Prince William and Catherine Middleton Current Events 8: November 2009-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She isn't a princess yet, so IMO she can wear what she likes as long as it constitutes clothes.
I see nothing wrong with the outfit, I think it looks nice and suits her beautifully. However it isn't, IMO, appropriate for a wedding wear the bride looks so radiant.

I agree; it's a nice outfit but not for a wedding.

Also, Harry's trousers seem much too long, as if he's stepping on them.

MARG said:
:previous: Who cares about sheer? I'm more worried about bare! Legs that is. Is she mad or just vain? It's the middle of winter for heavens sake and her legs looked covered in goose bumps. Not a good look at all. :ohmy:

Beauty is pain.

I just don't like how she is dressed in mourning clothes for a wedding. What woman wears black at a wedding?! I've been to countless weddings and I've never seen it.

Beauty is pain.

I just don't like how she is dressed in mourning clothes for a wedding. What woman wears black at a wedding?! I've been to countless weddings and I've never seen it.

I have seen black at a wedding, but as long as the bride isn't wearing any black - I don't really see a problem.

Really? I haven't seen it. It's not a problem if it's like a cocktail dress, but she looks like she's about to die.
Doesn't Kate have a stylist??

Maybe she bought the outfit before she was told that Royals only wear full black on funerals and so decided to give it a go before her own nuptials?

*whispers* I've worn black to wedding's on numerous occasions...I swear im not morbid! :)

Kataryn said:
Maybe she bought the outfit before she was told that Royals only wear full black on funerals and so decided to give it a go before her own nuptials?

Huh? Do they really only wear it to funerals? I could swear I've seen pics of Camilla and Princess Diana in black dresses, no? And Bea and Eugenie? Am I remembering wrong?
I also have worn black to numerous weddings, including once as a bridesmaid :)

I've also seen black worn at wedding.

I think the problem might be the hat. I think if she had worn a maroon hat (to match the shoes and purse), it might have added a little more color to the outfit.

Last edited:
I love her shoes. They are great. I am not so sure about her dress and coat though.
And to be honest, I do not like the way Kate wears hats. It is always the same style. I can imagine she looks nice with big hats and her hair not always open but bound to a nice style.

I think Kate looks fabulous. Does the feather in her hat match the burgundy of her purse and shoe trim? If it does, the outfit is perfect. If it doesn't, it should have, IMO, but I think she looks great.

What is Catherine wearing? Is there a see-through blouse under what looks like a black velvet coat dress?

What is Catherine wearing? Is there a see-through blouse under what looks like a black velvet coat dress?

It's a dress, with a sheer triangle of material down the front of the dress.

Black is common at winter and evening weddings.

ETA: Different cultures and different parts of society do things differently. I imagine if Kate felt completely out of place at a wedding wearing black, she'd stop wearing black.

Last edited:
I liked very much Kate's dress,it's classical,it suits her and it's appropriate for the cold and rainy season.After all,I like her coquette shoes

Beauty is pain.

and i have been in more than 30 weddings and ive saw many black dresses. i even worn back dresses at some of the weddings i went.
and black is very appropriete for winter/rainy season.
or do you perfer a white dress with pink and yellow flowers on it???
ehhehe hell no:lol::ROFLMAO:

(always loved kate's hats):flowers:

To my fellow TRF posters: If I invite you to my wedding please don't wear black (unless you look fabulous)! And don't wear white either! Lol lol :lol:

Seriously speaking, I get what everyone is saying but that's too much black IMO. Regardless of winter...it's a wedding! It's a special occasion and nobody is dying! But if one wants to wear black they could at least make it look elegant and classy, not bordering funeral attire. Somebody mentioned the lady that was behind Kate...she made it look even more like a funeral!! I live in sunny climates so maybe that's shaped my opinion.

She is definitively not wearing black - at least not according to my screen.

Looking at the lady behind Kate - who has been identified as a guest I know - I wonder though whether or not she mightn't be Kate's protection officer. I am suggesting that based on her shoes - low heels etc.

Catherine is too thin. And Beatrice needs to start rethinking her hats. Okay, enough positivity for one day. ;)

Looking at the lady behind Kate - who has been identified as a guest I know - I wonder though whether or not she mightn't be Kate's protection officer. I am suggesting that based on her shoes - low heels etc.

I never heard of the Royal Family having female protections officers. There is a male P.O. standing next to the door when she gets out of the vehicle and another male P.O. walking behind her in another pic. I have to doubt she requires more than two.

I believe that the female protection officer is the same one who has guarded Beatrice and/or Eugenie in the past?

There have been several female protection officers that guarded members of the BRF.

Is it just me or Kate seems thinner??

So someone else noticed. She looks pencil thin to me - given she has clothes on, too, that would add bulk. Too thin is not attractive. These poor ladies who are photographed so much - they lose perspective on their body and start seeing it through the lens. I hate seeing it happen. Hope this is not the case with Kate but all of the pictures in this set are consistent conveying the same impression.

There was a female RCMP officer guarding Diana in Canada in 1983, at least in Nova Scotia.

I believe that the female protection officer is the same one who has guarded Beatrice and/or Eugenie in the past?

There have been several female protection officers that guarded members of the BRF.

So someone else noticed. She looks pencil thin to me - given she has clothes on, too, that would add bulk. Too thin is not attractive. These poor ladies who are photographed so much - they lose perspective on their body and start seeing it through the lens. I hate seeing it happen. Hope this is not the case with Kate but all of the pictures in this set are consistent conveying the same impression.

Well, she was quite slim to begin with, and it's very common for women to lose weight leading up to a wedding, not to mention a woman receiving as much attention as she is. I'm with you in hoping it doesn't get into her head too much and is maybe just a consequence of her being busy.

Mermaid1962 said:
There was a female RCMP officer guarding Diana in Canada in 1983, at least in Nova Scotia.

Plus if I am not misteken it was reported Kate has a female, she used to be on Bea and Eugenie' s guard .....

Edit- sorry Zonk didn't realize you'd already wrote the answer :)

I agree that Kate is looking terribly thin and I hope she doesn't start having eating disorder problems.

Beatrice is really starting to wear some lovely clothes that suit her - two in less than a month that I can remember.

I'm sorry, but I don't see what you are talking about. Even all in black she doesn't look any different to me.

Okay, from what I saw I thought that Kate's legs looked too thin. This could have been an illusion as her legs looked well muscled. Stockings would probably have been more flattering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom