The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 05:59 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_Lulu View Post
She might in fact be exceptionally well advised for what to wear to this event.

Red & Black are the colours of the Canterbury region of NZ (of which Christchurch is the main city.)
I think see is being advise. The day before event another poster said the bird feathers in the hat were symbolic for that region.

BTW I don't think Ms Middleton wears a lot of red. She usually wears muted colors.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Aristocracy

Soapstar and Texankicat! You guys are cute!

Hi Ghostnight! Sorry, I did answer you, but I was too much off topic and was deleted. As for the question what do I want Kate to do to prove herself? I think she did fine. I just don't find her as priceless as most here do. Diana was only 19, Kate is 29, so she should be more confident, (and she's been around quite a few years). As I said Kate didn't punch anyone, or have a swearing fit so I think she'll be fine...

I guess I am more sensitive to worrying about offending someone who is already traumatized. So I think anyone in the public eye can try their best to be cautious with smiles, or laughs, in those situations.

Generally I think when she pulls her hair back as she did early on in NZ it made her look fresher. Wearing colors that symbolize the area is a good trick to win over some people. I just like that she wore a more dynamic color, and then covered the red outfit with the black coat for signing condolences. That was thoughtful of the local tragedy, whether she, William, or someone else though of that, smart move.

To Tiggersk8 I really hope you get in contact with your friend to be sure they are alright. And to anyone else touched by the quake, my thoughts, as with everyone else here I'm sure, are with you....

Old 03-03-2011, 02:36 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you Hissy.

If that's true about Kate showing up in colours representing the Region Christchurch is in, even if it was advised, it was still a nice touch.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Heir Apparent

It's certainly true . . . . . we really do "go red and black"! Originally I think it must have come from the colour of the rugby players when they got off the pitch at Lancaster Park (we don't take prisoners on the rugby field). We really are known as one-eyed Cantabrians and today the whole Country is wearing Red and Black in solidarity, so Kate got a jump on us all!
Old 03-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Heir Apparent

So did mine Hissy seems I went too off topic as well. I'm sure as she grows into her role she'll get more involved with charities and such but she did really good IMO considering these were her first 3 public engagements. She looked more reassured then at the Thursford concert. Wait Kate had her hair pulled back in NZ? I'm confused I thought she had her hair pulled back at Anglesey unless I'm missing something.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:16 AM
Aristocracy

Hi Ghostnight, yeah, I may have that wrong, sorry, but whenever it was she had her hair pulled back (though it was windy) she looked brighter and fresher somehow.

Tiggersk8, you're welcome! Hope you are having luck.

As for the red and black, I actually really love those colors, so I think it's great. Kate usually wears more quiet colors, so I think that made an impact.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:35 AM
Heir Apparent

hah ya I def agree. I was really surprised when I saw her wearing red but it definitely suited. I'm not used to her wearing such bright colours either.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Commoner

I think, after seeing recent photos and videos of Kate, that the palace has already taken charge of her wardrobe, hair and make-up. Her hair style has changed - and is much improved. She looks wonderful with it pulled away from her face, like it was in Wales. Also, the clothes have gotten more elegant. Yes, she had her old coat cut off for the Wales event, but I believe that was done by the palace experts. It's been a great change and she obviously is a natural as a princess.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Nobility

The Queen is going to the Republic of Ireland - a historic event considering the histories of the two countries. William and Catherine won't be going there - but since they have visited Wales, Scotland and England, it would make sense (and make it inclusive) if they visited the fourth part of the United Kingdom - Northern Ireland.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It would make sense to see them in Northern Ireland, but I don't think they should go anytime soon. The Queens visit to ROI is a major event and shouldn't be over-shadowed by the newlyweds.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Nobility

william and kate are attended to northern ireland before the wedding (end of march they suggest), the queen goes to the republic of ireland in May. So no problem to overshadow the queen very important visit. Not the same part of the country in fact. not the same people because the ROI is a country in its own right not the northern ireland which is part of the united kingdom.

Dont forget Prince William was appointed Colonel of the Irish Guards not long ago! so it makes more and more sense for me.

Nearly four months after their engagement, the Belfast Telegraph understands that a visit from Prince William and his fiancée could be imminent. ..... An NIO spokesman said he could not comment on reports of a Royal visit to the province. .... Meanwhile, local support for an official visit from the couple continues to grow.
Belfast Lord Mayor Pat Convery said he would be delighted to see Kate and William here as part of their pre-wedding tour.
“I would welcome the couple on behalf of the citizens of Belfast and pass on good wishes to them for their wedding and future together,” he said.
Alliance MP Naomi Long said a Royal visit would be a “real boost” for Northern Ireland.
Ulster Unionist leader Tom |Elliott said he hoped the Royal pair would take time out during their official trip to visit Co Fermanagh.
“I think they’d enjoy a boat trip out on Lough Erne,” he said.

Read more: Prince William and Kate Middleton could make a trip to Northern Ireland soon - Northern Ireland, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk#
Old 03-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Courtier

In any case, my friend and former colleague Jeanette, living in Northern Ireland, could then see (perhaps) from very near, these Royal visitors.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Serene Highness

I wouldn't mind seeing them on another engagement before the wedding. :)
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Sounds good to me I'd like to see them again. IMO for the first few years I get the feeling we won't be seeing these two that much so any public engagement IMO will be quite a treat.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:59 AM
Royal Highness

For obvious reasons I would love to see them in Northern Ireland!
Old 03-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Is it alright to post this here?
The £500 Italian secret that transformed Kate Middleton into a scarlet woman: Latest fashion hit is from Luisa Spagnoli label | Mail Online

I thought about it and the only small tiny little thing that bugged me was the gloves though I'm sure she just wore them cause she was cold as we saw in the pictures it was quite windy not for any other reason.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Aristocracy

I really enjoyed seeing the video and pics from William and Catherine's recent engagements. I know, as some have mentioned above, that all she had to do was smile and shake hands, etc., but despite the fact that these engagements weren't "difficult", I was still impressed by Catherine. Knowing the words to the Welsh anthem, dressing appropriately, charming the crowds while playing a supporting role to William, etc. - these were all done very well. Catherine seems to be able to balance professionalism with a "common touch", and I think this will be a big asset of hers in the future.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Aristocracy

They're apparently doing another engagement tomorrow, no word yet as to where it is or what they'll be doing, maybe the rumoured trip to N.Ireland?

From twitter:
@victoriaarbiter
#William and #Kate have their 3rd #Royal engagement tomorrow! I'll tell you where they're going in the morning....
Old 03-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I'm glad they're doing another event.

I don't know if this belongs here or in the wedding musings thread, but William, Kate and Prince Charles made a visit to Westminster Abbey tonight.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Prince William and bride’s first visit to Abbey
Old 03-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Nobility

Kate and William just arrived in Northern Ireland for a one day visit

Tags
catherine middleton, kate middleton, prince william