Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 9: December 1-16, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchess of Cornwall has been mentioned in Hello magazines for having a good style. It is the get some inspiration from the starts thread in fashion and models under the velvet section. She is wearing the lovely purple velvet dress. I like the whole articel. Nicole Ritche has gotten really skinny and doesnt look good anymore. I love the velvet, indigo/dark blue and lace gowns.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/fashion/specials/festive_frocks_05/pagina_5_1.html

Why do Charmilla have so little planned to do. When you look at the Pricess Royal and the others royals they have a packed schedule. The royal couple only have two things left to do before the end of the year. I was thinking of some charities and orginizations for Camilla to join. I would love to see her as a goodwill ambassador or somekind of UN ambassador. It would increase her international reputation and use her position for a really good cause. As for charities, I want her to make it official and become patron or president of a self harming orginization. She has donated before but I want her to be more invovled. It is still Taboo and Camilla can use her status to break the Taboo and help others understand the same way Diana did with aids. I know she is nervous but she has the greatest oppurtunity to help others and I hope she gets over her nerves and does take more high profile positions. I know most of the world know her as "the other women" but as they say in showbiz "no publicity is bad publicity."

Princejonnhy25 said:
Why do Charmilla have so little planned to do. When you look at the Pricess Royal and the others royals they have a packed schedule. The royal couple only have two things left to do before the end of the year. I was thinking of some charities and orginizations for Camilla to join. I would love to see her as a goodwill ambassador or somekind of UN ambassador. It would increase her international reputation and use her position for a really good cause. As for charities, I want her to make it official and become patron or president of a self harming orginization. She has donated before but I want her to be more invovled. It is still Taboo and Camilla can use her status to break the Taboo and help others understand the same way Diana did with aids. I know she is nervous but she has the greatest oppurtunity to help others and I hope she gets over her nerves and does take more high profile positions. I know most of the world know her as "the other women" but as they say in showbiz "no publicity is bad publicity."

Not all of Charles and Camilla's official functions are announced a long time in advance eg the exact dates and events of the US trip were only announced a week or 2 before they went to the US. Also some official events are surprise events such as the recent visit to the markets in London. That wasn't on their calendar.

Thank you Charlotte. Suprise visits must be hard and shocking. Im glad they do suprise visits though. Does anybody know how much events charles did in 04 compared to other royals. I know the Princess Royal is considered the most valubale royal after the queen.

Princejonnhy25 said:
Thank you Charlotte. Suprise visits must be hard and shocking. Im glad they do suprise visits though. Does anybody know how much events charles did in 04 compared to other royals. I know the Princess Royal is considered the most valubale royal after the queen.

The exact amount is on his official site, I think it's over 400 official events ( the Princes of Wales site also lists how much money he raised through his involvement in various charities and the amount of letters he wrote to various institutions and people) But the work he does with the Prince's Trust is not counted as official events. Princess Anne now always comes out with the most ( it used to be Prince Philip, but he's slowed down a bit as he's in his '80s!) Anne performed 600 or so official events.

branchg said:
It's possible Charles III could propose the House of Mountbatten-Windsor to the Government, but I tend to think it will remain the House of Windsor. Mountbatten means even less than Windsor does in terms of a royal house name. At least Windsor is a place.

I will be more glad that Charles becomes George VII. I had a feeling that history repeats itself. Victoria-- Edward VII-- George V -- Edward VIII -- George VI-- Elizabeth II -- George VII (Charles III) -- William V and ? William may be the last King of England. Charles is likely to change the House of Windsor into the House of Mountbatten-Winsor. Lord Mountbatten meant a lot to Prince Charles. He will do that to memorise him.

It may not be Charles's decision. I'm not sure the government will go along with a change like that; it sets a precedent that the house name will change when an heiress marries, and these days we could end up looking at the House of Bloggs or something, since marriage to a commoner is the most likely scenario.

I sold Charles short on how many official engagements he performed last year. Here's the exact amount from the "Annual review"

"• undertook 501 official engagements, including 103 abroad;
• received or entertained 7,400 guests at royal residences;
• attended 191 formal briefings and meetings;
• received over 47,000 letters from the public; and
• wrote over 2,300 letters personally, with a further 18,000 written on his behalf by his Office."

The Review covers the period from April (2004) to the following March.(2005)

He is a very busy man. I didnt know he was that busy. Not much emphasis is put on how much he does.

Thanks Charlotte for these statisitics. These show how busy he is. Certainly Prince Charles works very hard as Prince of Wales. He always puts his duty first. He keeps his promise to serve the country as much as he can. Prince Charles will be a good King and a great asset to the country. Long live Charles and Camilla!

i would agree with Charlotte1

Prince Charles still busy to do since his first marriage to Princess Diana in 1981-1996 for 15 years they later Camilla go with him for month to learn about it and but he would be good King but i dont think Camilla would become Queen,love_cc but i dont think would be long live as Charles and Camilla! who told you about it! but Camilla cant become Queen because more remind of late Diana,Princess of Wales very much and many people wanted to low-profiles about famous Princess Diana of Wales.

Prince Charles still busy to do since his first marriage to Princess Diana in 1981-1996 for 15 years they later Camilla go with him for month to learn about it and but he would be good King but i dont think Camilla would become Queen,love_cc but i dont think would be long live as Charles and Camilla! who told you about it! but Camilla cant become Queen because more remind of late Diana,Princess of Wales very much and many people wanted to low-profiles about famous Princess Diana of Wales.

She most certainly can. It'll take an act of Parliament to stop it.

I think Ill just leave it too you Elspeth to say the rational response and avoid an argument. There bound to get it sooner or later.

I wonder what Charles and Camilla do in their 'free' time, do they sit and read books, watch films on their private screen. Does Camilla still have her horses, do they shop on-line. Does anyone have any info?

A real shame in my opinion. I know the Queen wants to play it safe and slow but this is too slow, backwards and unchristian. Christianity is about forgivness and moving on. She should be in the prayers by tradition and right. I dont think we will ever see the Duchess in the prayers now only when she is Queen. I guess she is included in the when the say the royal family in general in the prayers but still, its not right.

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/12/04/npray04.xml

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1903176,00.html

Last edited:
Princejonnhy25 said:
An article on the Duchess and Osteoporosis. It has a mistake though in it. The Duchess father is still alive right? I knew he was very week at the wedding but I thought he was still alive.
Yes, very much alive:) ] It was her mother and grand-mother she lost to Osteoporosis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princejonnhy25 said:
A real shame in my opinion. I know the Queen wants to play it safe and slow but this is too slow, backwards and unchristian. Christianity is about forgivness and moving on. She should be in the prayers by tradition and right. I dont think we will ever see the Duchess in the prayers now only when she is Queen. I guess she is included in the when the say the royal family in general in the prayers but still, its not right.

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/12/04/npray04.xml

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1903176,00.html

I think it will be altered, in time and long before she becomes Queen.
I'm afraid it is the unchristian christians who keep up their objections to Camilla anyway, IMO.:( A great many practising christians are more than happy for Charles and Camilla.

One thing I agree with the MP on, they need to be careful. On one hand, they don't want to offend many people but on the other hand they don't want to downgrade the position of wife of Prince of Wales. It's dangerous territory. Once a wife's position has been degraded; its hard to bring it back.

ysbel said:
One thing I agree with the MP on, they need to be careful. On one hand, they don't want to offend many people but on the other hand they don't want to downgrade the position of wife of Prince of Wales. It's dangerous territory. Once a wife's position has been degraded; its hard to bring it back.

I really think it is only a case of waiting. More and more people that you speak to are now accepting Camilla. The change in Charles is so obvious, who could begrudge them happiness.:)

Skydragon said:
I really think it is only a case of waiting. More and more people that you speak to are now accepting Camilla. The change in Charles is so obvious, who could begrudge them happiness.:)

I don't disagree with you there, skydragon but they have a fine balancing act to do. If they make too few concessions to public opinion, their efforts will backfire, but if they make too many concessions to public opinion, they degrade the position.

I think the MP was right when he said it hadn't all been thought through at the beginning.

ysbel said:
I don't disagree with you there, skydragon but they have a fine balancing act to do. If they make too few concessions to public opinion, their efforts will backfire, but if they make too many concessions to public opinion, they degrade the position.

I think the MP was right when he said it hadn't all been thought through at the beginning.

If you think how public opinion and peoples perception of Camilla has changed since the wedding, I really do think it will only be a matter of time before she is included.
Another way is that if Camilla's ex were to die (not something I hope or wish for I hasten to add), the church will then recognise Camilla fully.
I have to be honest, one major shock is all some of my countrymen and women can take in a year!:)

I am sorry to say but the queen took a cowardly approach to the prayer issue. Camilla is married to the heir to the throne and should at all times be treated as such. Is it too late to base decisions on like or dislike. All priests have to include the Queen in the prayers whether they like her or not. It is a matter of honoring the symbolism and role of the royal family - not a popularity issue.

Both the Queen and Charles failed in their duty this time for not standing up for the consort to the heir of the throne.

grevinnan said:
I am sorry to say but the queen took a cowardly approach to the prayer issue. Camilla is married to the heir to the throne and should at all times be treated as such. Is it too late to base decisions on like or dislike. All priests have to include the Queen in the prayers whether they like her or not. It is a matter of honoring the symbolism and role of the royal family - not a popularity issue.

The Queen had to take the British church goers feelings into consideration. The majority of Brits will thank her for that, I think it showed great personal courage and strength to recognise that.

I think it is a cowerdly act. Yes there is a balance in that they are praying for Camilla when they say the royal family in general but not specifically but it goes against tradition and makes it into a popularity constest. The monarchy will only survive with the traditions that insure its continuation. The Queen has just made it more difficult for herslef when in the future she is accepted and then has to add Camilla. I think the time for precaution is over and she should be treated as any wife of the heir is.

I don't think it's a matter of popularity as much as a matter of people not wanting to have to say a specific prayer for a woman who, in the eyes of the church, is in an adulterous repationship because her first husband is still alive.

Yes but the church blessed the marriage and approved it so there should be no problems when it comes the divorce issue. Is the anglican like the catholic church in believing that once married always married. Or being a state church recognize divorces given by the state as church divorces too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom