Prince William and Catherine Middleton Current Events 8: November 2009-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
Well well well.
That close enough to royalty. :)

Well well well.
That close enough to royalty. :)

Of course her detractors will point out that you and I and anyone else can also rent this property...

This could mean - a) she is in close with the royals and thus had access to this home, b) she is trying too hard to link herself with the royals and thus hired a home owned by the Duchy, c) her family are trying to ensure that she becomes a princess so rented the home or d) it was a nice home in a nice location and sheer coincidence that it is owned by the Duchy.

It isn't as if this home is one where Charles etc actually lives but one of 100s he owns that are let to the public on a commercial basis.

Exactly. Prince Charles is a landlord, for goodness' sake. It's not like this is his only property. Nice picture of Kate, though.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhhhh I see now, it's not one of his propertys it's one on his land.
I think I'll go with a & c. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a commercial property (through Duchy of Cornwall) that anyone from the general public can rent. You don't need to know the royal family to rent this property.

Of course her detractors will point out that you and I and anyone else can also rent this property...

This could mean - a) she is in close with the royals and thus had access to this home, b) she is trying too hard to link herself with the royals and thus hired a home owned by the Duchy, c) her family are trying to ensure that she becomes a princess so rented the home or d) it was a nice home in a nice location and sheer coincidence that it is owned by the Duchy.

It isn't as if this home is one where Charles etc actually lives but one of 100s he owns that are let to the public on a commercial basis.

I'd think option A) is what seems more likely, perhaps it was just a nice gesture from Charles to people that probably had have nice gestures to his sos.

On another note I was expecting the mdeida circus that is Kate's birthday and nothing yet... I have to say Im kinda dissapointed :p

A rural pub and they still didn't manage to escape the papparazzi. :)

Or maybe just maybe they are uncomfortable infront of the paparazzis. No, it couldn't be that. Wills is so fond of them. It must be the relationship is on the rocks [/sarcasm]

From Ella Kay's blog William & Kate: Valentine’s Day Date - Royal Romance

Althought I enjoyed the pics I feel sorry for them that they've got photographed on a day like Valentine's

KATE MIDDLETON, the girlfriend of Prince William, is set to win a controversial claim for alleged invasion of her privacy.
She is expected to receive at least £10,000 in damages, plus substantial legal costs, after threatening to sue a photographer and two British picture agencies over photographs taken of her at Christmas. The images were not even published in Britain.
Middleton’s claim follows a decision by the Queen to crack down on alleged intrusions into the private lives of the royals. Middleton’s action may also be an attempt to restrain photographers ahead of an engagement to the prince.

Kate Middleton set for £10,000 privacy victory - Times Online

Last edited:
They have to tie the Queens statement about the press in their don't they. :bang:

Yes, they keep trying to associate this with the Royal Family. :rolleyes:

Didn't the palace release a statement absolving the royals from this incident?

Yeah they did. They've made it pretty clear they have nothing to do with the Middleton drama, including imo the Queen's statement regarding her property.

:previous: Funny. I would have thought that photography was an ideal choice for someone "in her position" and which she could most definitely continue to pursue after marriage to William, if that occurs. She can choose what she wants to photograph. Fields such as portrait photography seem safe enough, and she could veer off towards more risky and political fields such as photojournalism if the marriage does not eventuate, or she could become a society wedding photographer. And she would be in demand for family snaps regardless of whose family she ends up in, and arty photography is a very civilized hobby for a Royal lady. If she's good enough (and even if she isn't :)) he could have sales and exhibitions for charity as Prince Charles does with his watercolours.

It was appropriate for Lord Snowdon, so why not for Kate?

I think this is the media making something out of nothing. I read the Daily Star article, which the Digital Spy is based on, and its all trash.

Here, look what they had to say about William:

Friends blame nervous royal courtiers for imposing restrictions on Kate before she even joins the Royal Family.

“They make her terrified of putting a foot wrong and William is a bit of a control freak too.

“He’d be very happy if Kate waited until she can follow him into the family business,” said one.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/124234/Camera-ban-makes-Kate-Middleton-snap-/

I highly doubt that is even possibly true that William wants someone to sacrifice their entire life for him. If so, he's got problems and so does Kate.

I see absolutely no truth in these articles, they are very very bored. :bang:

The tabloids were reporting that Kate was going to New York to study photography. Now that there story is shown to be a non-starter, they have to make up another story to explain why the original one didn't happen. Isn't the Daily Star about the worst of the tabloids?:ermm:

It's ridiculous for them to blame William and the Royal Family for Kate choosing not to do anything substantial with herself. So pathetic! :rolleyes:

that's a rather funny story. poor kate, but at least her dog is safe.

Very interesting and funny, too!

Must be a slow news day. :whistling: I doubt this story is true. :rolleyes:

I don't, this is one of the few stories i actually believe.

It is widely expected that he will announce an engagement to Kate once training is over. Palace insiders believe that 2011 is the most likely date for a Royal wedding. However 2012, the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, is also a possibility.

Placed right at the bottom though. :)

Yeah, because we all know how unreliable Katie Nicholl of the rag mag Daily Mail is. :ROFLMAO:

20. Kate Middleton
I've never met her, but my sister has (her husband trained William and Harry at Sandhurst), and says she's a lovely girl - down-to-earth and very friendly. I thought she was a bit daft to go for the press so hard over privacy, on the basis that if you get into bed with the future King of England then you have to accept a certain increased scrutiny of your life. That and the fact that she and Wills spent most of their first period together stumbling out of nightclubs, which is hardly the best way to deter paparazzi from chasing you for photos. But after they split and got back together, I sensed a new, more mature Ms Middleton re-emerging into public life.

She doesn't go clubbing so much, has stopped complaining about the press and goes about the incredibly difficult task of being the girlfriend of our future monarch with remarkably good grace. I hope William marries her, because there aren't many women around who can replace Kate and do such a good job.

But if they do head down the aisle, then she will matter more than any other woman on this list, because she'll one day be Queen. And that will afford her a bit of clout. Until then, though, two other women pip her in this list.

Age 27 Born Berkshire

Education Marlborough College (private); St Andrew's University Home Buckleberry, Berkshire

The 100 British celebrities who really matter by Piers Morgan (30 to 11) | Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom