Prince William and Catherine Middleton Current Events 8: November 2009-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catherine's Engagement Ring?

:)As it occurred to anyone that Catherine is wearing a replica of the engagement ring while the real one is sitting in a :ermm:(Safety Box).

Which girl would not beam while an engagement ring glitters on her finger? Catherine waited long enough. almost did not get that ring, they were separate!. It shows patience and tolerance"pay off".

Dearest FasterB:
For safety reasons with so many nut cases around!!

Dearest FasterB:
For safety reasons with so many nut cases around!!

Yes, but I'm sure they have/had enough security around them that it wasn't necessary to wear a replica. There were nuts out there years ago and I doubt that Diana wore a replica for safety sake. Now, if she decides to travel on the underground, a replica might be a good idea. :lol:

It would be a waste if she were wearing a replica... though I don't think she is. Why own anything of value if you are'nt going to wear it? Stuff happens, enjoy it why you can I say!

Let's leave such fanciful speculations and keep to the topic of (real) current events.

thanks.
Warren
British Forums moderator

... [snipped] Come 29 April the new Princess/Duchess will be enveloped in the full mantle of that indefinable royal mystique and there'll be no looking back.
It's going to be a great ride for all keen royal observers. :)
I have to note that it is an interesting observation. The royal mystique is very much like the concept of the affordable luxury nowadays, therefore its value has declined.

I'm with you on this. It is so difficult to do something where EVERYONE is treated the same. I think this was a perfect choice, there will be times in the future when it will work out so that they can stop but I think this was a very good "show" for her first time out. Not to mention it was cold!!

The people who were waiting outside showing their support were in the cold a lot longer than William and Kate were.

As for the reception Charles and Diana got lets just say there was displeasure voiced. William and Kate could avoid that by not splitting up the people but going together.

As for Kate's first time.....we have already seen that she knows how to walk past the media ( her 25th birthday comes to mind) lets see how she does with the royal fans for future events.

I agree Al Bina. In fact I think the media is already trying to create the royal mystery. There has already been a shift in how the media reports on Kate now that she is engaged. Lots of glowing reports but not a lot of objective journalism. Not saying she needs to be ripped apart but at the same time I feel that once she makes a mistake they will roast her over an open fire.

Last edited:
I also agree on the video it's nice we got a few seconds of them inside the little cottage prior to entering the actual theatre but it woulda been better if we had seen her and William meeting the cancer patients during intermission. I thought it may have been due to privacy issues we got no inside photos but a few children who were going to meet them were named prior to the engagement.

Hasn't there been some upheaval about parents not being allowed to take photos at the native plays because some PC-Madmen say that paedophiles would be able to take photos, too? :ermm:
Perhaps that was why they weren't allowed inside to take photos? :ermm:

Hasn't there been some upheaval about parents not being allowed to take photos at the native plays because some PC-Madmen say that paedophiles would be able to take photos, too? :ermm:

I have not heard of that. Anyone have information on the allegations. If so then the media could not take pictures of just about any event the royals went to.

Oh yes, that's happening a lot in the UK.

Really I hadn't hear about that!

I have not heard of that. Anyone have information on the allegations. If so then the media could not take pictures of just about any event the royals went to.
That's what I was thinking too

Names of a few doesn't mean that everyone agreed to having their name made public or that they would give permission to have their pictures taken - particularly if they are suffering cancer. Privacy for the patients usurps everyone else's right to see photos of two people showing up to see them.
Well they didn't just name them but also spoke to them and I believe showed a picture or 2 it was on BBC but it may have been one person who prevented it or it could have just been the organizers decision. IMO as odd as this sounds I would have wanted the media there if it was me, just so I would be sure to have a picture with the royal couple :lol:

Also tomorrow according to this paper EDP24 will have full coverage of the visit
Prince William and Kate Middleton in Norfolk - picture special - News - Evening News

Last edited:
The people who were waiting outside showing their support were in the cold a lot longer than William and Kate were.

As for the reception Charles and Diana got lets just say there was displeasure voiced. William and Kate could avoid that by not splitting up the people but going together.
And they were dressed much more warmly. :flowers:

It could be also that Kate will do more of a walkabout later on. This was her first public engagement as William's fiancee and just walking by those people in the glare of the cameras was nerve-wracking enough for a first event.

I
As for the idea of making small stops, unlike the rest of the party, neither William nor Kate looked like they had dressed for the "weather"!! A brief stop and a ring wave could have seen a fabulous sapphire fly off a cold wizened finger . . . . not a good way to start "Engagements". :D

It could be also that Kate will do more of a walkabout later on. This was her first public engagement as William's fiancee and just walking by those people in the glare of the cameras was nerve-wracking enough for a first event.

We already know she can walk past the cameras. She did it on her 25th birthday with some of the cameramen inches away from her face. That is no excuse for not shaking people's hands. Besides William was capable of it as well.

As for the cold weather the two of them could have worn coats. They do have the ability to check the weather before they go to an event.

We already know she can walk past the cameras. She did it on her 25th birthday with some of the cameramen inches away from her face. That is no excuse for not shaking people's hands. Besides William was capable of it as well.

As for the cold weather the two of them could have worn coats. They do have the ability to check the weather before they go to an event.

This might really be an off the wall bit of reasoning but perhaps both William and Kate were advised ahead of time to try and avoid handshakes and physical contact with the public. One reason for this could very well be (and again I stress that this is just an off the wall idea that popped into my mind) to protect some of the cancer patients that were attending this function. Perhaps some of them because of medical treatments, medications and such are more vulnerable to colds and virus. One of the easiest ways to pick up a "bug" is through the hands.

This explanation makes perfect sense.:flowers:

One reason for this could very well be (and again I stress that this is just an off the wall idea that popped into my mind) to protect some of the cancer patients that were attending this function.

if you watch one of the video on this thread, you'll see a few elf who were waiting outside to greet wiliam and kate who said they spoke to kate and william and met her, so it means after everybody waiting outside, they all came in (the public outside was the public who attend the show later) you just have to listen carefully of what people said for understand they MET william and kate inside and spoke together

Exactly watch this vid too. Also I agree with Osipi's opinion too they all could be combining factors with the many other ones that have been mentioned. Richard said that the all media outlets was given a few seconds worth of film footage of the couple inside the cottage(what we've seen in most videos) away from the still cameras which were waiting for the couple outside but that's it he said they weren't given anything else. The charity took pics inside though, doubt we'll see those though I'm sure those are private.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ttjmC5T4qI

Last edited:
Programme on 20.00 pm this evening.

The Princess and the Press - How Kate's Life Will Change Forever

It may seem like a dream come true for the soon to be Princess. But will the press make it a nightmare?

TV DOCUMENTARY
CHANNEL 5 - UK
Tuesday, 21 December 2010
Time 20.00 - 21.00 [1 hour]

Any idea how someone from the U.S. can watch that? I would love to see it! *HUGS*

From Twitter, a photographer (IkonPictures):

"Just photographed William and Kate at the wedding of Harry Aubrey-Fletcher and Louise Stourton."

Looking forward to pics.

From Twitter, a photographer (IkonPictures):

"Just photographed William and Kate at the wedding of Harry Aubrey-Fletcher and Louise Stourton."

Looking forward to pics.

Jezz, they seem to attend more weddings than anyone I know. :lol:

Looking forward too :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom