The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 07:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Yay for Kate! I think she did great on this appearance! If she was nervous you couldn't tell!

Old 02-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
So proud of Kate, her champagne-christening - and her singing of the Welsh national anthem. What a great day for them (and William looks truly impressed, and she looks so happy to please him).

Makes me think that perhaps I could work a bit harder on my on Welsh and perhaps one day sing along.
Haha, me too! I can do the anthem (if I'm helped along with others singing too!) but not much else. Really should improve my Welsh, it's a lovely language.

Really impressed by both of them today, obviously it's only the start of things & anything can happen in the future but it bodes well I think.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow! Kate did wonderful today! It almost looks like she's fully adapted to her role. She seemed really comfortable. The only thing I thought weird was her face...she looks different to me, like she aged a bit.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Aristocracy

University creates William and Kate scholarship

Has this been posted yet? Now that's royalty!...any name suggestions
Old 02-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
WOW!! I knew Ms Middleton had the princess in her. What a wonderful job she did today. For what I saw today Catherine will be a very popular princess.
hope so!

love 1:34-1:36 ^^
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful photo of the couple I haven't seen this posted yet.
http://cdn.theblemish.com/images/201...te-600x294.jpg

I'm sorry but is it wrong I wanna cry I dunno why tbh I just feel SO happy and proud my god I'm going to be a bloody mess on wedding day if this how I am now!
Old 02-24-2011, 08:32 PM
Nobility

I started blubbing when they got out of the car. My husband is on the point of banning me from watching the wedding as I'm going to be so emotional haha
Old 02-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock221B View Post
University creates William and Kate scholarship

Has this been posted yet? Now that's royalty!...any name suggestions
I haven't seen it before. What about "Willate" or "Kill" ? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Beautiful photo of the couple I haven't seen this posted yet.
http://cdn.theblemish.com/images/201...te-600x294.jpg
own! this is new to me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I'm sorry but is it wrong I wanna cry I dunno why tbh I just feel SO happy and proud my god I'm going to be a bloody mess on wedding day if this how I am now!
Same here! I still can't wrap my head around it. in 2 months (+/-) they will be married . Can't wait to hear them referring to each other as wife and husband
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Commoner

I think shw did great for her 1st time. Better than anyone could expect. She seemed calm, relaxed but still poised. She seemed to interact easily with the public. The outfit was apropriate.

I believe she deserves a congratulation phone call from the Queen and the Prince of Wales today or tomorrow (after the visit to St. Andrews). I expect William must already have assured her how well she went on the way back home, but some positive reinforcement from The Queen or the PoW wouldn't harm.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Gentry

She did so well and looked so happy.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:14 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Ahhh... it is so great to see both William and Kate doing this engagement and looking as it they've done it a million times before. Both of them looked as pleased to meet the crowd as the crowd was to meet them. Kate really looked as if she was born to the royal engagement role and I think we really have a winning team in these two.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Video from GlobalTV
Royal couple's first public appearance - Video - Global News
Old 02-24-2011, 10:41 PM
Royal Highness

Has these been posted? Cute!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...1466-28231480/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...oyal-test.html
Old 02-24-2011, 11:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
I love this part: Miss Middleton expressed her surprise at the turnout, saying: "So many people, I can't believe it, it's incredible."
Wait till April 29th!
Old 02-25-2011, 12:01 AM
Nobility

The Telegraph announces this:
Kate and william back from scoland at the end of today are expected to join Prince Harry at New Zealand House in London to sign a book of condolence for victims of the earthquake.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate looks wonderful. Very stylish, I thought, and beautiful. A very good start.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
The Telegraph announces this:
Kate and william back from scoland at the end of today are expected to join Prince Harry at New Zealand House in London to sign a book of condolence for victims of the earthquake.
Oh that's great! Will we get any media from that appearance? I think we did last time Wills and Harry signed the condolence book
Old 02-25-2011, 12:22 AM
Nobility

Ahh! Just catching up. Kate looked beautiful. They make a fantastic couple, combining a certain regalness with friendliness and approachability. Tough combo!

These were some of my favorite pics from Hello! Big and gorgeous. Who was criticizing Kate's skin the other day? Lol. The last one, in particular, struck me...

Prince William and Kate Middleton visit Trearddur lifeboat station in Anglesey
Old 02-25-2011, 12:44 AM
Nobility

Prince William and Kate Middleton Tour Anglesey : People.com

Townspeople told PEOPLE they were proud to host the event, and remarked on how the high-profile couple enjoy a hassle-free life on the island.

"The majority of people don't bat an eyelid," said Trish Williams, 64. "She was shopping in Tesco's the other day, and she's been in Waitrose, and people don't bother her."

Anthony Smallshaw, 68, a retired landscape contractor, added of William: "He was in The Bull pub, at Valley, a couple of weeks ago playing darts with some friends. He was talking to the locals and one man called him 'sir.' He said, 'Call me William.' "

:)
Old 02-25-2011, 01:00 AM
Heir Apparent

I quite liked this article
Crowds hail princess-to-be Kate Middleton - mirror.co.uk

Closed Thread

Tags
catherine middleton, kate middleton, prince william