Prince William and Catherine Middleton Current Events 8: November 2009-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot believe that she would go to a wedding not wearing tights.

She's wearing tights.

Are tights and nylons inter-changeable words in Britain? Here nylons are sheer, tights are heavier fabric (like ballerinas wear w/ tutus or little girls w/ dresses.)

I'm not sure but I guess you could say so. :)

Then I will take the "hate" for her; I am one of those who can eat all they want and not gain :D

Ha! Skippy! You're funny :)

Sndral: Yes! Thank goodness someone else commented on the sheer top! The second wedding she wears this to? :eek:

I'm thinking everybody is looking at what she's wearing and they are shocked as to whether, or not, she's wearing stockings? I barely noticed she had legs! Why on earth wear black/dark clothes and a sheer top to a wedding? She should hope nobody tries to upstage her at her wedding.... :whistling:

^^^^^^
It's a dress, and she wore it previously to the wedding of P&A, where she met The Queen, I learnt yesterday.
She's wearing sheer tights apparently, and the weather isn't that bad anymore.

That's what I meant with the "guns" for her attire.

Last edited:
I liked this take on the black and the repeat wearing. ;)

Kate's fascinating fashion - Wedding fever

On another topic, the BAFTA nominations are coming out soon (1st batch today) and the awards are in February. Prince William is the President, right? I'm hoping for a red carpet appearance by Kate and William...

Last edited:
Ceremony of the BAFTA is on 13 February... we just have to wait until this day to see Kate on the red carpet

Ceremony of the BAFTA is on 13 February... we just have to wait until this day to see Kate on the red carpet

I'm sure that whatever Kate wears will be very well scrutinized. :D Wasn't it an occasion such as this that Diana first appeared in her little black number that drew so much attention? Well... Kate's already done her little black number (with sheer frontal view) and it was a recycled outfit with a bit of a change. This girl knows how to accessorize! I'm betting on red for the BAFTA.

Its good to see Catherine support British business in what appear to be shoes from LK Bennett - all very affordable at a sale price of £150, down from £295.

Aquarius 2 Shoe Damson L.K.Bennett

Affordable - for the very rich maybe but ordinary people couldn't afford that sort of price for shoes (well I couldn't - and I earn nearly $100.000 in Australia but $250 for a pair of shoes - no way - the entire outfit maybe).

Affordable - for the very rich maybe but ordinary people couldn't afford that sort of price for shoes (well I couldn't - and I earn nearly $100.000 in Australia but $250 for a pair of shoes - no way - the entire outfit maybe).

LK Bennett are a very popular shoe and fashion retailer in the UK, with about a 110 retail stores. Each of us make our own decisions on what we spend on what, but LKB are recognised for providing elegant, fashionable and sexy footwear. Their brand positioning is certainly above the average high street (M&S, Next etc), but under the established premium players (Gucci, Jimmy Choo etc). I am sorry to hear that you will not be enjoying their excellent footwear.

Last edited:
I'm betting for red on the carpet on 13 February too. Anyone else a suggestion?

New (2006) Wills 'n' Harry photo

Brothers at ease: New photo shows casual Princes William and Harry at their most informal

Prince William and Harry in new exhibition at London's National Portrait Gallery | Mail Online

A never-before-seen photograph of Princes William and Harry will show the brothers in a whole new light when it goes on display for the first time. The intimate black-and-white picture captures the princes, dressed in jeans, chinos and shirts, as close as ever.

Taken in December 2006 by photographer Fergus Greer, the picture was commissioned for use around the time of the Concert for Diana - a 2007 musical tribute to commemorate the life of the princes' mother - but was never released. Now Clarence House has given the National Portrait Gallery permission to use the image at a new exhibition.

I love that picture. Harry especially looks quite handsome.

I LOVE that pic! Love how they're so relaxed and at ease.

Why does Chelsy have to come as Harry's date? She could come as a friend of the bride.

CrownPrincess5 said:
I LOVE that pic! Love how they're so relaxed and at ease.

Why does Chelsy have to come as Harry's date? She could come as a friend of the bride.

Ah and this begs the question are they (Kate and Chelsy) friends? I've read no but who knows if that's true......

It was announced today that Canada Post has reversed its earlier decision and will now issue two Royal Wedding stamps on May 2.

The likeness between Prince Harry and the D of E is striking.

It was announced today that Canada Post has reversed its earlier decision and will now issue two Royal Wedding stamps on May 2.
Happy to hear that will definitely getting those stamps when they're released :flowers:

It's not impossible, he can say he doesn't want to go if he can't make it.
He is the president, but it's not like he'll have a lot to do. Maybe give out an award.
If he's attending it should be in the diary, he does have his own section.
I really hope William & Kate appear at the BAFTA award ceremony. We have seen so little of them since the engagement announcement.:sad: I understand he is working, she's busy with wedding stuff & they want to keep a fairly low profile BUT a few more appearances would be lovely. Are there any scheduled before the big day? On a related point, I am surprised we haven't had any further published pics from the Testino session. There must be more on the way surely?

From the Telegraph today :
Kate Middleton’s new venue
Westminster Abbey will not be the only church at which guests can see Prince William marry Kate Middleton.
Southwell Minster, in Nottinghamshire, is to hold a live screening of the wedding on a big screen in its nave and hopes that other cathedrals will follow its lead.
“We can’t all be in London, but at least this is one way we can join together for a day of national celebration,” says the Very Rev John Guille, Dean of Southwell.

From the Telegraph today :
Kate Middleton’s new venue
Westminster Abbey will not be the only church at which guests can see Prince William marry Kate Middleton.
Southwell Minster, in Nottinghamshire, is to hold a live screening of the wedding on a big screen in its nave and hopes that other cathedrals will follow its lead.
“We can’t all be in London, but at least this is one way we can join together for a day of national celebration,” says the Very Rev John Guille, Dean of Southwell.

That, I think, is a lovely gesture. I'm sure it will add to the national feeling of cheers and joyfulness :flowers: :)

From the VANCOUVERSUN : It has also emerged that Miss Middleton is receiving instruction on public speaking ahead of her wedding, and she has been learning French and Spanish. "Kate has been happy to get some guidance on public speaking," said a friend. "The French and Spanish lessons were very much her own idea, though.

At the end of the paper it's indicated ... Copyright "The Telegraph"

From the VANCOUVERSUN : It has also emerged that Miss Middleton is receiving instruction on public speaking ahead of her wedding, and she has been learning French and Spanish. "Kate has been happy to get some guidance on public speaking," said a friend. "The French and Spanish lessons were very much her own idea, though.

At the end of the paper it's indicated ... Copyright "The Telegraph"

If true, good for her! I remember reading somewhere that the Queen is fluent in French. I wonder what other languages she speaks? Did William learn languages in school?

Ah I'd love for her to give a short speech in French if they come over to Canada. Good for her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom