The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
You're welcome.

I just saw the video of Charles signing the book and meeting with staff. I definitely agree that it's a very a nice gesture.
I saw the video too. Is it just me or that greeting (face-to-face) seemed to last a little too long? :P

this pic is making me considerate a avi change : http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh...ma7zo1_500.jpg

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:32 PM
Heir Apparent

William is just soo gorgeous thanks for all the posts and videos just love it . The red suit looked really pretty and I do like Kate's little hand bag choices.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Gentry

Quote:
I'm sorry but is it wrong I wanna cry I dunno why tbh I just feel SO happy and proud my god I'm going to be a bloody mess on wedding day if this how I am now!
Me TOO! And I am kind of struggling to figure out why!? I am not British - although my husband is - and was only 10 when Diana was married so I didn't even watch that on TV or anything (although I loved to read books and magazines about her). But I'm finding my fascination (obsession??) with these two kind of bizarre and I can't figure it out. At first I was kind of on the fence about how I felt about the two of them or whether I even cared...but now I read every article that comes along and love looking at the pictures and videos. (*embarrassed voice* I am even considering buying a tiara to wear while watching the wedding. my husband thinks I have lost my mind.) OMG, I am 40...I feel WAY too old for this...but I kind of can't help myself! Maybe I should stop trying to figure it out and just go along with the flow as it's so much fun!

Anyway, sorry for my confession, back on topic. As others have mentioned, I also feel a (bizarre, for me since it's not as if they are my children/niece/nephew) sense of pride when I saw their boat launch and walkabout yesterday and also the photos from today. I think Kate is doing a wonderful job so far and love all of the smiles and warm looks between the two of them. I grew up without a dad so it makes me sad that Diana is dead and can't see her son moving onto this new stage in his life, but aside from that sad thought, W&K look great and very happy, and...is it April 29 yet???
Old 02-25-2011, 01:00 PM
Royal Highness

Kate Middleton out greeting people in St Andrews

http://myroyal-myroyals.blogspot.com...-visit_25.html
Old 02-25-2011, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
I saw the video too. Is it just me or that greeting (face-to-face) seemed to last a little too long? :P
It did seem to last a little long. Lol. I was trying to hear what they were saying, but I couldn't make it out. It was a cute moment though.

Kate, William and Harry signed the condolence book. I'm not sure if we'll get pictures or videos.

Royal trio sign book of condolence - News - Falkirk Herald
Old 02-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Prince William, Kate Middleton and Prince Harry visit New Zealand House on February 25, 2011 in London

prince-william-and-kate-middleton-visit-new-zealand-house-759225 - Videos en Foto's, pers en stockbeelden | Isopix.be | Vidéos et Photos de presse et banque d'images
http://www.isopix.be/persfotos_photo...759221-st.aspx
http://www.isopix.be/persfotos_photo...759216-st.aspx
http://www.isopix.be/persfotos_photo...759214-st.aspx

Belga Picture
Old 02-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the pics, Marika.

I can't really tell, but it looks like Kate might have changed her outfit.

Red Dress
Old 02-25-2011, 01:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
That was fast ! tnks for the links :) waiting for videos

here's another one of St Andrews
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

^ What a nice video... Kate seems very outgoing & friendly.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Commoner

It looks like the same outfit to me, without the belt.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Red Dress
I believe she's wearing the same red dress. Just put a coat over it
Old 02-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Red Dress
According to me, she has. At St. Andrews, she wore a red jacket with black buttons and a red skirt (according to Richard Palmer: Twitter / Richard Palmer: Kate Middleton is wearing ...) and what at least seems to be a high black collar (not sure if it's a polo neck): Prince William and Kate Middleton back in St Andrews.

On your provided photograph, she doesn't wear the collar and wears a necklace. But of course she can just have left the black collar out.

Edit: I really do think she wears another dress, I don't see the black buttons either.

Yes, I know, I have way too much time on my hands to be studying these details . It's just because I like them so much .
Old 02-25-2011, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

^I think you're right. It appears she took off the turtleneck and belt, and added a necklace.

ETA: Skippy, I noticed the buttons too. I'm back to thinking she did change her outfit. Lol. Maybe we'll get a better view when more photos/videos emerge.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

William's speech

Old 02-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Royal Highness

Oh... I know I am not her mom, but I am so proud of her! Three enagements in, and she looks like a pro, so natural. I only wish back in the 80's they would have handled Diana and Sarah like this.

I am going to be a mess on the wedding day...and I know, I am not even British or related to them. How wonderful to see his parents' legacy live on in William, how wonderful to see him so proud of Catherine, and NOT jealous...how wonderful to see she seems to have all his support and love, you cannot fake that.

The British are very lucky if this is how their future King and his Queen will be...
Old 02-25-2011, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Prince William And Prince Harry Accompanied By Miss Middleton Visit The New Zealand High Commission. February 25, 2011

Getty Images - Browser non supportato rilevato

Photos without watermark

http://www.daylife.com/search/photos...igh+Commission
Old 02-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
^I think you're right. It appears she took off the turtleneck and belt, and added a necklace.

ETA: Skippy, I noticed the buttons too. I'm back to thinking she did change her outfit. Lol. Maybe we'll get a better view when more photos/videos emerge.
now i'm confused the dress looks more burgundy then the other one.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

She seems to have changed her outfit completely; gone from a red skirt with black polo neck and matching red suit top to wearing a red dress and black coat? :)
Old 02-25-2011, 02:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
She seems to have changed her outfit completely; gone from a red skirt with black polo neck and matching red suit top to wearing a red dress and black coat? :)
probably

US morning shows talking about W&K visit to St. Andrews
TODAY Show Video Player

http://abcnews.go.com/gma/video/roya...ection=1206828
Old 02-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Serene Highness

Absolutely wonderful! I think Catherine is doing a splendid job. She looks great and holds herself well. Im very happy and excited for this new generation of royals. I believe Catherine will do just fine as a princess and eventually Queen. Cheers!

Closed Thread

Tags
catherine middleton, kate middleton, prince william