Prince William and Catherine Middleton Current Events 8: November 2009-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say is WOW :eek: They look amazing and Catherine looks very self-assured. I am amazed...

All I can say is WOW :eek: They look amazing and Catherine looks very self-assured. I am amazed...

Agreed, she does look very comfortable. Catherine did well to learn the Welsh national anthem in advance.

It is also clearly very windy there.

I only hope Catherine didn't sing the parody for English speakers which sound quite similar to the original text...

My hen laid a haddock, one hand oiled a flea,Glad farts and centurions threw dogs in the sea,I could stew a hare here and brandish Dan's flan,Don's ruddy bog's blocked up with sand. (Cytgan - Chorus) Dad! Dad! Why don't you oil Auntie Glad?Can whores appear in beer bottle pies,O butter the hens as they fly!From Wikipedia: Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting, she does look a lot more confident. Fingers crossed for the future.

Catherine looks so elegant (more than usual) in that outfit! She does seem confident and sure of her position, she seems to be grasping the "royal lifestyle" so to say.

Unless I'm mistaken, this may be one of the first times we've seen Kate with her hair pulled up and back. Perhaps a hint of how it will look at the wedding. I am hoping that her hair is pulled up and back for a nice tiara. I don't like brides with their hair hanging down --- looks too messy.

The both look wonderfull and so glad to see Catherine taking that extra effort. So happy she wore a tifter as well! I like the pony tail, you can really see her pretty face that way. Can't wait for more photos

Yeah, she really does look confident. I really like the outfit.

Suztav, I think you're right. I can only recall one other time when she wore her hair pulled back. I actually like it this way. Hopefully she'll wear it up for the wedding.

Here are a few more photos.

Kate looks so comfortable and at ease in the pictures. Wow is right!!

Love her coat/outfit. Very classic.

Thanks to one and all for the links!!

Looks very windy; hope it isn't so windy on their wedding day!

Kate looks wonderful and self confident! I like her a lot!

She does have an incredible poise! tnks for all the links

What fascinates me: Catherine can look so gloomy and annoyed when photographed against her will by paparazzi. But on official occasions she really smiles openly to the people and for the cameras without appearing to trying to catch the camera's lenses. Instead she seems to be in genuine a warm-hearted fun person, easy to get on with, lovely to the people but knowing the limits her (future) rank demands of her. It seems William chose wisely.

But couldn't she be in some pics the third triplet of the Danish princesses Mary and Marie?:flowers:

But couldn't she be in some pics the third triplet of the Danish princesses Mary and Marie?:flowers:

Mary could certainly be a role model for Kate.

Kate seemed very confident, and she and William looked so happy and at ease. I think Kate also picked a very classy, weather appropriate look.

Muriel, I agree with you... Mary is highly intelligent, as is Catherine, and both seem to have good taste and a "sense of occasion." Catherine could do worse than to study the way Mary conducts herself, as well as her nearly unerring sense of style. I think Catherine is "a winner," and that Prince William has chosen well. She is undoubtedly more aware than the young and less prepared Diana how to conduct herself when they are together: to be an absolutely lovely credit to the Prince, but not to put herself overly forward or appear to seek the limelight.

The tiny fascinator is adorable and Catherine certainly looked well with her hair up. Apparently, she had the good sense to check the weather report!

I have to say, I find William far more appealing and natural with Catherine around. I'm loving this pair's first official outing.

I see the warm charm of Maxima with the stylish edge of Mary in Catherine. For me that is a great combination. This was a really good start for her. She looked great, they both seemed to be having a wonderful time, and her singing the national anthem in Welsh was the icing on the cake! I am very impressed!

Mary could certainly be a role model for Kate.

Fingers crossed, I hope they meet more often after Catherine becomes a royal wife. :)

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
She really does look lovely and quite at ease. I think she's going to prove herself as a huge asset to the Royal Family.

What fascinates me: Catherine can look so gloomy and annoyed when photographed against her will by paparazzi. But on official occasions she really smiles openly to the people and for the cameras without appearing to trying to catch the camera's lenses. Instead she seems to be in genuine a warm-hearted fun person, easy to get on with, lovely to the people but knowing the limits her (future) rank demands of her. It seems William chose wisely.:flowers:
Previously when Catherine has been snapped impromptu, it has been invasive and I have no doubt she would have felt very vulnerable. Now, as on future occasions like this, it is on her terms. She is prepared, she is dressed for the occasion and she has security. With that we get a relaxed, secure and confident young woman, and a woman learning Welsh by the looks of things! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom