Prince William and Catherine Middleton Current Events 8: November 2009-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^Wonderful to hear! Last night I was kinda wondering if these two might make a trip to Japan what with all the devastation but I wonder if anyone goes perhaps it'll be the Queen this time...? This is SO random but what did the BRF do for 9/11?

The Queen made a statement on the day and The Star Spangled Banner was played by the guards' band outside Buckingham Palace. Members of the family have made official visits to Ground Zero.

^Wonderful to hear! Last night I was kinda wondering if these two might make a trip to Japan what with all the devastation but I wonder if anyone goes perhaps it'll be the Queen this time...? This is SO random but what did the BRF do for 9/11?

Ah thank you so much for the clarification. I still cannot believe days later how in love I am with seeing these two out in public, hope they do some more before the wedding!

William and Kate have diner in a chic restaurant in London yesterday evening.The Photos are in the News of the World but we need to have an account to see them. What a pity;

From Royal Reporter:

"So while off yesterday I missed the Middleton family having lunch at Clarence House. Pippa there with Alex Loudon, Michael, Carole."

From Royal Reporter:

"So while off yesterday I missed the Middleton family having lunch at Clarence House. Pippa there with Alex Loudon, Michael, Carole."

who is Alex Loudon? and who was the family's host at Clearance House?

Alex Loudon is a very well known crickter player and of course Pippa's boyfriend.

Hi Tiggersk8! Yes, I agree, it's fun to speculate about "the dress" but I would much rather be surprised. I was too little when Charles and Diana got married to know if people knew who the designer was or not beforehand.

To me it's like seeing the bride by the groom just before the wedding. I hope the press won't successfully pry too much. Or do something like leak photos, etc. It should be a fun surprise. :)

The couple look pretty tired in the photographs.

Really pleased about the amount of engagements taken before the wedding! nice!

Really pleased about the amount of engagements taken before the wedding! nice!

Same here! I have been pleasantly surprised at how KM seems to have jumped right in with both feet...she seems like a "natural".:flowers:

If she is nervous or ill at ease it doesn't show at all.

Wow! Looks as though there are a lot of folks in Blackburn who aren't too interested in the upcoming visit. Blackburn is kind of a pit and I hope nothing goes awry. It is a very republican community.

I'm referring to the DM article about Kate losing too much weight for the wedding day.
First Kate puts on the"ring" which is the blue sapphire she should not have accepted but chosen another. Now a repetition with some circulating weight loss stories similar to Diana's before the wedding. It started small..Hope this works out.

trip to australian and nz : the main reason why charles and camilla dont go is they tour spain, portugal and morocco and began their tour when william began his in new zealand. The three trip of the prince of wales was prepared months ago. (from the BBC

the funny thing is that at the same time we can compare the two tours day to day. The father and the son. at the opposite side of the world. It will be a first one the BRF is really amazing. The australian press said it was the only royal family to reinvente itself every time it's needed (forgive my poor english

Last edited by a moderator:
the funny thing is that at the same time we can compare the two tours day to day. The father and the son. at the opposite side of the world. It will be a first one the BRF is really amazing. The australian press said it was the only royal family to reinvente itself every time it's needed (forgive my poor english

Rosapru, tnks for the info (that's why we are here for, ;)). And I myself was very surprise about this trip, since PW visited Australia and New Zealand a not too long time ago, but founded the "gesture" really appropriate and sweet.

I was wrong yesterday when I say Charles to do a tour of spain, portugal and morocco at the same dates as william is in OZ and NZ. In fact, charles begins his tour on the 26th march and william will be back from his tour on the 23th march.

First Kate puts on the"ring" which is the blue sapphire she should not have accepted but chosen another. Now a repetition with some circulating weight loss stories similar to Diana's before the wedding. It started small..Hope this works out.
I cant imagine any bride refusing the ring her fiance offers her, heirloom or not. It would be very rude. If it is not to her taste, after the wedding she will have many pieces of jewelry to choose from. It's a beautiful ring, and I would love to have it in my jewelry box.

No woman with class or breeding will tell a man who is proposing marriage to her, that she will refuse the ring because it's not new.

Well said, Sister Morphine. Some people are just so determined that nothing to do with Diana ever sees the light of day that they would turn away a beautiful historically significant jewel. It would have been incredibly rude.

A lot of couples choose the engagement (and wedding ring)together probably just to be sure the woman likes it. Yet traditionally the engagement ring is meant to be a gift to help persuade the girl to marry the guy so probably not technically correct to pick out your own gift.

I don't know Kate so I could not say for sure if she likes the ring, or not, she seems a bit nervous when she wears it, and moves her hand awkwardly. Maybe she's worried about somehow losing it as William already said jokingly that she'd be in big trouble! :p

It would be nice if Kate had met Diana, and they knew Diana would want her to have it for certain. To me I would prefer a vintage ring, or one that my husband to be had designed for me, etc. There is some baggage with that ring which makes me feel it would have been better for William to pass it on to his first born instead and put some extra years in between someone wearing it.

Having wrote that I could not see in any situation where Kate would have dreamed of turning that ring down (and perhaps they discussed it beforehand?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom