The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 06:07 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison20 View Post
I cannot believe that she would go to a wedding not wearing tights.
She's wearing tights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Are tights and nylons inter-changeable words in Britain? Here nylons are sheer, tights are heavier fabric (like ballerinas wear w/ tutus or little girls w/ dresses.)
I'm not sure but I guess you could say so.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Then I will take the "hate" for her; I am one of those who can eat all they want and not gain
Ha! Skippy! You're funny

Sndral: Yes! Thank goodness someone else commented on the sheer top! The second wedding she wears this to?

I'm thinking everybody is looking at what she's wearing and they are shocked as to whether, or not, she's wearing stockings? I barely noticed she had legs! Why on earth wear black/dark clothes and a sheer top to a wedding? She should hope nobody tries to upstage her at her wedding....

Old 01-10-2011, 06:22 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

^^^^^^
It's a dress, and she wore it previously to the wedding of P&A, where she met The Queen, I learnt yesterday.
She's wearing sheer tights apparently, and the weather isn't that bad anymore.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:45 AM
Serene Highness

That's what I meant with the "guns" for her attire.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Majesty

What they call "tights", North Americans call panty-hose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Are tights and nylons inter-changeable words in Britain?
Old 01-10-2011, 09:20 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

"Hello" article about the presence of William and Kate at the wedding of their friends Sarah Louise Stourton and Harry Aubrey-Fletcher on saturday

Kate Middleton and Prince William attend society wedding - hellomagazine.com
Old 01-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince William and Kate Middleton at same wedding as old flames | The Sun |News
Old 01-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
"Hello" article about the presence of William and Kate at the wedding of their friends Sarah Louise Stourton and Harry Aubrey-Fletcher on saturday

Kate Middleton and Prince William attend society wedding - hellomagazine.com
Its good to see Catherine support British business in what appear to be shoes from LK Bennett - all very affordable at a sale price of £150, down from £295.

Aquarius 2 Shoe Damson L.K.Bennett
Old 01-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Serene Highness

Prince William wedding singer options : People.com)
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Nobility

I liked this take on the black and the repeat wearing.

Kate's fascinating fashion - Wedding fever

On another topic, the BAFTA nominations are coming out soon (1st batch today) and the awards are in February. Prince William is the President, right? I'm hoping for a red carpet appearance by Kate and William...
Old 01-11-2011, 02:38 AM
Nobility

Ceremony of the BAFTA is on 13 February... we just have to wait until this day to see Kate on the red carpet
Old 01-11-2011, 02:54 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
Ceremony of the BAFTA is on 13 February... we just have to wait until this day to see Kate on the red carpet
I'm sure that whatever Kate wears will be very well scrutinized. Wasn't it an occasion such as this that Diana first appeared in her little black number that drew so much attention? Well... Kate's already done her little black number (with sheer frontal view) and it was a recycled outfit with a bit of a change. This girl knows how to accessorize! I'm betting on red for the BAFTA.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Its good to see Catherine support British business in what appear to be shoes from LK Bennett - all very affordable at a sale price of £150, down from £295.

Aquarius 2 Shoe Damson L.K.Bennett
Affordable - for the very rich maybe but ordinary people couldn't afford that sort of price for shoes (well I couldn't - and I earn nearly $100.000 in Australia but $250 for a pair of shoes - no way - the entire outfit maybe).
Old 01-11-2011, 05:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Affordable - for the very rich maybe but ordinary people couldn't afford that sort of price for shoes (well I couldn't - and I earn nearly $100.000 in Australia but $250 for a pair of shoes - no way - the entire outfit maybe).
LK Bennett are a very popular shoe and fashion retailer in the UK, with about a 110 retail stores. Each of us make our own decisions on what we spend on what, but LKB are recognised for providing elegant, fashionable and sexy footwear. Their brand positioning is certainly above the average high street (M&S, Next etc), but under the established premium players (Gucci, Jimmy Choo etc). I am sorry to hear that you will not be enjoying their excellent footwear.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:31 AM
Nobility

I'm betting for red on the carpet on 13 February too. Anyone else a suggestion?
Old 01-12-2011, 02:38 AM
Nobility

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Prince William and Kate Middleton: Happy ever laughter
Old 01-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent

posted this in the musings and suggestions thread but it got ignored so I thought it may be a better idea to post this here
Quote:
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer

@nakitamarie My understanding is William and Kate won't be at the Baftas. They will have some more public duties together but not that soon.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:03 AM
Nobility

Impossible for William to not be at the Baftas. He is the president and the ceremony is on sunday night and the date is staged for months so william did arrange his schedule around this date for sure. No way he can say it does go well with his military duties.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:48 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope Richard is wrong on this one but he was the one who first confirmed William and Kate attending the Christmas show together.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
Impossible for William to not be at the Baftas. He is the president and the ceremony is on sunday night and the date is staged for months so william did arrange his schedule around this date for sure. No way he can say it does go well with his military duties.
It's not impossible, he can say he doesn't want to go if he can't make it.
He is the president, but it's not like he'll have a lot to do. Maybe give out an award.
If he's attending it should be in the diary, he does have his own section.

Tags
catherine middleton, kate middleton, prince william