The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Majesty

BBC News - Royal wedding: William and Kate arrive in Anglesey
Royal wedding: William and Kate arrive in Anglesey

Prince William and Kate Middleton have arrived on Anglesey for their first official engagement as a couple.
Hundreds of people gathered to welcome the couple who are the guests of honour at an event to name a new RNLI lifeboat at Trearddur Bay.
A palace spokesman said the couple asked for their first joint engagement to be on Anglesey, where they have a home.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Another tweet from Richard Palmer: "Kate looks self-assured, like she's enjoying herself."

Old 02-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Royal Highness

Catherine looks great and is having fun meeting people and singing the anthems. What a beautiful, sunny smile she has - with charming dimples.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:32 AM
Majesty

Prince William and Kate Middleton arrive at lifeboat station for first joint Royal engagement | Mail Online

Prince William and Kate Middleton arrive at lifeboat station for first joint Royal engagement

Prince William and Kate Middleton have arrived at an RNLI lifeboat station for their first public appearance.

The couple smiled and waved to a jubilant crowd of hundreds gathered at Trearddur Bay in Anglesey, North Wales, where the attending a service of dedication for a new vessel before meeting well-wishers later.
The couple joined in with a hymn shortly after their arrival.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

Here's a video of Kate and William singing the Welsh national anthem.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Serene Highness

All I can say is WOW They look amazing and Catherine looks very self-assured. I am amazed...
Old 02-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
All I can say is WOW They look amazing and Catherine looks very self-assured. I am amazed...
Agreed, she does look very comfortable. Catherine did well to learn the Welsh national anthem in advance.

It is also clearly very windy there.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Royal Highness

I only hope Catherine didn't sing the parody for English speakers which sound quite similar to the original text...

My hen laid a haddock, one hand oiled a flea,Glad farts and centurions threw dogs in the sea,I could stew a hare here and brandish Dan's flan,Don's ruddy bog's blocked up with sand. (Cytgan - Chorus) Dad! Dad! Why don't you oil Auntie Glad?Can whores appear in beer bottle pies,O butter the hens as they fly!From Wikipedia: Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 02-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Interesting, she does look a lot more confident. Fingers crossed for the future.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Serene Highness

Catherine looks so elegant (more than usual) in that outfit! She does seem confident and sure of her position, she seems to be grasping the "royal lifestyle" so to say.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:22 AM
Serene Highness

Unless I'm mistaken, this may be one of the first times we've seen Kate with her hair pulled up and back. Perhaps a hint of how it will look at the wedding. I am hoping that her hair is pulled up and back for a nice tiara. I don't like brides with their hair hanging down --- looks too messy.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

The both look wonderfull and so glad to see Catherine taking that extra effort. So happy she wore a tifter as well! I like the pony tail, you can really see her pretty face that way. Can't wait for more photos
Old 02-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, she really does look confident. I really like the outfit.

Suztav, I think you're right. I can only recall one other time when she wore her hair pulled back. I actually like it this way. Hopefully she'll wear it up for the wedding.

Here are a few more photos.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate looks so comfortable and at ease in the pictures. Wow is right!!

Love her coat/outfit. Very classic.

Thanks to one and all for the links!!
Old 02-24-2011, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

I've watched the event on Sky news. I've really appreciated how Kate seemed very self-assured.

http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.c...nt-lifeboat/1/
Old 02-24-2011, 10:59 AM
Commoner

From the Telegraph (both with videos):

Prince William and Kate Middleton launch lifeboat Hereford Endeavour
Video: Prince William and Kate Middleton launch lifeboat Hereford Endeavour - Telegraph

Prince William and Kate Middleton visit Anglesey on first official engagement
Video: Prince William and Kate Middleton visit Anglesey on first official engagement - Telegraph
Old 02-24-2011, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Kate Middleton word-perfect for Welsh anthem

First Royal appearance (video)- ABC News
Old 02-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Commoner

From the Daily Mail (with video):

Prince William and Kate Middleton visit lifeboat station for first joint Royal engagement
Prince William and Kate Middleton arrive at lifeboat station for first joint Royal engagement | Mail Online
Old 02-24-2011, 11:09 AM
Nobility

Just gorgeous look for Kate today.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Looks very windy; hope it isn't so windy on their wedding day!

Closed Thread

Tags
catherine middleton, kate middleton, prince william