The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

No its most definitely not an authorized copy but if Charles wrote nothing but complain about stupid officials he had to meet, that's something that any public official has at one time said or wrote privately about others. Any feigned outrage about that is just a poorly disguised attempt to make another swipe at Charles for hurting Diana.

Can you imagine what Charles and Bush privately said about each other after their meeting? We can guess but some things are not worth knowing.

Clarence House may have to initiate proceedings to protect their legal rights to privacy but I think its unwise for Charles to make a big deal about it.

Old 11-13-2005, 01:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

saw an elderly woman editor of one of the big papers discussing the sundaypapers this morning on the bbc and she mentioned the journals and the fact that charles like all of us has his likes and dislikes and the chinese government is not one of his likes, he was unavailable to attend anything with them because he had the dalai lama as a houseguest at highgrove. do not know when he returned from the states and when the chinese left the uk but there must some truth in it.

Old 11-13-2005, 01:59 PM

Yes, same black hat with white band but no ornamental bits, the black suit looked familiar too. Does anyone know who the small lady was on the balcony, I didn't catch her name. I don't hold the Mail in much regard but I was interested in their views on this and fascinated by their sudden admiration for the Prince.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
saw an elderly woman editor of one of the big papers discussing the sundaypapers this morning on the bbc and she mentioned the journals and the fact that charles like all of us has his likes and dislikes and the chinese government is not one of his likes, he was unavailable to attend anything with them because he had the dalai lama as a houseguest at highgrove. do not know when he returned from the states and when the chinese left the uk but there must some truth in it.
Well, if the US tour was timed so that he didn't have to meet the Chinese president, he's taking advantage of the sort of latitude he won't have the luxury of affording when he becomes King. If the government wants to put out friendly overtures to a foreign leader, the monarch has to go along with it.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Can Mandy or anybody else post pics of TRH The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall at the Festival of Rememberence last night and at the cenotaph rememberence ceremonies today. I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Mandy isn't around at the moment, but I'm sure someone will be able to post them.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wheres Mandy when you need her. Shes a real doll. Always has pics for every event and good ones too. If anyone else has pics please post them.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rianmelt
Yes, same black hat with white band but no ornamental bits, the black suit looked familiar too. Does anyone know who the small lady was on the balcony, I didn't catch her name.
It was the same hat and sorry, it still had the ornamental bits on it. I thought it was Princess Alexandra standing with Camilla.:)
Old 11-14-2005, 07:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Happy Birthday Prince Charles
Old 11-14-2005, 12:28 PM

Lovely to see Princess Alexandra up on the balcony. And of course, she gets on very well with Camilla. I don't think Hello Magazine should have made a big fuss of it being Camilla's first appearance at Remembrance Sunday. That wasn't the landmark we were focussing on yesterday.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
nice hat, except for the "antenna."

i wonder how many channels it picks up.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Happy Birthday Charles. I hope he has a good one this year. Are Princess Alexandra and Camilla friends? It was an importent event for Camilla. They made a big fuss when William attended it last year too.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:59 PM

Alexandra and Camilla have been friends for years. Camilla often spends the weekend with Alexandria (and in the past with Angus). Alexandra asked if she could sit with Camilla at the Jubilee Concerts.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
Are Princess Alexandra and Camilla friends? It was an importent event for Camilla. They made a big fuss when William attended it last year too.
I don't know about friends, Princess Alexandra is rarely in the news here.
I don't know why they make such a fuss about who has attended.
I suppose with Camilla, it was a case of 'she's a member of the family now'.:)
Old 11-14-2005, 04:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Alexandra and Camilla have been friends for years. Camilla often spends the weekend with Alexandria (and in the past with Angus). Alexandra asked if she could sit with Camilla at the Jubilee Concerts.
Thanks for that Beatrixfan, I had no idea.:)
Old 11-14-2005, 05:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

He is 57 years old today. He doesnt age that well I must say. I have a 60 year old proffeser and Charles looks older than him. Do you think his wife and kids threw him a party. I dont think he has any engagments today. I wish him 43 more happy birthdays and maybe more with his family history.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:18 PM
Royal Highness

Poor Charles..in many respects..if you had as much to deal with over the past 20 years like him...you would not be aging as well either... :)

Maybe his new good friend, Joan Rivers, could recommend a plastic surgeon?? JUST KIDDING EVERYONE!!!!! :) :) :)
Old 11-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Administrator

{response to off-topic post deleted - Elspeth}

It was great to see Princess Alexandra in the pics. Hope she is doing okay despite the loss of her husband.

Received my Vanity Fair in the mail today...decent clean article about Charles and Camilla. Would be nice if everyone (basically the media) took the same high road.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
This is true. Camilla is also quite friendly with Princess Anne and the Duchess of Kent. She is said to be not so enamoured of Princes Andrew and Edward, probably due to their rather sour relationship with Charles.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:29 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I thought Charles and Andrew were on better terms now. Does anyone know the cause of the split?

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales