The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Serene Highness

Catherine is too thin. And Beatrice needs to start rethinking her hats. Okay, enough positivity for one day.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Looking at the lady behind Kate - who has been identified as a guest I know - I wonder though whether or not she mightn't be Kate's protection officer. I am suggesting that based on her shoes - low heels etc.
I never heard of the Royal Family having female protections officers. There is a male P.O. standing next to the door when she gets out of the vehicle and another male P.O. walking behind her in another pic. I have to doubt she requires more than two.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Administrator

I believe that the female protection officer is the same one who has guarded Beatrice and/or Eugenie in the past?

There have been several female protection officers that guarded members of the BRF.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Is it just me or Kate seems thinner??
So someone else noticed. She looks pencil thin to me - given she has clothes on, too, that would add bulk. Too thin is not attractive. These poor ladies who are photographed so much - they lose perspective on their body and start seeing it through the lens. I hate seeing it happen. Hope this is not the case with Kate but all of the pictures in this set are consistent conveying the same impression.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Majesty

There was a female RCMP officer guarding Diana in Canada in 1983, at least in Nova Scotia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I believe that the female protection officer is the same one who has guarded Beatrice and/or Eugenie in the past?

There have been several female protection officers that guarded members of the BRF.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
So someone else noticed. She looks pencil thin to me - given she has clothes on, too, that would add bulk. Too thin is not attractive. These poor ladies who are photographed so much - they lose perspective on their body and start seeing it through the lens. I hate seeing it happen. Hope this is not the case with Kate but all of the pictures in this set are consistent conveying the same impression.
Well, she was quite slim to begin with, and it's very common for women to lose weight leading up to a wedding, not to mention a woman receiving as much attention as she is. I'm with you in hoping it doesn't get into her head too much and is maybe just a consequence of her being busy.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962
There was a female RCMP officer guarding Diana in Canada in 1983, at least in Nova Scotia.
Plus if I am not misteken it was reported Kate has a female, she used to be on Bea and Eugenie' s guard .....

Edit- sorry Zonk didn't realize you'd already wrote the answer :)
Old 01-08-2011, 11:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

I agree that Kate is looking terribly thin and I hope she doesn't start having eating disorder problems.

Beatrice is really starting to wear some lovely clothes that suit her - two in less than a month that I can remember.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't see what you are talking about. Even all in black she doesn't look any different to me.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Majesty

Okay, from what I saw I thought that Kate's legs looked too thin. This could have been an illusion as her legs looked well muscled. Stockings would probably have been more flattering.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:50 AM
Commoner

Her figure looked the same back in december at the charity event w/ Will. Im pretty sure she's not anorexic. She's always been thin. She doesn't look unhealthy, her face looks fine.

Here's a video of Kate from the wedding. She's walking w/ Harry and talking w/ Beatrice and her boyfriend too. I like seeing the family together :)

BBC News - Kate Middleton and Prince William at friend's wedding
Old 01-09-2011, 12:53 AM
Serene Highness

More pictures of this outfit:
Prince William & Kate Middleton: Royal Relative's Wedding! | prince william kate middleton royal relatives wedding 03 - Photo Gallery | Just Jared

I like her hat but the outfit is so much black. It is more appropiate for the Remembrance Sunday than a wedding.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Okay, from what I saw I thought that Kate's legs looked too thin. This could have been an illusion as her legs looked well muscled. Stockings would probably have been more flattering.
That's the only thing that says maybe she's okay - her legs do have muscle definition from exercise. Is she suppose to be athletic? She does look like a slip of a thing, though. (In one of the photos you can clearly see that she has sheer 'nude' stockings on).

If she can eat and not gain - then I hate her!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Royal wedding: Hope you won't wear black on April 29, Kate... and a few hearty meals might fill out your wedding dress | Mail Online (09/01/2010).
Old 01-09-2011, 03:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

IMO I think she's so excited she can't eat!!

That's how I am...if I'm really excited I won't be able to eat much. She's already thin so I doubt she's trying to lose weight before the wedding at least in my opinion:).
Old 01-09-2011, 03:36 AM
Courtier

isnt she wearing this dress?
Working Royals
scroll down to see it, shes wearing a pink jacket.
Also, Kate has a female P.O who is an ex-airhostess, like her mother, and I read they bonded really well.
And from the video posted, we can see that the "guest" in the pictures (in black) is her P.O.
Thanks for the video, I noticed her hair looked much lighter in the video than the pictures, atleast to my eyes:)
Old 01-09-2011, 03:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
She looks a little different depending on the picture. I think she looks healthy here: http://cdn.buzznet.com/media/jj1/201...wedding-03.jpg

IIRC, the dress she's wearing is an Issa dress.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:07 AM
Majesty

Yes she definitely should have worn stockings!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:11 AM
Majesty

I think that she could be wearing "nude" stockings. Her legs don't look completely bare to me.

Quote:
Yes she definitely should have worn stockings!
Old 01-09-2011, 05:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
isnt she wearing this dress?
Working Royals
scroll down to see it, shes wearing a pink jacket.
Yes it's the same outfit.

Kate Middleton and Prince William wedding: You'll work on big day Queen tells palace staff | Mail Online

Tags
catherine middleton, kate middleton, prince william