Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 9: December 1-16, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the queen's decition the queen decition. she has been queen by 53 years, is a wise woman and knows what she does. may she has reasons that we do not know. she not invited sarah for christmas ans queen know why, not us.

Elspeth said:
I don't think it's a matter of popularity as much as a matter of people not wanting to have to say a specific prayer for a woman who, in the eyes of the church, is in an adulterous repationship because her first husband is still alive.

i agree. the queen has a tricky role to follow because she is not only the head of state but the head of the church. if church doctrine says one thing, she would be wrong to challenge it and do whatever she wanted. It has been said that she is a woman of deep religious conviction so I guess she had to draw the line somewhere.

a question: Did the church blessing legitimize the marriage for the church of england or did it serve another function?

corazon said:
the queen's decition the queen decition. she has been queen by 53 years, is a wise woman and knows what she does. may she has reasons that we do not know. she not invited sarah for christmas ans queen know why, not us.

I seem to recall that Sophie will also not be mentioned by name. I think it's more the case that HM is seeing the sense of scaling things back & accepting that the entire population do not support the royal family. IMTS, in Queen Mary's day the King, the Queen, the Prince of Wales & all of their other children as well as, prior to her death, Queen Alexandra and all the royal spouses were mentioned by name in prayers. Things have changed a lot in the intervening years and people are just not as accepting of this type of show anymore.

wymanda said:
I seem to recall that Sophie will also not be mentioned by name. I think it's more the case that HM is seeing the sense of scaling things back & accepting that the entire population do not support the royal family. IMTS, in Queen Mary's day the King, the Queen, the Prince of Wales & all of their other children as well as, prior to her death, Queen Alexandra and all the royal spouses were mentioned by name in prayers. Things have changed a lot in the intervening years and people are just not as accepting of this type of show anymore.

but sophie not is future king's wife. are diferents situations.

Last edited:
Are the churches by law required to pray for the royal family. Many churches will include Camilla in their prayers as support for their future head. The queen does take her role as head of the church very seriously. I guess she playing it safe is best. The people who still do go to church regurally are probably really religious and condemn adultery.

On the flip side, including Camilla in the prayer will raise the hackles from some quarters as well. Since she is not formally known as Princess of Wales, perhaps that's one reason she is being excluded. Sort of the rank has its priviledges...and being mentioned in prayer as part of the priviledge of being known as PoW. Wasn't it mentioned before that as Duchess, Camilla is supposed be #4 in the royal ladies ranking? One can hardly pray for #4 when the 2nd & 3rd ladies are not mentioned either.

Its becoming too complicated and dangerous in my opinion. I know they are trying to play it safe but they are obviously downgrading Camilla. It is making the situation harder for Camilla because when she becomes fully accepted, and all signs lead to that, it will a bit hard to upgrade her without people making fun of the windsors. They need to keep it simple and treat Camilla as a low-key wife of the Prince of Wales for know and increase her role later. Hopefully things will change next year.

It sounds like a snubbery and made a difference between the treatment of Camilla and Diana again. But once Camilla accpeted this and calmed herself about this, it may be beneficial in the long-term period. The most important thing for Camilla is that Charles loves her always. Once Charles becomes the King, her status will be never denied. Now only Queen, Duke and Prince of Wales are in the prayers and I think Camilla will find her way to be contented and calm Charles as well.

I was saddened to learn that The Duchess of Cornwall will not be included in the prayers' list but that's the desicion of HM Queen Elzabeth and I think she had reasons for it.
Am I right in suggesting that the desicion could be the result of the fact that The Duchess comes (in rank) after The Pricness Royal?

Incas said:
On the flip side, including Camilla in the prayer will raise the hackles from some quarters as well. Since she is not formally known as Princess of Wales, perhaps that's one reason she is being excluded. Sort of the rank has its priviledges...and being mentioned in prayer as part of the priviledge of being known as PoW. Wasn't it mentioned before that as Duchess, Camilla is supposed be #4 in the royal ladies ranking? One can hardly pray for #4 when the 2nd & 3rd ladies are not mentioned either.

The High Anglican church will have problems concerning Camilla until her ex dies. They are very reluctant to be seen to condone divorce, for whatever or for any reason.:)

Charles and Camilla attend a Sunday morning church service, December 4

King Constantine was there too.

www.rexfeatures.com

Last edited:
A few more pictures from Rexfeatures

Do you think Camilla will every make a solo State or Royal visit. I dont think she will do any next year but I think in the end of 07 or in 2008 she will take do a solo visit. How long after Diana married Charles did she take her first solo visit abroad.

Princejonnhy25 said:
Do you think Camilla will every make a solo State or Royal visit. I dont think she will do any next year but I think in the end of 07 or in 2008 she will take do a solo visit. How long after Diana married Charles did she take her first solo visit abroad.

I think they are so happy in each others company, that there will not be any separate visits abroad.:)

I for one would like to see Camilla coming out of the shadows and take the centrestage on solo trips.

I like seeing Charles when he is with Camilla, he seems much more happy and laid back. He can seem very lonely somtimes on solo trips. But I would love to see Camilla on solo trips. She is fun and people would pay a bit more attention to her than Charles.

Princejonnhy25 said:
I like seeing Charles when he is with Camilla, he seems much more happy and laid back. He can seem very lonely somtimes on solo trips. But I would love to see Camilla on solo trips. She is fun and people would pay a bit more attention to her than Charles.

I think eventually she'll do some solo trips abroad but not for another couple of years. people have to get more used to her and she has to get used to her role.

thus far she's only done a few solo engagements in england itself.

btw, these photos and the article are delightful. i'm so glad they are such good friends with constantine and anne marie.

Princejonnhy25 said:

This is wonderful to read. See what a difference it makes to one's life having a soulmate at one's side. Charles is a one-woman man and it did not do at all to try to force another one on him.

Are Charles and Camilla at Sandringham a bit early this year or do they always retreat there early in December? I thought they went up there later, closer to Christmas for some reason.

Martine said:
Charles and Camilla attend a Sunday morning church service, December 4

King Constantine was there too.

Thanks for the pictures Martine! :)

I noticed that Queen Anne Marie is there, too. Right after the engagement announcement, I saw King Constatine being interviewed on a British news show and he spoke very highly of Camilla. He said that she had a great sense of humour and was a very loyal friend and confidante. His sentiments came as no surprise to me as I had heard over the years that he helped to arrange and even cover up for Charles and Camilla's dalliances while they were each married.

But I wonder how Queen Anne Marie feels about Camilla and if she and Camilla get along? Does anyone know?

Alexandria said:
But I wonder how Queen Anne Marie feels about Camilla and if she and Camilla get along? Does anyone know?

I've always had the impression that Constantine & Anne-Marie are not judgemental people. Again, they are fairly close to Charles in age and would have known Camilla for many years. Given the fact that Charles has always been close to them they would have known about Diana's problems and the situation with the marriage.

House Guests

It is not that often we get glimpses as to who is in the Wales inner circle, so I thought this was interesting (the inclusion of Princess Alexandra in the House Party may surprise some, but apparently she and Camilla are very close):

"The Prince of Wales and the Duchess had a party of close friends staying with them at Sandringham ... including ex-King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece, Princess Alexandra, the Duke of Westminster and his sister Leonora, Countess of Lichfield, and Sir Nicholas and Lady Soames."

from this link, originally posted by Incas (thanks!)
http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/News/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=News&tBrand=ed ponline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED04%20Dec%202005% 2018%3A02%3A50%3A713

Warren said:
It is not that often we get glimpses as to who is in the Wales inner circle, so I thought this was interesting (the inclusion of Princess Alexandra in the House Party may surprise some, but apparently she and Camilla are very close):

"The Prince of Wales and the Duchess had a party of close friends staying with them at Sandringham ... including ex-King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece, Princess Alexandra, the Duke of Westminster and his sister Leonora, Countess of Lichfield, and Sir Nicholas and Lady Soames."

from this link, originally posted by Incas (thanks!)
http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/News/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=News&tBrand=ed ponline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED04%20Dec%202005% 2018%3A02%3A50%3A713

You mean Princess Alexandra of Kent? She has always been a part of Charles' inner-circle, has she not? I know she and Angus are very fond patrons of The Prince's Trust. They help Charles whenever they can.

Avalon said:
I was saddened to learn that The Duchess of Cornwall will not be included in the prayers' list but that's the desicion of HM Queen Elzabeth and I think she had reasons for it.
Am I right in suggesting that the desicion could be the result of the fact that The Duchess comes (in rank) after The Pricness Royal?

Weird... guys, please educate me! When Diana married Charles, she was second lady of Britain. Now Camilla is ranking below Anne? How is this possible? Camilla has the rank and status of Princess of Wales, though chooses to be known as Duchess of Cornwall, so how can this be she is below Anne in rank?

She is second lady of the land. The seating arrangments when the norweggian royals showed that. Privatly, the Queen gave blood princess top status and married royals the lower status. Blood is thicker than water. That is how I interpretted it.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Weird... guys, please educate me! When Diana married Charles, she was second lady of Britain. Now Camilla is ranking below Anne? How is this possible? Camilla has the rank and status of Princess of Wales, though chooses to be known as Duchess of Cornwall, so how can this be she is below Anne in rank?
This has been discussed at length elsewhere. Keeping it short, there are two Orders of Precedence, the Official (ie State) and the Private (ie in the Queen's Household).

In the Official Order of Precedence Camilla ranks with the Prince of Wales after the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.

In the Queen's Order of Precedence she has ranked the two Princesses of the Blood, Anne and Alexandra, above Camilla.

CasiraghiTrio said:

I know this is slightly off topic, but when Diana married, she was the third lady in the land because the Queen Mother ranked as second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom