The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Commoner

Another article:

Prince William and Kate Middleton in wedding mode - Telegraph

Old 01-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I agree about that she should wear whatever she likes as long as she isn't married yet, but imagine what happens to the cameras when she has a full dress up - you bet it would take attention away from the bridal couple.

I think she dresses so modestly to prevent that.
The cameras wouldn't be there in the first place if the royals weren't there. If they didn't want to take attention away from the bride, don't bother turning up or make less of a fuss when they arrive?
She's worn nicer outfits to weddings before, she's still made the front cover of Hello!, like she will for next weeks issue.
The only difference between this wedding appearance and her last one, is that she has a massive engagement ring on her finger.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Commoner

Well I can't really judge her outfit or dress cause of the coat. She looks in good spirits though...and did I mention LOVE the shoes, lol
Old 01-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Serene Highness

I'm not very sure about the dress, the shoes are Fabulous though.
is it just me or Kate seems thinner??
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Commoner

Another article about the wedding, she looks great!

Kate Middleton joins the future in-laws Prince Harry and Princess Beatrice at friends' wedding | Mail Online
Old 01-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Courtier

i didnt say sheer is unsuitable...i was just wondering and i think she looks great. no one is unloading guns, why are there so many critics here who pick at everything EVERYONE says?
Old 01-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Perpare for the unloading of guns from those who think that 'sheer' is unsuitable for a future princess...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
i didnt say sheer is unsuitable...i was just wondering and i think she looks great. no one is unloading guns, why are there so many critics here who pick at everything EVERYONE says?
No one accused you of doing anything, Skippy just mentioned that some other people will mention that "sheer" is unsuitable.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Courtier

yeah ok, apologies Skippy:)
Old 01-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Serene Highness

Oh dear, thank you Lumutqueen. That is indeed what I meant.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Majesty

Who cares about sheer? I'm more worried about bare! Legs that is. Is she mad or just vain? It's the middle of winter for heavens sake and her legs looked covered in goose bumps. Not a good look at all.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

It looks like most of the women have bare legs.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Fashion before suitablility.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Who cares about sheer? I'm more worried about bare! Legs that is. Is she mad or just vain? It's the middle of winter for heavens sake and her legs looked covered in goose bumps. Not a good look at all.
Marg...if you look at the pictures in the Daily mail it looks like she is wearing nude sheer stockings. At least to me it does.

The pictures of the outfit in the Mail appear to be better than the other ones. I am all for wearing black but not at a wedding...but maybe this was an evening reception?

Old 01-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The cameras wouldn't be there in the first place if the royals weren't there. If they didn't want to take attention away from the bride, don't bother turning up or make less of a fuss when they arrive?
She's worn nicer outfits to weddings before, she's still made the front cover of Hello!, like she will for next weeks issue.
The only difference between this wedding appearance and her last one, is that she has a massive engagement ring on her finger.
I agree with your first sentence, I hadn't yet thought of that. But I don't really see how they made a fuss - did they arrive with a big bang?
Old 01-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I agree with your first sentence, I hadn't yet thought of that. But I don't really see how they made a fuss - did they arrive with a big bang?
I mean, creep in at the back door.
When Kate attended the nuptials of Autumn and Peter, her and Chelsy came in through a side door and no photographs were taken until they were inside.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Marg...if you look at the pictures in the Daily mail it looks like she is wearing nude sheer stockings. At least to me it does.
She is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
The pictures of the outfit in the Mail appear to be better than the other ones. I am all for wearing black but not at a wedding...but maybe this was an evening reception?
Better black than white
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

True, Lumutqueen.

After seeing a better picture of the outfit, she does like nice. I just think she should have worn another color besides black.

You might be right about the nude stockings, Zonk. I just took another look at the Sun photo, and her legs seem to be covered.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I mean, creep in at the back door.
When Kate attended the nuptials of Autumn and Peter, her and Chelsy came in through a side door and no photographs were taken until they were inside.
I see what you mean.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Aristocracy

I like the outfit (especially the shoes & handbag!) No problem with the black outfit at a wedding, so long as it's an appropriate wedding outfit & doesn't "beat" the bride's dress then wear any colour you like in my opinion (unless the bride/groom have asked guests to stick to a colour plan...I once went to one where everyone had to wear green & black). Plus I think the shoes & handbag break up the black nicely with a flash of colour.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Aristocracy

Her hat is fun and fashionable and her jewelery is amazing.

Closed Thread

Tags
catherine middleton, kate middleton, prince william