The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 11:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

One more thing to add...

I love how some are saying Kate needs to do what Diana did and spend the first year getting to know the UK. One small problem w/saying that. From what I've read over the years, that first overseas visit to Australia was actually supposed to happen the Spring/Summer of 1982. The birth of a certain Prince ended up taking place instead, so the Aussie/New Zealand tour ended up needing to be pushed back.

If she hadn't become pregnant w/William, Diana would have experienced her first overseas tour far sooner than she did. All of the new Royal Brides have to do it at some point and I just don't get why some are up in arms over all of this.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:07 PM
Majesty

Yes, I agree. I can't even think of a home-grown celebrity/gossip magazine, come to think of it. We seem to depend more on American magazines like People and US and all the other ones.There's Hello! Canada, but the coverage there isn't nasty. And there's E! Canada as well. But I'd say that a lot of our tabloid coverage is imported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelo View Post
Another point to add- there is very little tabloid journalism in Canada- certainly nothing compared to England or the US.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post

If she hadn't become pregnant w/William, Diana would have experienced her first overseas tour far sooner than she did. All of the new Royal Brides have to do it at some point and I just don't get why some are up in arms over all of this.

OK, I stand corrected.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quebec separatist group pledges to disrupt royal tour | Canada | News | Toronto Sun
Old 02-23-2011, 07:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
He does look more like Harry like the Mail says.
That was my first thought too.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:08 AM
Nobility

check what the magazine said in the number of this week (Hola is a very serious mag):

Revista ¡HOLA! - Sumario
Old 02-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Aristocracy

Tiny bit of info on tomorrow's event with William & Kate going to a naming ceremony of a lifeboat.

Trearddur Bay RNLI lifeboat volunteers ready for Royal visit
Old 02-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
He does look more like Harry like the Mail says.
I agree. I also think the actress is rather short isn't Kate 5'10 or 5'11. This girl from what I looked up is not even 5'7. It might have been a nice role for a taller then average girl to get.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:00 AM
Courtier

today is the boat naming event? or tomorrow (the 25th)?
Old 02-24-2011, 07:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
today is the boat naming event? or tomorrow (the 25th)?
Today, they are going to St. Andrews tomorrow.

Does anyone have an idea at what time today's event will take place?
Old 02-24-2011, 07:43 AM
Royal Highness

I love this article, it shows Prince Williams really loves Catherine Middleton.

How Prince William has smoothed Kate Middleton's path to royal duty - hellomagazine.com

BBC News - Royal wedding: William and Kate to visit Anglesey

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/9405778.stm
Old 02-24-2011, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Skippy, according to Skynews the event starts at 1:00.

Quote:
SkyNewsHack Paul Harrison
#Royal – tweeting from royal visit to lifeboat station today will be troublesome – virtually no mobile signal! Watch it live on Sky News 1pm
Oops, I see rossop answered already.

According to Richard Palmer, so far there are around 500 people waiting to see them. He also said that Kate is expected to do her first walkabout today.

If anyone is in the US, the Today Show just said they were going to show some of the event.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:59 AM
Aristocracy

BBC just had a live report from Angelsey & event isn't starting yet, just doing build up etc. Crowds are there though already. 2pm appears to be the expected time of everything starting.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:26 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

BBC News - Royal wedding: William and Kate to visit Anglesey
Old 02-24-2011, 08:27 AM
Majesty

BBC News - Royal wedding: Kate Middleton prepares for public life

Royal wedding: Kate Middleton prepares for public life
Old 02-24-2011, 08:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossop7 View Post
May want to switch it on in the background a few mins earlier...guy on tv just said they're expected to arrive in 20mins
I just realized I can only watch Sky News International on my laptop which only seems to repeat the same thing - minus any Anglesey news.

Any chance for me to watch from Europe?
Old 02-24-2011, 08:42 AM
Aristocracy

Oh not sure, obviously being in UK the BBC works fine for me but not for those outside UK. Not sure about live stream websites for news channels I'm afraid...you could maybe try ITV1 (http://www.itv.com/watchitv/), they're showing something of the event too but no idea if their website video works outside UK.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:54 AM
Aristocracy

They're there, shaking hands, talking to officials etc. Kate's got her hair tied back & I don't think she is wearing THE boots Love her coat.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:04 AM
Royal Highness

according to other tweets she is singing both anthems: Welsh and British
Old 02-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Aristocracy

Did the Welsh anthem! Nice touch!

Closed Thread

Tags
catherine middleton, kate middleton, prince william