The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

They are lovely together shes wonderful and so bloody Beautiful

Old 02-24-2011, 01:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
Nobody notice the button in the hat .. it is the welsh emblem !!!! look at the feather in one of the button !
really? that's such a nice touch :)

Another video (I believe it was not posted)
BBC News - Royal engagement: William and Kate's Anglesey visit

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:49 PM
Courtier

Catherine looked absolutely lovely today. She has her own style, and she knows by herself what suits her the best. (The best accessory for her being Prince William on her arm! )

I'm even more impatient now for April 29th...

Old 02-24-2011, 01:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The pictures/footage is very nice, Wills'n'Kate look very comfortable with each other and the public. Without doubt a successful debut. I wish them well and hope they can both keep up their good spirits, events like today are exactly what people expect to see from them for the next decades.

William is Willie Windsor, more and more looking like his uncle Edward and with the looks/gestures/body statue of his father and grandfather. In his smile and nose Diana is recognizable but the rest screams Windsor-Mountbatten.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:54 PM
Courtier

I am not that much of a fan of her choice for hats but she looked absolutely fantastic today. They both did. I can't wait for the wedding to happen :-)
Old 02-24-2011, 02:11 PM

Well done Kate! She behaved like she was a born royal today, and William has every bit to be proud of her.

April 29th is going to be an exciting day!

Old 02-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
William is Willie Windsor, more and more looking like his uncle Edward and with the looks/gestures/body statue of his father and grandfather. In his smile and nose Diana is recognizable but the rest screams Windsor-Mountbatten.
I was thinking the exact same thing. He really is looking more like Edward.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Royal Highness

I watched all videos with great pleasure. She is very charming young lady. I like how she interacted with the public, it's very natural. I hope she will be more and more confident in the future. Prince William made the right choice.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Nobility

I join all others here in saying "WELL DONE!"

And so it begins.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:42 PM
Heir Apparent

She didn't need the boyfriend at all! LOL --- Go Kate!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymphna View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing. He really is looking more like Edward.
I agree. The big difference that I see is that he has his mother's nose, smile and a broader face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelo View Post
I join all others here in saying "WELL DONE!"

And so it begins.
IMO they both did very well. I believe that she'll continue to improve as she undertakes more engagements.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Very good job to the both of them very proud of them.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Nobility

They make a great appearance together
Kate looks confident and seems to have fun.

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 02-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Nobility

Very well done to both William and Catherine for having mastered the Welsh National Anthem. Welsh is not an easy language (I speak as one struggling to master basic Gaelic (Scottish version, not Irish)!). It is very important and shows respect to the people of the Principality. A very good start!
Old 02-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Aristocracy

I was really impressed with the event today. They seemed comfortable, confident, in good spirits & just generally I felt gave off an air of natural enjoyment. They didn't appear to be putting on anything for the cameras or sake of the event etc. Really lovely to see.

And I thought Kate looked great, the ankle boots aren't my taste but they looked good with the outfit as a whole plus at least she wore some other shoes so people won't be complaining about the same boots being worn all the time! LOVED the coat, like really loved it, I would go out & buy that coat if I didn't already own far too many coats to deal with! Also thought her hair worked really well, looked lovely, was great for the weather & outdoor situation & loved the detail with the Welsh emblem in the hat/fascinator thing. In fact loved the fact that both of them at the very least attempted Welsh (singing & in William's speech), really nice to see & fitting for where they were. A success all round I'd say.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:21 PM
Serene Highness

one more video,
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent

I had heard nothing but praise until now I went onto another board and they are calling her too pretentious. I did not get off that vibe at all I actually thought she complimented Prince William very well and they make a good team. I also haven't seen William this at ease in a LONG time!
Old 02-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae
I think it's adorable that William seems to keep looking at Kate like you ok? Just sweet that he is watching out for her but he needn't worry! She did fantastic and looked very assured, happy and royal! :) such a cute couple!
Old 02-24-2011, 05:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I had heard nothing but praise until now I went onto another board and they are calling her too pretentious. I did not get off that vibe at all I actually thought she complimented Prince William very well and they make a good team. I also haven't seen William this at ease in a LONG time!
which board is that? Theinternetforum? they are so resentful there, is actually kind of sad :P

BBC News - Royal engagement: William and Kate's Anglesey visit

I love that, at the end of the video, she asked the little girl if she was warm, very un-pretensious
Old 02-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

More photogallery from today event

Prince William & Kate Middleton: Lifeboat Naming Ceremony! | Kate Middleton, Prince William : Just Jared

El primer baño de multitudes de la futura princesa Catherine

Belga Picture
Belga Picture

Tags
catherine middleton, kate middleton, prince william