The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 08:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Here is a different situation,I suppose.Prince Charles never enjoyed such a popularity as William does.I suppose Kate and William will be equally popular.
You are kidding aren't you? When Charles was young and single he was far, far more popular than William is now. He was The Prince of Wales and he really was the bee's knees. Andrew was too young to give him any competition.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Prince William and Kate Middleton arrive in St Andrews, Scotland, ahead of a visit to the University of St Andrews. February 24, 2011

BelgaPicture - Category details

Getty Images

Anticiaption in st Andrews before Kate Middleton and Prince William arrive - hellomagazine.com
her hair looks so great!

video:

CNN world will talked about them in a few minutes

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

"Svenskdam" photos and video from yesterday event

Kate och William på uppdrag tillsammans | Svensk Damtidning

"Billed Bladet" article and photogallery from yesterday event

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...d%20storm.aspx

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...c15BPxUF-xxa8w

Pure People

http://www.purepeople.com/article/le...epoux_a74703/1
Old 02-25-2011, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Why must everything be a comparison/compeititon?

This is not the Charles and Diana thread but the William and Catherine thread.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
You are kidding aren't you? When Charles was young and single he was far, far more popular than William is now. He was The Prince of Wales and he really was the bee's knees. Andrew was too young to give him any competition.
The whole monarchy was more popular back them. it's unfair to compare both of them , IMO.
William has a great amount of charm, and Catherine will be a great asset

Nice turn out!
Getty Images - Browser non supportato rilevato
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:13 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

A video from today's event:

Old 02-25-2011, 10:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
The whole monarchy was more popular back them. it's unfair to compare both of them , IMO.
William has a great amount of charm, and Catherine will be a great asset

Nice turn out!
Getty Images - Browser non supportato rilevato
Wow! Can't say they aren't generating public interest considering the size of the crowds that have gathered at both events. Kate is doing a remarkable job thus far. She seems at ease and warm with the public. Now that she is out of the shadows, I think everyone is quite surprised and impressed at how confident and natural she is at this. I know I am!
Old 02-25-2011, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger

Do you know who is this woman next to Kate?

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...Bmeo9/x610.jpg
Old 02-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Courtier

She looks great at the university - hair down is definitely her signature look. They make a great pair and seem to work well together.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Serene Highness

Getty Images - Browser non supportato rilevato ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Do you know who is this woman next to Kate?

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...Bmeo9/x610.jpg
She must be a PA of William. I remember she was at yesterday's event
Old 02-25-2011, 10:59 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Wow! Can't say they aren't generating public interest considering the size of the crowds that have gathered at both events. Kate is doing a remarkable job thus far. She seems at ease and warm with the public. Now that she is out of the shadows, I think everyone is quite surprised and impressed at how confident and natural she is at this. I know I am!
Now that Ms. Middleton is out of the shadows it does not surprise me that she is confident and a natural at the "princess job". If she can always smile in photos for the last 8 or so years I just knew she would do a wonderful job with Prince William.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Nice turn out!
That is a nice sized crowd.

Are they now heading to London to sign the condolence book for the NZ earthquake victims?
Old 02-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
That is a nice sized crowd.

Are they now heading to London to sign the condolence book for the NZ earthquake victims?
Has that been mentioned anywhere?
Old 02-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
BBC 24 has it on right now, the commentator is comparing them to Diana and Charles when the crowd screamed for Diana and ignored Charles.
Was it really that way or was that what was reported in the papers?

But even if it happened that way: The difference is that Diana was such a young lady while Charles already was a well-established man far older than her. No wonder this young fairytale princess drew the crowds. Especially as she worked with the media instead of ignoring them.

William and Catherine will age together and I don't see Catherine doing anything to upstage William. On the contrary, she has shown that she knows exactly how to avoid the media and how to keep the public focused on the idea of William and her as a team. She certainly is not playing for the ranks but does a good job on being friendly and dignified.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Was it really that way or was that what was reported in the papers?
I don't know whether to answer or not, but it wasn't reported. I heard it live on BBC News 24, they were walking around and the newsreader said "this reminds me of when Charles and Diana used to go on walk abouts and the crowds used to scream for Diana and Charles (the oldy) would be ignored" - that was the jist of it. I'll try and find a clip or something.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Has that been mentioned anywhere?
The Telegraph article that someone linked earlier mentioned that they would be there.

Quote:
Today (FRI) they will travel to the University of St Andrews, where they met as students in 2001, and where the Prince will formally be announced as patron of the 600th Anniversary Appeal.

They are also expected to join Prince Harry at New Zealand House in London to sign a book of condolence for victims of the earthquake.
Also, Richard Palmer tweeted that they would be signing the book today.

Quote:
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer
Kate Middleton will see the other side of royal duties later, joining William and Harry signing a condolence book for NZ quake victims.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Ahhh thank you for the quotes, that's a very nice gesture of the boys and Catherine. Charles signed it yesterday I think as well.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

You're welcome.

I just saw the video of Charles signing the book and meeting with staff. I definitely agree that it's a very a nice gesture.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger

Prince William and Kate Middleton back in St Andrews - hellomagazine.com
Old 02-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora
Here is a different situation,I suppose.Prince Charles never enjoyed such a popularity as William does.I suppose Kate and William will be equally popular.
Yes and this only Kate's second official royal engagement (maybe 3rd) so she is still new and exciting- plp will probably always love them but I just mean right now it's a feeling of oh new blood and how exciting romantic .....so of course they're excited maybe a bit more for her then him but it will settle back to equals I am sure... Or even if she remains more popular I think William can handle it!

Closed Thread

Tags
catherine middleton, kate middleton, prince william