Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 9: December 1-16, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maryshawn said:
Thank you for the clarification. I assume they are well-known british designers? I quite like her taste actually. She looked wonderful in an emerald green dress recently and her clothing for the US trip was appropriate and very pretty. I also find her amusing and down to earth--when she leaned over and asked a reporter who must have accompanied them on the US trip if he was as jet-lagged as he was and then laughed and rolled her eyes--well, she seems approachable and fun to be around!

This is the write up on Robinson Valentine, I too thought they were one man:D
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/articles/16698949?source=Evening+Standard

Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla looked so happy together during the NI visit! I admire them more and more (not that I ever lacked love towards Prince Charles). Know what? I think for the first time in my life I can actually call me a fan of someone - fan of HRH Prince Charles and The Duchess of Cornwall. The are charming and the are happy.

Avalon said:
Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla looked so happy together during the NI visit! I admire them more and more (not that I ever lacked love towards Prince Charles). Know what? I think for the first time in my life I can actually call me a fan of someone - fan of HRH Prince Charles and The Duchess of Cornwall. The are charming and the are happy.

I have always thought Prince Charles was an admirable person, rarely speaking out on personal matters, no matter what the media throws at him. Speaking up for the causes he believes in, trying to ensure that his children have the privacy he never had.
Now with Camilla at his side, he seems so happy and that brushes off on everyone who meets them.:)

You Know I recently came across Prince Charles' childhood pictures, and I felt so sad for him that people don't recognise and appreciate his sensitivity or his other good qualities. It is so evident in his pictures with Princess Anne or with his grandmother, how much he has affection for them.

Right now give the media a chance and they go gaga over the new crownprinces in their role as fathers but just beacuse the adult reserved Charles wasn't publicly posing and because some people chose to discredit his role as a parent that projection of his image- as a supposedly uninterested parent- has overshadowed everything else he does. And I find it very upsetting when Will and Harry are referred to as Diana's boys. As though Charles is not worthy enough to be associated with them. I mean whatever his flaws might have been in his relationship with Diana, as a father I am sure he has done a good job. He has evidently been involved in helping them cope after their mother's death and also in their initiation in public life of a royal.

And back to the topic, it is a great delight to watch Charles and Camilla together. I am from Asia and my first exposure with British royalty came after that infamous Panaroma interview. I was too young to watch it but I remember that it was in the news that the Princess of Wales admits to ......
After that interview my mother and friends could not stop talking about it and out of curoisity I asked her about Diana. And after seeing those teary eyed pictures of her, I remember being so against and unforgiving towards Charles and Camilla. I was only 10 when they got divorced and at that age the idea of a divorce was so upsetting. I will admit that at that stage I was one of anti Camilla. And it remained like that for some time. But in the recent years I have come to respect the good qualities in her. I have really begun to like her for her earthiness which is so evident. Most of all, I respect her from going through all that humiliation just to stand besides the person she loved. And same with Charles, I know he made a mistake, a big one with Diana but with Camilla, he has really done right. Poeple cringe at them and call them shallow selfish people but aren't we all like that. And to me him giving Camilla the dignity of being his wife is more than any title bestowed upon her. And just look at them so happy, and their companionship really has softened me up. I wish both of them a great number of years of togetherness.And I really really think that this mature Charles Camilla team is going to be great for Britain.

The Duchess of Cornwall, Camilla, wife of Britain's Prince Charles, smiles as she arrives at Westminster Abbey, Wednesday 14 December 2005, where she presented the Annual Children of Courage Awards.

from terra

Attachments

• 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 190
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 213
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 201
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
I heard that Camilla is to have a look around Kew Palace, does anyone know any more about it?

The Duchess of Cornwall, Camilla Parker-Bowles (R), tours 15 December 2005 Kew Palace at Kew Gardens west London. The Duchess was visiting the palace, which is undergoing a 6.6 million pound (10 million euro) restoration project. The palace was built around 1631 with distinctive bond brickwork by Samuel Fortrey. The Prince and Princess of Wales, later to become George II and Queen Caroline lived in the palace after being banished from St. James's Palace. George II and Queen Caroline's son, Prince Frederick married Princess Augusta and it was she who effectively established the botanic gardens of today.

from getty

Attachments

• 56435672.jpg
    56435672.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 271
  • 56435683.jpg
    56435683.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 247
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 214
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 178
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
The Prince of Wales delivers a speech to mark the 15th anniversary of his Seeing is Believing initiative at Wilton's Music Hall, in Wapping, east London, Wednesday December 14, 2005

from abaca

Attachments

• 440328.jpeg
    440328.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 269
  • 440329.jpeg
    440329.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 209
  • 440330.jpeg
    440330.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 186
  • 440331.jpeg
    440331.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 154
fanletizia said:
The Duchess of Cornwall, Camilla Parker-Bowles (R), tours 15 December 2005 Kew Palace at Kew Gardens west London. The Duchess was visiting the palace, which is undergoing a 6.6 million pound (10 million euro) restoration project. The palace was built around 1631 with distinctive bond brickwork by Samuel Fortrey. The Prince and Princess of Wales, later to become George II and Queen Caroline lived in the palace after being banished from St. James's Palace. George II and Queen Caroline's son, Prince Frederick married Princess Augusta and it was she who effectively established the botanic gardens of today.

from getty

I love her furry scarf. its beautiful. suits is gorgeous too. so well tailored.

i could do without those boots. camilla, you're not a teeny-bopper so don't dress like one.

pollyemma said:
I love her furry scarf. its beautiful. suits is gorgeous too. so well tailored.
I could do without those boots. camilla, you're not a teeny-bopper so don't dress like one.
Those boots are very Emma Peel. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of middle-aged men find the revamped Camilla something of a sex symbol. She looks very elegant with a touch of playfulness (and confidence), and the tailoring on the skirt shouts "top quality".

Note the last pic in the set: Camilla is inspecting the fabrics while on the left hand side the worthies are standing in a row, hands clasped before them, giving her space, and showing her deference.

From what we've seen recently, I think Camilla's time has arrived.

pollyemma said:
I love her furry scarf. its beautiful.

It really is. Is it a fox perhaps ;) ? Maybe Duchess had hunted it herself :D Or Charles had done it for her ;) ?

AgnesK said:
It really is. Is it a fox perhaps ;) ? Maybe Duchess had hunted it herself :D Or Charles had done it for her ;) ?

oh dear! maybe it was the last fox Camilla killed before foxhunting became illegal. she turned it into a scarf as a memento of the good ole days.;)

I'm not a big fan of fur, but that scarf really is extremely lovely.

pollyemma said:
oh dear! maybe it was the last fox Camilla killed before foxhunting became illegal. she turned it into a scarf as a memento of the good ole days.;)

It seems to be strands of different, real or fake furs, plaited together. It doesn't look like fox from the pictures.
It is unlikely that they would have managed to save a skin intact, from most foxhunts. After they have cut off the mask and tail, they used to give the body to the hounds! :eek:
Camilla apparently gave up some years before the ban, before she married Charles, so it would have been unlikely that she would have received a skin anyway.

The suit is lovely and the boots are really fashionable.

Skydragon said:
It doesn't look like fox from the pictures.

I agree but knowing her fox-hunting past I began to wonder whether that scarf isn't some kind of trophy :D

It looks like to me that she is wearing the same thing over and over again, I believe I've seen that blue suit at the Children of Courage awards a number of times now. I wish she would mix it up a little, the scarf and boots at the Kew Palace were a start.;)

This is not the same blue suit. I actually dont ever remember seeing the suit before. The scarf does look like a mix of real and/or faux fur. Im guessing those boots are really in right now or about to become the next big thing cause thats the second time Ive seen her wear those style of boots. I dont like the blue suit she wore to the Corageous children awards. It is a bit dowdy and I dont like the color. But I liker how she looks at Kew Palace.

Blue really seems to be her favourite colour this month and I personally think she looks great but it would be good to get some variety. she looked fantastic at Kew Palace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom