The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 06:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
Impossible for William to not be at the Baftas. He is the president and the ceremony is on sunday night and the date is staged for months so william did arrange his schedule around this date for sure. No way he can say it does go well with his military duties.
He doesn't decide when he is on duty at the base. He might put in a request for days to be rostered in certain ways but first and foremost they have to ensure that enough personel are on duty and that those that have been on duty for a certain period of time are also getting the right amount of rest.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Royal Highness

http://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item=20463398

Random-William' fav desert is bananas flan

Old 02-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

New (2006) Wills 'n' Harry photo

Brothers at ease: New photo shows casual Princes William and Harry at their most informal

Prince William and Harry in new exhibition at London's National Portrait Gallery | Mail Online

A never-before-seen photograph of Princes William and Harry will show the brothers in a whole new light when it goes on display for the first time. The intimate black-and-white picture captures the princes, dressed in jeans, chinos and shirts, as close as ever.

Taken in December 2006 by photographer Fergus Greer, the picture was commissioned for use around the time of the Concert for Diana - a 2007 musical tribute to commemorate the life of the princes' mother - but was never released. Now Clarence House has given the National Portrait Gallery permission to use the image at a new exhibition.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love that picture. Harry especially looks quite handsome.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

I LOVE that pic! Love how they're so relaxed and at ease.

Why does Chelsy have to come as Harry's date? She could come as a friend of the bride.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5
I LOVE that pic! Love how they're so relaxed and at ease.

Why does Chelsy have to come as Harry's date? She could come as a friend of the bride.
Ah and this begs the question are they (Kate and Chelsy) friends? I've read no but who knows if that's true......
Old 02-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Gentry

It was announced today that Canada Post has reversed its earlier decision and will now issue two Royal Wedding stamps on May 2.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Courtier

The likeness between Prince Harry and the D of E is striking.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweir View Post
It was announced today that Canada Post has reversed its earlier decision and will now issue two Royal Wedding stamps on May 2.
Happy to hear that will definitely getting those stamps when they're released
Old 02-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
It's not impossible, he can say he doesn't want to go if he can't make it.
He is the president, but it's not like he'll have a lot to do. Maybe give out an award.
If he's attending it should be in the diary, he does have his own section.
I really hope William & Kate appear at the BAFTA award ceremony. We have seen so little of them since the engagement announcement. I understand he is working, she's busy with wedding stuff & they want to keep a fairly low profile BUT a few more appearances would be lovely. Are there any scheduled before the big day? On a related point, I am surprised we haven't had any further published pics from the Testino session. There must be more on the way surely?
Old 02-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Nobility

From the Telegraph today :
Kate Middleton’s new venue
Westminster Abbey will not be the only church at which guests can see Prince William marry Kate Middleton.
Southwell Minster, in Nottinghamshire, is to hold a live screening of the wedding on a big screen in its nave and hopes that other cathedrals will follow its lead.
“We can’t all be in London, but at least this is one way we can join together for a day of national celebration,” says the Very Rev John Guille, Dean of Southwell.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Nobility

I said it's impossible for William not to be at the BAFTA because the date of the show is scheduled far in advance and his own schedule probabley take into consideration his duties and his map is adjust well in advance when his has to perform his duties, what's the point to accept to take the role of president of the BAFTA if it's to not be present at the ceremony? It will be a non sense
Old 02-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
From the Telegraph today :
Kate Middleton’s new venue
Westminster Abbey will not be the only church at which guests can see Prince William marry Kate Middleton.
Southwell Minster, in Nottinghamshire, is to hold a live screening of the wedding on a big screen in its nave and hopes that other cathedrals will follow its lead.
“We can’t all be in London, but at least this is one way we can join together for a day of national celebration,” says the Very Rev John Guille, Dean of Southwell.
That, I think, is a lovely gesture. I'm sure it will add to the national feeling of cheers and joyfulness
Old 02-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Nobility

Last year it was not in his diary, I learned he was named president of the bafta the day before the show on the BBC website and after it was mentioned on the website of the academy of the cinema. The day of the ceremony there was no mention. It's pretty normal, it's exactly the same that the christmas show he went with Kate. No mention of it on the website of the prince of wales in william's section. It has been indicated after the show with photos of william and kate.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Nobility

See on the BAFTA website ... Ceremony of the Bafta on 13 02 .... under the patronage (zut dont remember the words) of our president HRA Prince william of wales.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Nobility

From the VANCOUVERSUN : It has also emerged that Miss Middleton is receiving instruction on public speaking ahead of her wedding, and she has been learning French and Spanish. "Kate has been happy to get some guidance on public speaking," said a friend. "The French and Spanish lessons were very much her own idea, though.

At the end of the paper it's indicated ... Copyright "The Telegraph"

Old 02-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
From the VANCOUVERSUN : It has also emerged that Miss Middleton is receiving instruction on public speaking ahead of her wedding, and she has been learning French and Spanish. "Kate has been happy to get some guidance on public speaking," said a friend. "The French and Spanish lessons were very much her own idea, though.

At the end of the paper it's indicated ... Copyright "The Telegraph"

If true, good for her! I remember reading somewhere that the Queen is fluent in French. I wonder what other languages she speaks? Did William learn languages in school?
Old 02-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Ah I'd love for her to give a short speech in French if they come over to Canada. Good for her!
Old 02-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I really hope William & Kate appear at the BAFTA award ceremony. We have seen so little of them since the engagement announcement. I understand he is working, she's busy with wedding stuff & they want to keep a fairly low profile BUT a few more appearances would be lovely. Are there any scheduled before the big day? On a related point, I am surprised we haven't had any further published pics from the Testino session. There must be more on the way surely?
But after the wedding we will hear about them for all the time
Old 02-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I think that the two we've seen are going to be the only ones made public. The other ones taken I presume will remain in the private collection of William and Kate.

Closed Thread

Tags
catherine middleton, kate middleton, prince william