Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 8: November-December 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Publishing a diary entry without permission is disgusting. I hope and I know Charles will be successful.

How is it in public interest. He is the future king, but his private thoughts that don't harm the country or anyone are not so important that the public must know.

More images of the visit to Liverpool

from getty

Attachments

• 56222788.jpg
    56222788.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 208
  • 56222785.jpg
    56222785.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 203
  • 56223533.jpg
    56223533.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 240
  • 56223532.jpg
    56223532.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 276
  • 56223026.jpg
    56223026.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 185
  • 56222952.jpg
    56222952.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 237
  • 56222929.jpg
    56222929.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 225
  • 56222987.jpg
    56222987.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 242
  • 56222783.jpg
    56222783.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 283
  • 56223536.jpg
    56223536.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
And more also from getty

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 205
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 193
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 227
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 192
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 236
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 241
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 244
It is so wrong to publish Charles's private journal without his permission. The journalist should have some ethics about his career. First he invaded Prince Charles' privacy and secondly the publishing may cause some political intension between Britain and China. It is a foreign affair not only an individual's matter. People should have the right of speech, but Charles is on such a special position and his words were very senstitive.
"appelling old waxworks" and "proganda speech" and so on were too mean to describe the Chinese officials. It is wrong to let the public know and the Chinese official know especially. I think Chinese officials and those Chinese who know about that will be quite angry about Charles' language. It is an insulting language. Even some Chinese people may dislike China Commist Party, they would not like to hear saracism like this about their officials.

BeatrixFan said:
Publishing a diary entry without permission is disgusting. I hope and I know Charles will be successful.

Does anyone know how exactly the Press got the Journal in the first place? I have read that Charles is said to write and distribute his thoughts on official engagements but these usually go only to family and friends.

It seems to me that there are more issues at stake than copyright infringement ig someone has stolen a copy from the owner's house, etc. So why isn't there a criminal investigation as well?

Caroline

caroline mathilda said:
Does anyone know how exactly the Press got the Journal in the first place? I have read that Charles is said to write and distribute his thoughts on official engagements but these usually go only to family and friends.

It seems to me that there are more issues at stake than copyright infringement ig someone has stolen a copy from the owner's house, etc. So why isn't there a criminal investigation as well?

Caroline

All sorts of rumours floating about,
that someone in the office that photocopies excerpts from his journal to send out, took an extra copy
or
someone working for the receiver of the copy helped him/herself to a copy.
Hopefully we will all find out soon and lets hope the thief will be prosecuted.:)

Camilla in Vanity Fair

I didnt know this but apparently Camilla and Charles had an article in Vanity Fair. It was the same edition with the wonderful Testino pics of Diana. In it there are some new pics of Camilla also. Can anyone post the article or the pics. That would be great.

The article is very boring and stating the facts we have known. The author mentioned that Charles' first girl friend Lucia Santa Cruz is later Diana's close friend Lucia Flecher de Lima. It is interesting,but I am not sure yet. We may check the guest list for the blessing. Lucia certainly attened that.
There are two precious photos about Camilla's early age. One was Camilla with Rurpert Hambro in a party and the other Camilla was with Charles Peel during Charistmas. Quite sensunal and quite fun. Others we shall have already seen that from other source.Tom's wedding, visiting Richmond, Charles and Camilla in a car in 1976, Charles,Camilla and Andrew in a photo in 1976, and Charles and Camilla in the foxhunting. But the photos are really touching to see them from the youth to now.

The Prince of Wales arrives for a visit to the North London Collegiate School, 21 November 2005 after meeting volunteers who are helping rebuild parts of Sri Lanka hit by the Boxing Day tsunami by harnessing methane gas from buffalo.Charles visited the Department for Education and Skills in central London, where he met three women who helped set up an "eco-centre" in one of the worst hit regions

From getty

Attachments

• 56248392.jpg
    56248392.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 187
  • 56248386.jpg
    56248386.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 222
  • 56248384.jpg
    56248384.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 237
  • 56248379.jpg
    56248379.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 242
  • 56248370.jpg
    56248370.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 210
  • 56248365.jpg
    56248365.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 215
  • 56247949.jpg
    56247949.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 212
  • 56247942.jpg
    56247942.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 204
  • 56247938.jpg
    56247938.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 223
  • 56248372.jpg
    56248372.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 202
"So why wasn't Sarah styled Princess Andrew, Duchess of York?"

Sarah actually WAS Her Royal Highness The Princess Andrew, Duchess of York, Countess of Inverness and Baroness Killyleagh.

"She is HRH Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.. among the many other titles she has as well...."

And Camilla is NOT Camilla, Duchess of Conwall. She is HRH The Duchess of Cornwall.

Duchess of Cornwall plays a game of table tennis during a visit to Atworth Youth Club in Atworth, England, Tuesday Nov. 22, 2005

from polfoto

Other images of the visit from getty

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 261
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 248
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 221
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 233
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 212
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 211
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
fanletizia said:
Duchess of Cornwall plays a game of table tennis during a visit to a youth club in Atwood, England, England, Tuesday Nov. 22, 2005

from polfoto

Other images of the visit from getty

i think this is my favorite one of her suits. she looks so good in it!

The Duchess looked very good on her visit in Wiltshire today, this is one of my favourite suites of her also, it really looks good on her and I like the blue colour contrast. If I dare say, the Duchess seems to have rather nice legs too :D You can see her "showing them off" in one of the pictures, where she's crossing them.

Here's a selection of the rest of the pictures from Getty.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 199
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 173
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 194
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 239
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 232
hmm....those boots. i guess I like them but I dont think they go really well with this outfit.

Those are nice boots but they dont go with the outfit. She does have nice legs. If you just look at her lower part of the body and with those boots you wouldnt think they belonged to a near sixty year old. She is so much fun and laid back. Very hands on and I like that about her. Not afraid to break protocal.

Is the Duchy Charles' or is it the governments? If it belongs to Charles, its ludicrous to say he has a conflict of interest in running his own estate. He doesn't have political power so he's not going to push legislation to favor his Duchy of Cornwall estates.

Unless I'm missing something this is much ado about nothing.

ysbel said:
Is the Duchy Charles' or is it the governments? If it belongs to Charles, its ludicrous to say he has a conflict of interest in running his own estate. He doesn't have political power so he's not going to push legislation to favor his Duchy of Cornwall estates.

Unless I'm missing something this is much ado about nothing.
Well, Charles is the Duke of Cornwall and it is his Duchy which is meant to provide him with an income. If it wasn't profitable he would be accused of incompetance; because it is successfully and efficiently managed, he is accused of ... just what exactly?

Reminds me of the attempted "furore" when the Duchy disclosed in its annual accounts that Charles financially supported Camilla to an extent before they were married. You and I are free to spend our own money in whatever way we like, but some Labour politicians would prefer that Charles submit his proposed private expenditures to them for approval!

Warren said:
Well, Charles is the Duke of Cornwall and it is his Duchy which is meant to provide him with an income. If it wasn't profitable he would be accused of incompetance; because it is successfully and efficiently managed, he is accused of ... just what exactly?

Reminds me of the attempted "furore" when the Duchy disclosed in its annual accounts that Charles financially supported Camilla to an extent before they were married. You and I are free to spend our own money in whatever way we like, but some Labour politicians would prefer that Charles submit his proposed private expenditures to them for approval!

exactly! this is driven by anti-monarchists who are always looking for something to kick up a fuss about. charles cant do anything right for them.

Warren said:

A lot of it is probably the governments need to make up the monetary deficit, due to their mismanagement. If they can fully tax the royals, they could increase their salaries, again, after all someones got to pay for their pension funds!!:)

They will always try and find something to get Charles. I agree with Skydragon. The Duchy is doing good business because Charles is an extremely intelligent man - if he can make a Duchy shine then he can make a Kingdom shine too!

I think there is a gala tonight that the Duchess and Prince will be attending. Does anybody have more info on the gala and what charity it is for. Im looking forward to see what the duchess shall wear.

Thats to celebrate the work of the Prince's Trust and will take place at the Banquet House, Whitehall, in London i think so, jonnhy.:)
And heres the first few pictures from Getty, The Duchess wearing a purple one with the necklace and the earings in the same colour, i guess so.:)
Princejonnhy25 said:
I think there is a gala tonight that the Duchess and Prince will be attending. Does anybody have more info on the gala and what charity it is for. Im looking forward to see what the duchess shall wear.

Attachments

• 56264484.jpg
    56264484.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 230
  • 56264541.jpg
    56264541.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 216
  • 56264542.jpg
    56264542.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 189
  • 56264543.jpg
    56264543.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 238
Last edited by a moderator:
Thats something new for the duchess. Her hair looks white and old though and her skin a bit pale. Hard to see the full dress though. Hopefully we will get more pics soon. I cant see it that good but her necklace also looks like a tiara.

WOW! Now that is a fabulous outfit. Very Very glam. I think she looks absolutely divine. She's becoming a real fashion goddess.

WOW! Now that is a fabulous outfit. Very Very glam. I think she looks absolutely divine. She's becoming a real fashion goddess.
A bit of an overstatment considering you can hardly see the dress. I like Camilla a lot too but there is no need to over do it. Lets wait a little bit longer and see more pics without the coat to decide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom