The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 07:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Perfect choice for their next engagements. Not only is it special to them, but is a lovely connection for all concerned.

Can't wait to see the pictures coming up. :)

Old 02-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I answered my own question:(SCROLL DOWN TO THE END)Kate and Wills WILL do a walkabout next week.
'Make me best man or I'm not coming': Key wedding role for William's brother (but no wild stag night) | Mail Online

Old 02-15-2011, 07:16 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Kate and William to return to St Andrews | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com
Old 02-15-2011, 03:10 PM
Serene Highness

can't wait! lovely idea :)
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:23 PM
Nobility

Confirmation/announcement of Canada trip expected tomorrow.

CBC News - Canada - Prince William, Kate to visit Canada in June, July

An official from Canada said late Tuesday the newlyweds will travel across the country from the end of June to mid-July.

The two will take part in Canada Day celebrations in Ottawa on July 1. Their stay will also include a trip to the Arctic.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Governor General David Johnston will make the announcement on Wednesday.

Apparently June 30-July 8.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:34 AM
Heir Apparent

I think I'm going to cry of happiness tomorrow *crossing fingers for Vancouver to be one of their stops*
Old 02-16-2011, 01:41 AM
Nobility

jdcharlie you are too terrific to have find this article regarding the confirmation of the canadian trip. Ghost you are so lucky to live in canada!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Royal Highness

can't wait...hope i'll make it to this one!
Old 02-16-2011, 10:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Kate Middleton and Prince William: Canada for first trip abroad as married couple | Mail Online
Old 02-16-2011, 11:21 AM
Royal Highness

Clarence House confirmed it on Twitter

from the site of Canadian Governor
Quote:
Royal Tour Announcement

February 16, 2011
His Royal Highness Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton to Undertake a Royal Tour of Canada

OTTAWA—His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, is pleased to announce that His Royal Highness Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton have accepted the invitation to undertake a Royal Tour of Canada, extended to them on behalf of the Government of Canada.

The Royal Tour by Prince William and Miss Middleton will include Alberta, the Northwest Territories, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and the National Capital Region. The tour will take place from June 30 to July 8, 2011.

The Royal Tour will be coordinated by Mr. Kevin MacLeod, C.V.O., C.D., Canadian Secretary to The Queen. A detailed itinerary will be published at a later date by the Department of Canadian Heritage.

-30-

Media information:

Marie-Ève Létourneau
Rideau Hall Press Office
613-998-0287
marie-eve.letourneau@gg.ca

Department of Canadian Heritage
Media Relations
819-994-9101
media@pch.gc.ca
Old 02-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
Clarence House confirmed it on Twitter

from the site of Canadian Governor
In the 8-9 days they are in Canada, W&C will probably undertake a fair few public engagements. Talk about a gentle introduction to royal duties for Catherine!!
Old 02-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Royal Highness

looks like they won't be in my part of the east coast :(
Old 02-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Majesty

Looks like the closest they'll be to me is Prince Edward Island, which is a few hours' drive. To see them, I'd make the trip. I think that Canada's a good choice for a first trip as a married couple because we're only five hours' flight away, which is fairly close in international terms. Our Parliament buildings look like the ones in London, too. They might feel more at home there than in buildings that look completely different. I'm confident that they'll get a very warm--and polite--welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
In the 8-9 days they are in Canada, W&C will probably undertake a fair few public engagements. Talk about a gentle introduction to royal duties for Catherine!!
Old 02-16-2011, 11:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Looks like the closest they'll be to me is Prince Edward Island, which is a few hours' drive. To see them, I'd make the trip. I think that Canada's a good choice for a first trip as a married couple because we're only five hours' flight away, which is fairly close in international terms. Our Parliament buildings look like the ones in London, too. They might feel more at home there than in buildings that look completely different. I'm confident that they'll get a very warm--and polite--welcome.
I agree that Canada is a good choice for the first tour for William and Catherine as a married couple. After all, they are the future King and Queen of Canada, and it is important they start to build linkages for themselves directly with the people and organisations.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Personally, I don't like the first trip abroad being to Canada. A tour of the UK would have been nicer.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Personally, I don't like the first trip abroad being to Canada. A tour of the UK would have been nicer.
I am sure they will undertake a number of engagements around the country in the first year, though I doubt a specific "trip around the UK" will be organised. These engagements will need to be balanced with William's commitments at the SAR.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I'm sure they will, but I would prefer it if they did trips in their own country, before going abroad.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I'm sure they will, but I would prefer it if they did trips in their own country, before going abroad.
In time, they will the King and Queen of Canada, just as they will be King and Queen of the UK, so I guess Canada is just as much "their own country". The wedding will be in the UK, and they will be doing a number of engagements in the UK as well, so I don't necessarily feel the UK is being neglected.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

no Vancouver? I'm so let down.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Courtier

oh lala they're coming to Quebec (somewhere in the province) and to Ottawa - so I might be able to see them twice. oh lala

Closed Thread

Tags
catherine middleton, kate middleton, prince william