Prince William and Catherine Middleton Current Events 8: November 2009-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she had not smiled that would have been a problem too...can't please everyone all the time now can you!!!!!

Oh, I agree and I am not bothered by her smiling at all. I just mentioned it in response to some posters who had noticed it.

take a look at 01:15-01:20. own ^^
He really looks so proud of her. As it should be!
amen
Ahhh, I love those little gestures... What a gentleman, it makes me all warm inside :flowers:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ms. Middleton changed her clothes.
I think she is really taking each event very seriously and planning for it:
In the morning at St. Andrews being casual in red with boots.
Later at New Zeland House black and heels for mourning.

BTW I watched the BBC video and Catherine acted appropriately except for signing the condolence book. I think she needs a little princess training about not smiling all the time.

I always wished I could smile like her. She must be a real nice, happy person.

Last edited:
Ms. Middleton just changed after St. Andrew's event took by taking off the black polo so she would not be hot with the black coat. I am almost sure she wore a red suit all day.
Are you suggesting that she wore this dress underneath the black polo neck in St. Andrews? Meaning that she wore 3 layers of clothing in Scotland?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering if it was a dress she was wearing earlier, not a skirt, so just removed the jacket and put a black coat on. If she had completely changed the outfit then she would have been criticised for wearing 2 outfits ??

Has she been criticised?

She does seem to bring a fresh approach to mannerliness and civility, without being the least bit stuffy. The Commonwealth is lucky to have a tradition where young people are able to be role models in these areas, and Kate approaches it very well. It's clear she still maintains her individuality, and to me, she seems to light up when she looks at Prince William. All of that makes her very appealing to the rest of the world.

We have no equivalent in the United States that I can think of; young women get famous for being models or actresses, but they rarely go on to be models of civility or decorum.

Catherine look better today than yesterday IMO, the change of clothes was a good idea if it was that. Red looks wonderful on her.

Last edited:
They look very good today. They seem to enjoy their new public experiences as a couple. For me Catherine doing it very well, with natural charm and smile. People really like her I think, she could be one of the most popular member of the family in the future. I'm glad to see them in this very important place for them.

Signing the book of condolences is a very kind gesture from the young generation.
Hope they'll spend nice weekend in London.

Are you suggesting that she wore this dress underneath the black polo neck in St. Andrews? Meaning that she wore 3 layers of clothing in Scotland?

Skippy I changed my mind. Edited by post. Go to it.:flowers:

Umm small & utterly silly thing to notice really but has anyone else noticed that her signature in the condolence book is different to that thank you/guest book note that supposedly she wrote after their stay in Kenya where they got engaged...like the M in Middleton is totally different (I remember the M in the Kenya guestbook looked really strange like the lines were almost making an X instead of an M). Not that it means anything but maybe that note the papers all published from that guestbook wasn't actually by W&K? :lol:

^could be!! I dont trust the media these days at all!

Last edited:
Umm small & utterly silly thing to notice really but has anyone else noticed that her signature in the condolence book is different to that thank you/guest book note that supposedly she wrote after their stay in Kenya where they got engaged...like the M in Middleton is totally different (I remember the M in the Kenya guestbook looked really strange like the lines were almost making an X instead of an M). Not that it means anything but maybe that note the papers all published from that guestbook wasn't actually by W&K? :lol:

I'd have to go back and look at both of them, but it could also just be that it's a matter of time and experiences. I know when I'm signing a wedding guest book (meant to be seen by people I know-or as a "memory") my signature looks totally different then if I'm signing a random guest book (not really meant to be seen by anyone specific)...Even day to day or holiday card to holiday card my signature has been known to change, sometimes fairly drastically!

OMG, I am 40...I feel WAY too old for this...but I kind of can't help myself! Maybe I should stop trying to figure it out and just go along with the flow as it's so much fun!

I think it's great! It's especially nice to see Prince William happy, IMO, because while he's had an enormously privileged life in many ways he's also had more than his share of difficulties and tragedy. Being in the middle of the Charles and Diana saga from start to finish couldn't have been easy and then of course there was the horrible death of his mother. After all that I think it's wonderful he seems to have turned into a good person who's been lucky enough to find another good person to share his life with.. not everyone is so lucky!

NEW ZELAND SIGNATURE: she was smiling in return to the smile and probably nice words of the woman dressed in blue with grey hair. I fyou look at the succession of photos you clearly understand that. She is a clever and intelligent girl and in no way she was smiling for other reason than politness towards their hosts. The man in grey suit welcomed them with great smiles too (maybe they compliment them for their forthcoming wedding)

^^^ All very true points and thanks for that.

As for the "Compairing Diana and Kate police"...The Mods are just trying to keep it to the level it should be, which is the bare minimun. It does get rather old to bop over here to see the latest stuff and have to wade through oodles of postings comparing Kate to this about Diana and that about Diana and on and on and on.

The Mods are only doing their jobs and as the Fandom Forum Moderator at a Lord of the Rings MB I can tell you it's not only not easy, but sometimes also thankless at times. They not only have my respect, but also thanks for the great job they're doing. Especially now as we're close to T-Two Months and Counting to Wedding Day. :flowers:

Last edited:
Prince William and Kate Middleton receive early wedding gift from St Andrews | News

Fleet Street is rarely united but, today, on one thing it agrees: a star is born. In her first two days of official engagements, Kate Middleton has been transformed from pretty girlfriend to royal media princess. She even seems to be enjoying herself. Kate looked instantly comfortable in the spotlight as she poured champagne on a lifeboat yesterday and returned to her former university today. All eyes were on her. In case you failed to notice, Prince William was there too.

Suddenly the monarchy is interesting again. Britain has a new showbiz queen. And a fashion icon too - what she wears will be endlessly scrutinised and often copied.

Following the Standard's lead, The Times and the Daily Telegraph featured her picture beaming out from the front pages this morning, both dedicating more space to her than world events. "Kate's a corker," said the Daily Mirror.

Even the Guardian, which prefers to sneer at or ignore the royals, dedicated half a page - and a cut-out-and-keep guide to how well she was meeting the rules of the royal walkabout.

In short, a girl born a commoner is the most exciting thing to happen to the British royal family for 30 years.

Richard Palmer, royal correspondent of the Daily Express, noted the crowd's cheers and her "assured" presence. He tweeted: "My verdict on Kate? She's going to be a real star."

I'm standing on my bed and cheering a bit. :p Looking for The Guardian pull-out...

Campaigners sing Kate’s praises over anthem - Wales News - News - WalesOnline

“Kate has not received any coaching or Welsh language lessons as such, she wasn’t asked to learn the National Anthem at all,” a palace spokesman said.

“In fact it was very much a conscious decision by Kate herself, she was aware of this visit for some time and aware that the Anthem would be sung so took it upon herself to learn the words which is commendable.”

It actually makes me sad there's no way for me to make some pictures on newscom, rexfeatures and isifa cause they are stunning in the sense that they really show the connection between Kate and William even with small things little gestures and such you can tell.

As for the "Compairing Diana and Kate police"...The Mods are just trying to keep it to the level it should be, which is the bare minimun. It does get rather old to bop over here to see the latest stuff and have to wade through oodles of postings comparing Kate to this about Diana and that about Diana and on and on and on.

My comment was not aimed at the Mods. There are other members on here who have made comments about things people have said ... sometimes unwarranted as they have misunderstood what was meant. Sometimes these comments can be quite hurtful. Maybe we all need to lighten up a bit.:)

I don't think there are any "police" as such.
In this case the comment was warranted but I think it was good that we all stopped and considered whether there was need to make it.
As you say, the look is classic and Catherine kept it current with the black buttons and the long boots.

Okay, so maybe you don't like my use of the word police. Clearly you don't get my sense of humour. But there are other members on here who have made comments about things people have said ... sometimes unwarranted as they have misunderstood what was meant. Sometimes these comments can be quite hurtful. Maybe we all need to lighten up a bit.:)

And maybe we should all get back on topic.

Thanks!

Zonk

The Mods are only doing their jobs and as the Fandom Forum Moderator at a Lord of the Rings MB I can tell you it's not only not easy, but sometimes also thankless at times. They not only have my respect, but also thanks for the great job they're doing. Especially now as we're close to T-Two Months and Counting to Wedding Day. :flowers:

Excellent post and I agree our mods do an excellent job here. :flowers:

Rosapru said:
NEW ZELAND SIGNATURE: she was smiling in return to the smile and probably nice words of the woman dressed in blue with grey hair. I fyou look at the succession of photos you clearly understand that. She is a clever and intelligent girl and in no way she was smiling for other reason than politness towards their hosts. The man in grey suit welcomed them with great smiles too (maybe they compliment them for their forthcoming wedding)

Ok I said it was a small nit pick but she did in fact smile as she was signing it- whereas Prince Charles and William appeared very somber. Polite smiles yes but in my opinion (and others out there too) she was too smiley for such a sad occasion- as another poster pointed out maybe she was nervous or needs more princess lessons- I'm not knocking her but if we can't point out things or even say our opinion (as long as it's respectful) what's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom