get the BBC video to rip :( I dunno why it keeps freezing my comp and there's no other vids of them signing the condolence book out yet.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Are you suggesting that she wore this dress underneath the black polo neck in St. Andrews? Meaning that she wore 3 layers of clothing in Scotland?
Skippy I changed my mind. Edited by post. Go to it.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Aristocracy

Umm small & utterly silly thing to notice really but has anyone else noticed that her signature in the condolence book is different to that thank you/guest book note that supposedly she wrote after their stay in Kenya where they got engaged...like the M in Middleton is totally different (I remember the M in the Kenya guestbook looked really strange like the lines were almost making an X instead of an M). Not that it means anything but maybe that note the papers all published from that guestbook wasn't actually by W&K?
Old 02-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Courtier

^could be!! I dont trust the media these days at all!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought Kate looked amazing in that red dress/black polo combo. She has a great sense of style, and dresses very well to suit her figure and tastes. I'd love to get my hands on those boots!
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Serene Highness

I knew her outfit today reminded me of one Diana wore. Add some black buttons to the POW suit and it could be the same one in orange.

Kate Middleton Pictures - Prince William And Kate Middleton Visit University Of St Andrews - Zimbio

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 02-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Courtier

Thanks everyone for posting all the pictures and videos and such. Kate looks absolutely lovely and it's so nice to see her and William out and about doing these kinds of events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
I knew her outfit today reminded me of one Diana wore. Add some black buttons to the POW suit and it could be the same one in orange.

Kate Middleton Pictures - Prince William And Kate Middleton Visit University Of St Andrews - Zimbio

I'd immediately thought of the same thing!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossop7 View Post
Umm small & utterly silly thing to notice really but has anyone else noticed that her signature in the condolence book is different to that thank you/guest book note that supposedly she wrote after their stay in Kenya where they got engaged...like the M in Middleton is totally different (I remember the M in the Kenya guestbook looked really strange like the lines were almost making an X instead of an M). Not that it means anything but maybe that note the papers all published from that guestbook wasn't actually by W&K?
I'd have to go back and look at both of them, but it could also just be that it's a matter of time and experiences. I know when I'm signing a wedding guest book (meant to be seen by people I know-or as a "memory") my signature looks totally different then if I'm signing a random guest book (not really meant to be seen by anyone specific)...Even day to day or holiday card to holiday card my signature has been known to change, sometimes fairly drastically!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Serene Highness

Again, I know it's the Daily Mail but the pictures (and some of the story) are interesting:

Kate Middleton and Prince William: Royal ex factor - meet the old flames they are inviting to their wedding | Mail Online

I thought it was interesting how some of their exes had married or were friends with each other's friends.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:40 PM

In regards to William being affectionate with Kate during the walkabouts, it reminds me of how Diana was popular with the British because they had a royal who showed warmth to her children. Now, the Brits have royals who show warmth to each other! This may be very exciting for them!

Old 02-25-2011, 07:55 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post

As soon as I saw her outfit I thought it was very Diana .... didn't dare mention it incase the 'don't compare Kate to Diana' police jumped on me ... lol ...
It's such a classic look ... i just love it !!!

Closed Thread

Tags
catherine middleton, kate middleton, prince william